Canada - Bruce McArthur- Pleads Guilty - murders of 8 men, Toronto, 2010-2017 #2

8th charge of 1st-degree murder laid against Bruce McArthur. Toronto police also reveal identity of victim whose photo was earlier released; man named as Kirushna Kumar Kanagaratnam.

8th charge of 1st-degree murder laid against Bruce McArthur. Toronto police also reveal identity of victim whose photo was earlier released; man named as Kirushna Kumar Kanagaratnam.

May he rest in peace now.

From the presser; "He doesn't fit the profile of the others".

I’m so, so relieved that this poor soul was identified, and that releasing the photograph wasn’t all for not.

I cannot fathom how much of a monster the accused it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps others have already pointed to this, but most victims share the profile of having been a newcomer to Canda, refugee, and had little family/friendship ties in Canada. IMO he was also targeting this profile.

McArthur appeared in court Monday, charged with first-degree murder in the death of 37-year-old Kirushna Kumar Kanagaratnam from Scarborough.

Kanagaratnam was believed to be killed sometime between Sept. 3 and Dec. 14, 2015.

Kanagaratnam came to Canada in 2010 from Sri Lanka, and hadn’t been reported missing, Det-Sgt. Hank Idsinga told reporters Monday morning.

Kanagaratnam didn’t have a known connection to Toronto’s Gay Village, Idsinga said.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...e-on-bruce-mcarthur-investigation-monday.html

cache.php

Victor Ferreira @VicF77

Police have released a photo of Kirushna Kumar Kanagaratnam, Bruce McArthur's eighth alleged victim

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...e-on-bruce-mcarthur-investigation-monday.html

Catherine McDonald Verified account
@cmcdonaldglobal
6m6 minutes ago

Det Sgt Hank Idsinga says they have now identified the last set of remains from the planters. The alleged victim is Kirushna Kumar Kanagaratnam. The 37 years old was from Scarborough. Never reported missing. His identity was confirmed with assistance of international agency.

The 8th alleged victim of Bruce McArthur. 37 year-old Kirushna Kumar Kanagaratnam of Scarborough. @TPSHomicide allege he was murdered between Sept-Dec 2015. He was never reported missing. His skeletal remains were found in a planter on Mallory Cres. Unclear how he knew McArthur

Det Sgt Idsinga says “right now I have no evidence to link Mr McArthur to any murder earlier than Skanda Navaratnam” despite fact some experts say (alleged) serial killers don’t begin in their 50’s. McArthur is 66 years old

Kanagaratnam was originally from Sri Lanka. Came to Canada in 2010. He was not one of the 22 possible identities that police were looking at as of last Wednesday. His name came in as a new tip. And until now, was not connected to the gay village according to @TPSHomicide

We need to change the title of this thread. McArthur is now charged with 8 murders not just 6.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Det. Idsinga will be on CP24 shortly. Can someone please put a streaming link? Thank you

Homicide Squad Verified account
@TPSHomicide
2h2 hours ago

Please don't share previously released pic out of respect for victim/family/friends
. New photo of Kirushna Kumar Kanagaratnam, positively ID'd in alleged serial killer investigation. #BruceMcArthur now charged with 8x 1st Degree Murder. Watch press conf: https://youtu.be/xs7pAw4vcA4 – at Toronto Police Service - Headquarters

If members come across a post with the post-mortem pic that had been released of the deceased, please Alert on it so we can have it removed.

Thanks for your help.

No. but thank you for posting it. lol

Det. Idsinga spoke with George Logagianes during the noon newscast today.
It was a short interview but he said that 'experts' in serial killers would have him looking for a mid 30s, brown skinned man as the killer. WRONG
Also that 'experts' say that men don't kill in their 60s. WRONG
There was a bit more but I couldn't watch all of it. Basically, he was saying that BM has blown all known information from 'experts' out of the water as far as being a serial killer.

Hopefully, CP24 will run it again tonight, possibly on the evening news.

Seems there is no video of it but it was almost better than the formal news releases, as he was relaxed and 'chatty' with GL. Sometimes, they say little bits that they won't in a proper news release.

Thanks again dotr.;)

Can we pls replace Dean’s mugshot? I have a photo of him. How do I post it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror
Back