Description:
  • Date of Birth: circa 1969
  • Race: White/Caucasian
  • Height: 167cm / 5 ft 6 in
  • Weight: 61kg / 134lb
  • Hair Color: Brown
  • Eye Color: Greenish-blue
  • Nickname/Alias: Unknown
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: Wears eyeglasses. Ears pierced.
  • Clothing & Personal Items: Red square-shaped eyeglasses. Black toque hat. Black North Face brand coat. Sport pants. Grey and blue Merrell brand walking shoes. Small hoop earrings.
  • Identifiers: Unknown
Circumstances of Disappearance:
Martineau disappeared from Saguenay, Québec on April 12, 2017. She was last seen leaving her residence in the Jonquière area at approximately 9:00 pm. She has never been seen or heard from since. Officials believe she met with foul play but her whereabouts remain unknown. Martineau's husband is considered a suspect in her case, although no charges have been brought against him.

Investigators:
  • Capitale-Nationale-Chaudière-Appalache SQ: Sûreté du Québec 1-800-569-4264
    Reference Case#: SAG-170412-028
Canada's Missing | Case details
Disparition d’Hélène Martineau: la conscience de l’assassin
SQ opens new command post in year-long search for missing woman

Sorry for the double-posting.

More information:
-Michel Larouche has no alibi.
-Michel Larouche failed a polygraph on May 25th 2017.
-A few days before Helene went missing, Michel Larouche was hospitalized at the psychiatry department of the Chicoutimi hospital. He allegedly talked about being afraid his wife left him.
-Michel Larouche called the cops about Helene being missing before he even went to their home.
-Her cellphone, wallet and keys were still at her home
-Her life revolved around her children and she never would have left them behind. Her psychiatrist said she was not at risk of suicide.
-She was talking about visiting her sister in Alberta.
-Michel Larouche owns 2 properties: 1726 rue Montgomery, and an unknown summer house at the Lac Kenogami. Police searched both. A RV and a camping tent were seized at the summer house, although they were deeply buried in snow at the time of the murder.
-As a neighbor, the Montgomery property is right next to a wooded area.

-The couple had separated a few days before and Michel Larouche slept at his parents' house, in the Saint-Mathias neighborhood (a 15 minute walk from their home on Montgomery) although no one can prove it since his parents were not there. This marked the first time in 27 years that Michel Larouche did not sleep at his house... something isn't right here.
-Michel Larouche has directed police and media to research the "sentiers du Manoir" area multiple times. Because he knows that's not where she is. I do not believe Helene Martineau is there, since there's people walking these paths almost 24/7. It would be very hard to hide a body there especially in day time. Especially in winter. Dogs searched the area. Swimmers searched the area.
-Michel Larouche wiped all social media for both him and his wife.

Timeline of the 12th of April 2017 based off hours of video and around 20 articles:
-8:50am, her sister asked her if she was still coming to visit. Within minutes, she replied that she was going to talk to Michel Larouche about it.
-9:45am, she has breakfast with her daughter
-Time Unknown: Hélène goes to her workplace and leaves a doctor's note to prolong her medical leave.
-11:30am: She goes to Place du Royaume to return a piece of clothing for her daughter. All in all, she did a 45 minute car ride with 2 stops.
-12:15pm: Her immediate neighbor confirms she came back to her house (1726 rue Montgomery) as he parked at the same time as her.
-12:25pm: Michel "thinks" that Hélène went to meet him at his parents' home, by foot. But he (allegedly) never saw her there. This makes no sense as well as she most likely wouldn't have left without her bag. IF she did go and meet him, she would have arrived at 13:00pm.
-12:30pm: Michel Larouche left his parents' house (by foot, allegedly), to go swimming at the Foyer des Loisirs.
-12:45pm: She did not reply to her sister's text message, which asked "Are you okay?". Considering she usually replies quickly, we can probably establish she got murdered around that time.
-13:15pm: Michel Larouche leaves the pool (allegedly) and heads to the Pizzeria Davis.
-14:15pm: Michel Larouche pays his lunch at Pizzeria Davis and goes to the Jean Coutu drugstore in the same building.
-14:45pm: Michel Larouche pays his bill and leaves the drugstore.
-15:00pm to 17:45pm: No one knows where Michel Larouche is. Michel (allegedly) went back to his parents' place.
-Time Unknown: One of her daughters first notices Hélène is missing, as she's not home for dinner but her personal things (keys, wallet, cellphone, etc.) are still there.
-18:00pm: Michel Larouche attends a musical event where his daughter is performing.
-21:00pm: Michel Larouche calls the local police to declare his wife missing.

1672447517792.png

Map of Hélène Martineau's itinerary that day.

My guess: He took his car to go to the pool but before going to the pool, he went to the Montgomery house and killed Helene. He then put her in the box of his pickup truck. He went through his day, trying to get alibis with receipts and whatnot. Then used the 3 hour gap to dispose of the body and clean his truck. Where is the body? I have no idea. He is a physics teacher so he knows chemistry. There were barrels on his property. Could he have dissolved the body? Buried it (unlikely in April, probably)? Or is it really down the river? Hard to know.

Last edited:
Going off my theory that there's no way she would have been killed/transported in the "Manoir du Saguenay" paths since there's too many people passing by, I've had the idea of mapping all sites that the killer could have driven from in an hour and a half. Considering there's 3 hours where Michel Larouche had no alibi. Keep in mind he would have had to drive back and forth so it's unlikely she'd be located at one of the furthest points.

1672711043167.png
Link: https://www.smappen.com/app/map/5mdii

New things I learned: Michel Larouche had a pickup truck.

The perpretator is my neighbor and works at my school still. Is there anything I should look out for?
Do you speak French? Is Michel Larouche still your neighbor? Do you know his whereabouts?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back