GUILTY Canada - Catherine 'Catie' Miller, 29, Dartmouth, NS, 15 July 2014

the lawyer's appointment mentioned in the articles is 'possible' clue. I hope that the other party (if there is/was one) is not the one responsible for her disappearance (just in case this is a child support/custody matter that is pending).

Yes, legal battle over custody and if it's a case of the X wanting custody, then I've seen a number of women then go "missing".
We know so little in this case...
What was going in her social media (if any).
Places she visited, friends she was with before going missing.
Any one bothering/stalking her.

Nobody is saying where Bluebell dropped her off - all they are saying is that police is checking into this. Nobody is really saying anything. A lot of missing posters have been circulated and put in public places. Nobody is providing any background other than she has been separated from her husband for 18 months, has a 2-3 year old boy.

Friends that have come forth on the Find Catie facebook page appear to be from her secondary education years. No habits have been discussed, her father says she did not have a job. Her father says that she recently had cable installed and had paid the power bill at her apartment. No indication of where the money came from for apartment rental, cable installation or payment of the power bill. She had an important meeting set for the 28th of July regarding her son but did not make/keep that appointment.

This case just simply has way more questions than answers. It is concerning that her bank account and social media sites have not been accessed.

Hoping that they find Catie soon.

Is there any confirmation on the time of 2 45 pm for the cab ride?

Nobody is saying where Bluebell dropped her off - all they are saying is that police is checking into this. Nobody is really saying anything. A lot of missing posters have been circulated and put in public places. Nobody is providing any background other than she has been separated from her husband for 18 months, has a 2-3 year old boy.

Friends that have come forth on the Find Catie facebook page appear to be from her secondary education years. No habits have been discussed, her father says she did not have a job. Her father says that she recently had cable installed and had paid the power bill at her apartment. No indication of where the money came from for apartment rental, cable installation or payment of the power bill. She had an important meeting set for the 28th of July regarding her son but did not make/keep that appointment.

This case just simply has way more questions than answers. It is concerning that her bank account and social media sites have not been accessed.

Hoping that they find Catie soon.

So little to go on....
Wonder if LE has cleared her ex - there's no indication of custody battle, and appears they had a working custody agreement.
It's been mentioned she had recently moved into her apt (just getting cable TV goes along with that) - and we've seen cases where a single gal moving into new apt becomes a target of a someone living close by... I'm leaning toward that.. Not having a car, I wonder if someone offered her ride and used that a way to take her.

Why was the shooting a few blocks away from her apt the day before her disappearance mentioned in an article in a Halifax paper? Is that something they think is related?

It says in this article that they looked into it. I wonder where the taxi took her and i also noticed that haven't found her phone.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/1228167-parents-of-dartmouth-s-catie-miller-missing-since-july-15-plan-national-search

A bit more in that news story...
Suffering from depression is not a good sign.
No mention of what the important appointment was.
Appears LE has access to her phone/social media records, and nothing so far there.
Also appears LE has check trains and buses.
Seen a couple of suicide cases recently, and sadly this might be another. (Families in those didn't see it coming, but did mention depression issues.)

http://globalnews.ca/news/1503929/n...th-woman-catie-miller-missing-4-weeks-police/

"John said he was listening to the radio last week when the topic of Kimberly McAndrew’s disappearance came up.

“You have to steal yourself for the long haul and pace yourself for what might or might not happen,” he said.

McAndrew has been missing for 25 years — she vanished at age 19 shortly after leaving work at the Canadian Tire on Quinpool Road.

In McAndrew’s case, the province is offering a $150, 000 reward for any tip that leads to an arrest and a conviction in the case.

Police say they have a number of investigators working on Miller’s case. Tips have come in from as far west as Ottawa, but police say no tips have led to a break in the case, and they aren’t ruling out foul play."

Police say there has been a significant development in the case of a Dartmouth woman reported missing last month.

Investigators confirm police were called to the Dartmouth Sportsplex on Sunday to pick up a cellphone related to Catherine Miller’s case, but are saying little else at this point.

“An item has been turned over to Dartmouth Sportsplex on Sunday. It has been turned over to police. It is in relation to the Catie Miller disappearance,” says Halifax Regional Police Const. Pierre Bourdages.

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/cellphone-turned-over-to-police-in-case-of-missing-dartmouth-woman-1.1956946

Terry Miller says her heart won’t rest until her daughter is found.

Before hundreds of people during a solemn candlelight vigil Tuesday at Halifax Grand Parade, she tearfully asked God to bring her daughter Catherine (Catie) Miller home safe.

Catie disappeared on July 15. The 29-year-old had recently moved to an apartment near the corner of Windmill Road and Stairs Street in Dartmouth.

“I’ve not given up that our daughter will return,” her mother said. “I do believe Catie would never walk away from her family and especially her 3 1/2-year-old son Oliver without letting us know that she is all right.”

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/1229025-vigil-held-for-missing-woman-catie-miller#.U-shr-qY8kQ.facebook

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back