CANADA Canada - Christine Jessop, 9, Queensville, Ont, 3 Oct 1984 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr T seems like the perp to me. Violent temper, sexual deviant, carried a knife, had access to a car, worked in a cemetary and CJ's body was positioned in a sick way (maybe that was his funerary touch for Christine.) JMO. Does anyone know where this person is now?

Can someone tell me his real name? TIA. I have Makin's book somewhere and I can't find it right now.

There were 3 main suspects besides GPM in the book Dean MacP, Brad F, and Bill L.

Is there a map with the exact location of where Christine was found?

I realize that everyone is now onto Suspect’s, and not to take away from Suspects. But I would like poster’s thoughts on this as they are pondering suspect’s:
Found on Christine’s corduroy pants, beside lint, hair, dirt, were small red plastic chips. What items back in 1983 were made of plastic, which was easily broken or easily chipped?
1) Toys?
2) Car paint?
3) Something in/from the perp’s vehicle? Trunk, backseat, back floor?

Dedpanman when you have the time could you please quote from Makin’s book, the description of these small red chips? And what was found on the corduroy pants? Thank you.

I realize that everyone is now onto Suspect’s, and not to take away from Suspects. But I would like poster’s thoughts on this as they are pondering suspect’s:
Found on Christine’s corduroy pants, beside lint, hair, dirt, were small red plastic chips. What items back in 1983 were made of plastic, which was easily broken or easily chipped?
1) Toys?
2) Car paint?

Dedpanman when you have the time could you please quote from Makin’s book, the description of these small red chips? And what was found on the corduroy pants? Thank you.

I will get back to you.

I’m not certain which category this falls under? Overkill was acted upon a very small female child. Was the male’s anger directed towards ?:
1) Christine
2) All females in general, regardless of their age
4) His mother
5) His rejections by females
6) Frustration/anger with his life
7) Frustration/anger with his job
8) Frustration/anger with his boss

Any poster’s have anything else to add?

I’m not certain which category this falls under? Overkill was acted upon a very small female child. Was the male’s anger directed towards ?:
1) Christine
2) All females in general, regardless of their age
4) His mother
5) His rejections by females
6) Frustration/anger with his life
7) Frustration/anger with his job
8) Frustration/anger with his boss

Any poster’s have anything else to add?

I'm not sure the anger has to do with a specific situation like those listed above unless it was 6. In my opinion it has more to do with mental health of this offender, although I would bet that the person responsible for this brutal attack was likely molested as a child. Neat reads for more understanding;

http://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/106117797/

http://www.eaplstudent.com/component/content/article/193-fact-sheet-violent-offenders

1) Toys?
2) Car paint?

Did CJ's bike have plastic red handles? I know there is a pic on this thread of the house with her bike out front.

Apologies ... you have gone on to another filter and I am bringing older arguments/discussions to the table. For what it's worth, I was not understanding what Woodland was talking about DNA until I found the following ...
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/LOP/ResearchPublications/prb0829-e.htm

It's a long read but important for understanding, in my limited and humble thinking, especially when you get to Canadian context which better explains what Woodland has been referring to.

I am assuming that this is the section of the article to which Woodland is referring?

C. The Canadian Context
Changing technologies were anticipated in the drafting of the DNA Identification Act. As a result, DNA samples are preserved following analysis; under section 10 of the Act, they may be re-analyzed if justified by “significant technological advances,” but may not be used for any other purpose.

Any analysis method, including the new methods described above, may be used in Canada during investigations, and could therefore be adopted for particular cases where the conventional STR method fails to obtain results from degraded DNA evidence. However, the results in these cases could only be compared to reference samples collected with a DNA warrant or from volunteers and analyzed with the same methods, and not against data bank profiles.

Correct, I don't know what info W relies on or who has verified its accuracy but perhaps this was all just a simple misinterpretation? I can't speak for her but the addition of the one word "fail" in the above article gives it an opposite meaning than it otherwise would. Maybe that simple?

What I thought was clear isn't so clear after all. I believe the confirmation came directly from RCMP and perhaps the person spoken to didn't understand either. Perhaps the info Mistysues has and is "studied" in the subject needs to be submitted to the officers who made the mistake.

Marikesh - the article you attached to your post #465 is not what I was referring to. Subsequent posts assuming that is what I was referring to are also incorrect.

The article in post #465 is dated 3 March 2009 and begins with the background on the National DNA Database which began in June 2000. It has no bearing on what was in use up to and including January 1995.

The article I refer to was attached by Mistysues in their post #372. Written by Thomas Curran in September 1997 - BP443E - the Library of Parliament Reference.

Here it is again -

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/LOP/researchpublications/bp443-e.pdf

See page 12 -

'The standard forensic-DNA typing technology initially used in Canada was the RFLP technology; this is now being replaced by the newer PCR/STR (polymerase chain reaction/short tandem repeat) technology. As of May 1997, the RCMP's Central Forensic Laboratory in Ottawa, as well as laboratories in Regina and Vancouver, had converted to PCR/STR from RFLP; the RCMP laboratories in Halifax and Edmonton were still using the RFLP technology; and the Winnipeg laboratory was using both technologies. Full conversion of the RCMP forensic laboratory system to PCR/STR analysis is expected to be completed in early 1998. The Centre for Forensic Sciences in Toronto also uses the PCR/STR technology.'

Curran does not discuss labs in the US.

Also in post #372, there is part of an article titled 'DNA Evidence in the Christine Jessop Homicide Case.'

The original of that paper, written by the same authors excluding D.H. BI, is titled 'The use of a Comprehensive Approach for Neutralization of PCR.'

Both articles refer to a potent inhibitor of the PCR. There is no mention of the use of STR. STR technology was not available, and the PCR technology was new - careful modifications were required to overcome the problems which were severe degradation of the samples.

The test was conducted at CBR Laboratories in Boston, MA - the best of the best at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173