Canada - Connor, 6, & Noah Barthe, 4, killed by python, Campbellton, NB, 5 Aug 2013

Snake finds its way up into the ceiling. In Australia it would be warm up there and in an old building some rats or mice. its slithering along and the weight of it causes a section of ceiling to give way falling on the boys

Except I thought we established that the snake was in the same ROOM with the boys.
Did we not establish that?

I can't find the link, sorry - but I read the enclosure was just a couple of meters from where the boys were sleeping. Looking at his son's room - there were enclosures built into the wall itself, old displays from when it was a business. So yeah, I am pretty sure the snake's enclosure was either IN the room or just on the other side of its wall.

Snake finds its way up into the ceiling. In Australia it would be warm up there and in an old building some rats or mice. its slithering along and the weight of it causes a section of ceiling to give way falling on the boys

Wait, so the boys were covered with ceiling material?

I'm had formed an opinion about this but after reading your comments about the snakes abilitys. Does anyone know how long the mum and zoo owner had been best friends. Im confused about who lived in the flat above the zoo. Where there two units. I think the zoo owners son being in another room could have just splitting them up so they would settle to sleep in his own bed

Zoo? I thought this was merely a pet store.

Zoo? I thought this was merely a pet store.

Original news reports called it an "urban zoo". More recent reports describe it as a retail facility for reptiles with the owner living in an apartment on the second floor of the building.

Except I thought we established that the snake was in the same ROOM with the boys. Did we not establish that?

Most reports earlier stated that the snake's enclosure was in a separate room from the living room where the boys were sleeping, and that the snake exited through (allegedly) a hole in the top of its enclosure where a fan had been removed; from there it went into the ceiling/ventilation system. Its weight broke the ventilation pipes (they are usually of fairly thin aluminum-type sheeting -- at least mine are) and it broke some plaster when the ceiling gave way.

No report so far has stated whether the place the snake broke through was or was not directly over the mattress where the boys were sleeping.

This particular story from Global is really good, they get into more detail about the 24 page police report. Check out the video that is in there, the reporter talks about the positions of the boys. They were still on the mattress, which I think is very suspicious and frankly points more to it not being the work of a snake. Watch videos on youtube showing pythons eating animals like mice and rabbits, and you'll see why the boys should not still have been on their mattress if the python killed them.

http://globalnews.ca/news/796203/up...potential-charges-after-deadly-python-attack/

This particular story from Global is really good, they get into more detail about the 24 page police report. Check out the video that is in there, the reporter talks about the positions of the boys. They were still on the mattress, which I think is very suspicious and frankly points more to it not being the work of a snake. Watch videos on youtube showing pythons eating animals like mice and rabbits, and you'll see why the boys should not still have been on their mattress if the python killed them.

http://globalnews.ca/news/796203/up...potential-charges-after-deadly-python-attack/

From the article;

...“They’re dead, man. The two kids are dead,” Savoie allegedly told police in French.

A third child, Savoie’s son, was still in the apartment along with the python. Savoie told police when he tried to remove the snake himself it had been very aggressive toward him, which was not its normal behaviour. He said he lost track of the snake when he left the apartment....

Why did he leave his kid in the place alone?

"A third child, Savoie’s son, was still in the apartment along with the python. "

While Savoie is pacing up and down outside with blood on his shorts and hands, saying: "The two kids are dead."

Anyways. So the enclosure -was- in an adjoining room. I'm glad the police are considering negligent homicide charges.

Still wondering what the autopsy revealed. aside from the preliminary finding of asphyxia..

From another report:

"These snakes are ambush hunters and will sit silently for extended periods of time waiting for prey to cross their path as opposed to actively seeking prey as this snake appears to have done.

*snip*

“When they grab and asphyxiate an animal by squeezing it as hard as they can, that’s not a self-defense action, that’s a feeding response,” [Paul] Goulet said in a telephone interview. “For self-defense, a snake will bite and let go, bite and let go, bite and let go – and I mean bite and immediately let go.”

http://www.arbitragemagazine.com/current-events/snake-kills-two-brothers-in-peculiar-attack/

"A third child, Savoie’s son, was still in the apartment along with the python. "

While Savoie is pacing up and down outside with blood on his shorts and hands, saying: "The two kids are dead."

Anyways. So the enclosure -was- in an adjoining room. I'm glad the police are considering negligent homicide charges.

Still wondering what the autopsy revealed. aside from the preliminary finding of asphyxia..

Makes my hinky meter light up. JMO

I can't link to the source now, but earlier police reports stated that Savoie's son was asleep in his own room in a different section of the building. It's a three-storey building -- I inferred that Savoie and his son had bedrooms upstairs (might be wrong about that) but the source did say it was a different part of the building which helps explain why if there were any sounds they went unheard.

I can't link to the source now, but earlier police reports stated that Savoie's son was asleep in his own room in a different section of the building. It's a three-storey building -- I inferred that Savoie and his son had bedrooms upstairs (might be wrong about that) but the source did say it was a different part of the building which helps explain why if there were any sounds they went unheard.

The only story I've heard was that the son was with the boys, and at some point during the night, he went to sleep with his father.

Interestingly, we haven't heard anything about whether the police talked to the son to see if the father's story and the son's story matched.

From the article;

...“They’re dead, man. The two kids are dead,” Savoie allegedly told police in French.

A third child, Savoie’s son, was still in the apartment along with the python. Savoie told police when he tried to remove the snake himself it had been very aggressive toward him, which was not its normal behaviour. He said he lost track of the snake when he left the apartment....

Other stories said that he found the boys, then realized the snake was loose, trapped it, and then put it into the case. I'm not sure if that's when he called police, or if he called the police before trapping the snake. The new report completely changes that, especially the part about him being outside when police arrived, which he never mentioned in that phone interview he did with Global. He just said he trapped it right after realizing what happened.

From the article;

Good question Steely. What sane person would leave their own child alone in a building with a snake that had just killed two other children? Nobody would it makes no sense you would grab your own child and get out of the building asap and wait for the police to arrive. I sincerely hope reckless homicide charges are coming to this guy and a wrongful death suit.

I hope the truth comes out about what exactly happened and lessons are learned.

Snakes scare the life out of me and nobody should have ones that can kill in or near their home they belong in the zoo or the wild. It's not fair on the snakes being held captive in a cage. I hope the two boys rest in peace and he is held accountable for their deaths.

Good question Steely. What sane person would leave their own child alone in a building with a snake that had just killed two other children? Nobody would it makes no sense you would grab your own child and get out of the building asap and wait for the police to arrive. I sincerely hope reckless homicide charges are coming to this guy and a wrongful death suit.

Its a snake, snakes have simple behavior, it was having a good time, but then the vent collapsed, scared snake, very defensive- children move snake reacts-scared snake it goes hide. Snake is going to be totally pissy if you try to forcibly remove it from its hiding place-snake is not going to move. The man knows the snake will not move, and the childs bedroom probably has a door.

because you do not like or fear snakes - does not make them a danger- it was a freak set of circumstances -an accident.

bears and dogs scary, horses and snakes accidental......jmo moo

?? what am i doing that a don't get the blue quote thing-i click on the quote button?

?? what am i doing that a don't get the blue quote thing-i click on the quote button?

Checking to see if it works for me.

Are you clicking "quote" or the the smaller button next to it (multiquote) with just the quote marks?

Did you snip the comment and accidentally take out the [ / Q U O T E ] section of the comment you were quoting? That's how it looks when I read your post.

Okie dokie, gonna Submit Reply and see if the quote thingie is working for me. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayana2cool4school
Back