CANADA Canada - Christine Ziomkiewicz, 28, Kingston, Ont, 23 June 1978

Bumping.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2168dfon.html
attachment.php

• [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 27 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 110 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Thick dark brown hair; hazel eyes. Petite build.
    [*]Personal Effects: Wears glasses; envelope-style brown leather purse.
    [*]Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
On June 23, 1978, Christine Ziomkiewicz disappeared from her Park Street home and has not been seen or heard from since. Christine had a Bachelor of Science degree from Brock University. At the time of her disappearance she worked as a research technician in the lab of Queen's University.
June 23rd was a regular workday for Christine Ziomkiewicz. She was at the lab in Abramsky Hall early that morning. After work that day, it appears Christine went directly to the Kingston Centre where she shopped for groceries, then drove to her Park Street apartment. By 19.00 she made it back to her apartment building at 200 Park Street where she lived in a basement apartment. A bag of groceries tucked under her arm, she chatted briefly with a neighbor at her apartment doorway. When the conversation ended, she went inside. No one has seen her since.
Christine's parents called police on June 27, to report her missing. Her vehicle was still in the building’s parking lot and there was nothing to indicate she had left intentionally for any length of time. When police searched Christine's apartment, they did not find anything suspicious. There were no signs of a struggle, no sign she was planning to leave the city and no indications that she was troubled. The only thing missing was her envelope-style, brown leather purse.
Christine is described as conscientious, quiet, pretty, outgoing, reliable and socially active. She dated, but there was never any suggestion that she took risks. She was not known to be in a relationship at the time of her disappearance.
A year after Christine disappeared, her parents revealed publicly that a private investigator they had hired concluded that she had met a new boyfriend in the six to eight weeks before she vanished. It’s said she called the man several times daily, most regularly at 10.00 each day. Those calls extended through most of May and June. No one knew the man's identity. The private investigator concluded that Christine left her apartment on June 23rd with the man. However this can not be verified.
Foul play is suspected.

Attachments

• CZiomkiewicz.jpg
    CZiomkiewicz.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 142
Side-by-sides of Christine and Cleo's recons of Bowmanville Jane Doe, which are based off a composite sketch that I think depicts a more accurate rendering of her appearance than the other official busts/reconstructions for her: Christine Ziomkiewicz.jpgBowmanville Jane Doe recons.jpg.

Almost forgot, sketch for Bowmanville Jane Doe that Cleo used to come up with her rendering (side-by-sides for comparison): Bowmanville JD Sketch.jpgBowmanville Jane Doe recons.jpg.

Would be great if the PI would come here to discuss the case.

Given folks, including her parents, were not aware of Christine's relationship until after hiring a PI , I suspect that relationship was kept under wraps for a reason. If the PI determined that Christine phoned an individual numerous times daily by phone, surely they have a phone # and ID on this person.

Would be great if the PI would come here to discuss the case.

Given folks, including her parents, were not aware of Christine's relationship until after hiring a PI , I suspect that relationship was kept under wraps for a reason. If the PI determined that Christine phoned an individual numerous times daily by phone, surely they have a phone # and ID on this person.

Hopefully that PI is still alive all this time later, not sure if they would be able to disclose any information without permission due to privacy concerns though. I think there was a reason for secrecy regarding the relationship too, maybe this person was married for example. It's likely that they were unable to trace the calls because they were made from a public phone each time. On another note, I think I may have an update for you all soon.

Bumping with a minor update, I resubmitted the potential match to BJD through NCMPUR (http://www.canadasmissing.ca/index-eng.htm) and was told the information had been forwarded to the appropriate agencies and was given contact information for the detective handling Christine's case. I sent a more detailed e-mail their way about the similarities between these two cases around three weeks ago. I haven't heard anything back yet. Christine's page: https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2008023399&id=8.

Does anyone know if there any other pictures of Christine available? I've only been able to find the one on here.
I've found one. This case haunts me. How can some one go missing without a trace. I live around the corner from park st and walk by her building weekly.

Attachments

• CZandShin.jpg
    CZandShin.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 25
Finally a fresh article!
Cold cases: The search for justice never stops
Aug 31 2018
"On June 23, 1978, 27-year-old Christine Ziomkiewicz mysteriously disappeared from her basement apartment on Park Street. With her car still parked outside the building, the Queen’s University lab technician had purchased groceries that day after work and left them on the kitchen table. Dirty dishes were found the sink waiting to be washed, a new sweater still in a bag was on her bed waiting to be worn, and there was no sign of a struggle, Finn said. Her body has never been found and police suspect foul play.
Finn said they also explored a possible connection with an inmate who hung himself in Kingston Penitentiary. In the inmate’s 1989 suicide note, the man “ranted” of the multiple murders he’d committed across the country, Finn said. That same inmate had a girlfriend, later his wife, who lived a few blocks away from Christine on Park Street. Prior to Christine’s disappearance, the inmate was given day passes to visit his girlfriend, but by the time Christine vanished, the couple were in Alberta.

In May, Christine’s brother Bernie Ziomkiewicz retired from Queen’s University, where he was a technician in the physics department. He was 25 when his sister disappeared and told the Whig-Standard this past Thursday that he remembers feeling very vulnerable.

“When something very unexpected happens like that, you start to wonder if it is going to happen again, and who’s next,” Bernie said. “When something so odd and unexpected happens, it opens the floodgates to what other odd and unexpected things can happen?”

In January 2017, Bernie also spoke with Finn and handed over three DNA samples: one to stay with the local force, one to go to the RCMP and one to go to the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the U.S. Finn confirmed that Bernie’s DNA will be uploaded to the RCMP’s National Missing Persons DNA Program databank to compare to unidentified human remains that have been found over the past 50 years.

Despite the recent interviews, re-examination of evidence and handing over his DNA, Bernie is realistic. He doesn’t believe she left her apartment voluntarily, and if she hasn’t been found in 40 years, he’s not sure she’ll ever be found.

Bernie lives on Park Street and often drives past Christine’s old apartment, located at the corner of Park and Regent streets.

“I look at the apartment, wonder about the people living in there now,” Bernie mused. “I wonder if they have any idea of what happened there, the history of that apartment.”

“It’s a true mystery,” Finn said. “When you vanish without a trace, leaving no physical evidence, it makes a case very challenging. With Christine, it’s sad. The family was always looking for answers.”

In 2017, two men — one of whom the family’s private investigator believed to be Christine’s boyfriend — were located and interviewed by Kingston Police, Finn said. Travelling to British Columbia and the Maritimes to speak with both of them in person, investigators determined neither of them were in a romantic relationship with Christine."

I was born in Kingston and I was 16 when Christine disappeared, her case was one of several in the area that still haunts the locals. My Grandparents lived close to her Apt and I walked by it many times in my life. I so wish her remains could be found.
Christine had just returned from the grocery store. I have always in my heart believed that someone who also resided in the building was responsible. I think she opened her door and was forcibly taken to another Apt, hence no signs of disturbance in hers. Christine was a tiny woman with a malformed leg and visible limp, she could not have run.

I was born in Kingston and I was 16 when Christine disappeared, her case was one of several in the area that still haunts the locals. My Grandparents lived close to her Apt and I walked by it many times in my life. I so wish her remains could be found.
Christine had just returned from the grocery store. I have always in my heart believed that someone who also resided in the building was responsible. I think she opened her door and was forcibly taken to another Apt, hence no signs of disturbance in hers. Christine was a tiny woman with a malformed leg and visible limp, she could not have run.
Welcome to Ws Gypseygirl!
The information about the malformed leg and limp are interesting, hoping you have a link, would like to read more about it, thanks!

I've found one. This case haunts me. How can some
The information about the malformed leg and limp are interesting, hoping you have a link, would like to read more about it, thanks!

one go missing without a trace. I live around the corner from park st and walk by her building weekly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back