CANADA Canada - Cedrika Provencher, 9, Trois-Rivieres, QC, 31 July 2007

OMG I can't believe it! Finally after all these years. I'm shocked she was able to be identified if her remains were only found yesterday afternoon.

RIP Cedrika, my condolences to your family.

1104288-cedrika-provencher-portee-disparue-depuis.jpg

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-nouvellis...5-le-corps-de-cedrika-provencher-retrouve.php

It's like a miracle. Her body is found 8 years later. omg.

This is a huge, unexpected surprise!
Sad and final for Cedrika's family, friends and community, but oh my, that poor child can finally be returned home.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/cedrika-provencher-body-found-1.3362906

"The body of Cédrika Provencher, who has been missing since 2007, has been found in Saint-Maurice, near Trois-Rivières, Que.

The Sûreté du Québec announced late Saturday that they had recovered human bones and identified them as the remains of Cédrika.

The girl was last seen on July 31, 2007 near her home in Trois-Rivières. She was reportedly approached by an adult who asked for help to find a missing dog. She was never seen again.

She was nine years old at the time.

On Friday afternoon, human remains were found by passersby in a forest on the edge of Highway 40 East in Saint-Maurice, the SQ said."

Her name is trending on twitter right now. I'm in shock that she was found. Her poor family can finally have peace and begin to hopefully heal.

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/cédrika-provencher-s-remains-found-in-trois-rivieres-sq-1.2698337
" Her disappearance spurred the creation of the Cédrika Provencher Foundation, founded in order to make sure the little girl's story wouldn't be forgotten, and to prevent what happened to her from happening to others.

The SQ says the investigation into her disappearance, and now her death, is ongoing. The police force says anyone with information related to the investigation can contact them at 1-800-659-4264."

RIP sweet Cedrika. You can finally be brought home.

I don't mean to be a jerk but as a CSI student I am having a really hard time buying that in under 24 hours they found human bones (the wording in the articles you've posted makes me think a non-intact skeleton) and have made a positive ID. It takes about a month for DNA test results and that's the only 100% way to prove ID. ALSO only a coroner can positively identify remains/ declare reminded identified. I don't know but this really isn't sitting right with me. I mean when they found that little girl Jolene under a bridge in Montreal after 12 years it took a month for them to positively ID her....

"The bones were discovered about 15 kilometers from where the girl was last seen. They were found in a small walking path, some 500 meters from the road perpendicular to the exit 210. They were transported and analyzed at the Laboratory of Forensic Science and Forensic Medicine."

I don't mean to be a jerk but as a CSI student I am having a really hard time buying that in under 24 hours they found human bones (the wording in the articles you've posted makes me think a non-intact skeleton) and have made a positive ID. It takes about a month for DNA test results and that's the only 100% way to prove ID. ALSO only a coroner can positively identify remains/ declare reminded identified. I don't know but this really isn't sitting right with me. I mean when they found that little girl Jolene under a bridge in Montreal after 12 years it took a month for them to positively ID her....

I don't think DNA was specified ... she may have been IDd through dentals.

I've only read the cbc piece so maybe I'm missing details, but DNA was not mentioned as the source of the ID. Other possibilities are dental and doctor records. If Cedrika has ever broken a bone, ever had a filling in her teeth, then probably the police have files and xray films etc.
I am so happy her love ones will have some peace after many long years filled with questions and the worst kind of imaginings.

Dear Cedrika, I wish you could have danced longer upon this earth ...May you rest in peace *advertiser censored*

Maybe there was evidence that proved it belonged to her. ie: a piece of clothing, jewellery, even dental records.

ETA ~ Dental records in above comments.

tp-cedrika-poster.jpg

Godspeed Cedrika :angel:

The beautiful girl with an equally beautiful name can now go home and be laid to rest.

Cedrika, I am so sorry evil crossed your path and took your precious life. My condolences to her family and my justice be swift and harsh.

I can't believe she was found so close to home. RIP Cedrika :rose:

Hope they find the perp. IMO he / she must be a local.

I can't find any article that says who found her. Also was she exposed or placed in a bag? So very little details.

I was thinking about the man who killed Tina Fontaine, R Cormier. He is from New Brunswick. But Cedrika was found by people walking a trail, I don't think this was a search for her. Or was it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back