Found Deceased Canada - Dr Elana Fric, 40, Toronto, 30 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

So glad that he was charged with 1st degree. This was my friend - she deserves justice as does her family. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mara,

Have you heard any further information on this case? I recently drove by the area where her body was found and it made me terribly sad.

For some reason this case haunts me, and I worry every day how her children are doing. I want to wrap them in my arms and let them know that their mother is watching them as they grow up and everything will be ok. I sincerely hope that they will grow up to be well adjusted and can move on from such a terrible tragedy.

Jury selection set to start in trial of doctor charged in wife’s murder
April 1 2019
"Jury selection is expected to start today in the trial of a Toronto neurosurgeon accused of murdering his physician wife.

Dr. Mohammed Shamji was arrested in December 2016, a day after the body of his wife, Dr. Elana Fric-Shamji, was discovered in a suitcase in a wooded area in Vaughan.

Police have said they believe Fric-Shamji was murdered at her home sometime between Nov. 30 and Dec. 1."

Mohammed Shamji is seen in a court sketch of his bail hearing in Toronto on Aug. 24, 2017. (John Mantha)

Mohammed Shamji, 40, and Elana Fric Shamji, shown in an undated photo.

I thought the trial was starting today but CP 24 is reporting the choosing of the jury starts today.

Wont be long until the trial.

He is due in court today, about 9:30.

Reports on CP24 indicate a 'big' announcement from the courtroom.

Will he plead guilty??

I bet he pleads to second degree murder with hopes of 'early' parole.

IMO, he should be in prison for the rest of his life.

Good riddance to this trash. Had the nerve to point the finger at Elena and say she was having a relationship with another man. RIP, Elena. So many will remember your legacy.

It drives me crazy and i am not sure why, but the hair hacking on top of everything else inflicted on Dr Elana Fric, seems like such a pathetic, cowardly and sissy act.
Will the accused get his hair cut in prison, or will he be allowed to grow it as long and flowing as he might like it to be? speculation, imo.
Re post
Right decision to deny accused wife killer bail
Aug 31 2017
"A harrowing description in a Toronto Life article described Fric being barefoot and clad in pyjamas, her hair hacked off and her face so swollen that her mother couldn’t recognize her."

He broke her neck, broke her ribs and strangled her. Also pummelled her into such a mess, she couldn't be identified easily. Then, he cut off her hair.

Sometimes, I think we need to bring back capital punishment. Hang that guy!

I wish the newscasters would stop referring to him as a neurosurgeon, he has no standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons. He USED TO BE a surgeon.

I agree, stop using his professional title, when that’s not what he is anymore. He’s just a murderer. I feel for the oldest daughter, who likely witnessed part of the killing. She will have nightmares for life. I hope these 3 children can rise from such brutality they obviously experienced throughout their life, and learn a good life from their grandparents.
It is so sad that Elena felt she had to continue living in an abusive (escalating) relationship. She had a lot of pride and didn’t want to let go of the life she worked so hard to build. I can relate to her struggle.

Rest in Peace, good Doctor.
Remembering the life of Elana FRIC 1976 - 2016
FRIC, Dr. Elana C., M.D., CCFP, MPP
August 17, 1976 - December 1, 2016
With heavy and broken hearts, we announce the tragic passing of our beloved Elana, on December 1, 2016 at the age of 40. Elana is the loving and devoted mother to her precious children, Yasmin, Faiza and Marius. She is the cherished daughter of Josip and Ana Fric. Treasured sister and best friend to Carolin Lekic and husband Slavko. Adored niece to Ana Ramuscak and husband Marijan, Tony Dolinar and family of Croatia and late Drago Dolinar and surviving wife Pepica and family. Elana was born in Windsor and raised in the town of Tecumseh where she attended St. Peter Elementary and St. Anne High School. She pursued her post secondary studies at the University of Ottawa graduating with a Doctorate of Medicine in 2003 and completed her Family Medicine Residency in 2006. Elana continued her post secondary studies at the Sanford School of Public Policy at Duke University in 2008, where she graduated with a Masters Degree in Public Policy with a distinction in Family Medicine and Health Policy. In 2013, her hard work and steadfast determination enabled Elana to achieve the status of Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Toronto, where she became a mentor to many students. In 2015, her career aspirations became fulfilled as a family physician at Scarborough Hospital, Scarborough, ON., where she was highly respected by her colleagues and patients. Elana was a member of the Ontario Medical Association (O.M.A.) where she held a position on the Health Policy Committee. As a bright and inspiring leader, Elana was very active and instrumental in many efforts to improve and make a difference in our healthcare system. Elana will be forever remembered as a gifted doctor, colleague, healthcare advocate, teacher, runner and trusted friend, but most importantly she will be remembered for being the very proud mother to her three beautiful children. A heartfelt and sincere thank you to the Toronto Police Department (32 Division) and Victim Services of Toronto for their compassion and professionalism, the Physicians and staff at Scarborough and Rouge Hospital for their kind words and financial support, the entire community at the children's school; teachers, children, parents and staff, the Children's Aid Society for their work to help the children as they attempt to cope with this tragic loss of their mother, the Ontario Medical Association, including Elana's colleagues in District 11 where she worked, for their support, arranging emergency financial assistance and establishing a trust fund for Elana's three young children, and the University of Windsor (History and Philosophy Departments). Finally, we send our many thanks to those who have honoured Elana's memory by donating to Shelter Movers of Toronto and the Canadian Centre for Immigrant and Refugee Health Care; Elena was passionate about global health and equitable care for vulnerable populations, including women and refugees. We are forever grateful to our family, friends, and the community for their compassion, support, many acts of kindness and assistance during this difficult time. Rest in peace our sweet Angel, for you are now welcomed into God's Kingdom, where there is no more pain or suffering, but eternal happiness. We don't say good-bye to you, Elana, but only so long... until we meet again.

LIve w
I don't get it either.....it seems like all these cases are so similar anymore. You file for divorce then end up dead. I guess life isn't considered precious anymore. I'll never understand it either.

I wish I could tell you there was a time in history where life was considered precious. Anyone who studies history can tell you that’s absolutely, absolutely and without question or exception, not the case.

Anyone who tells you there was such a time? Is trying to con you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009
Back