CANADA Canada - Jon Michael Riley, 47, Meaford ON, 26, Apr 2013

Apr 14, 2022
This is tough to watch emotionally. I can't imagine what Jon has gone through in his life and I can't imagine what his sister has been going through for so many years. Jaye has been such an inspirational champion for her brother.

Last edited:
I’m hoping to find someone who can help me look through year books in Toronto. They’re at the Toronto Reference Library in downtown Toronto on Young St. pls delete if this is against the rules

1682867996223.png
April 30 2023
1682867696905.png
Judi Riley poses with a framed photo of her brother Jon Riley who went missing 10 years ago on April 26, 2013, after leaving a note at his mother's home in Meaford saying he was heading to Toronto. Facebook photo

''Ten years ago, Jon Riley, 46, left a note for his mother at their Meaford home saying he was heading to Toronto for a couple of days. He hasn’t been seen or heard from since.

On the 10-year anniversary of his disappearance, his younger sister Judi spoke from her home in Hawaii about her “epic” big brother and the apathy that followed his disappearance until the case of a Toronto serial killer shined a light on the handling of missing person files.

“I’ve been working now for 10 years trying to make changes on how things are handled in Canada, but there is a long way to go,” Judi Riley said. “It’s hard to imagine it’s been 10 years. For the family of the missing, it’s like it just happened. It never goes away.''

''Riley said her brother lived with their mother in Toronto until 2012 when their mother retired to the family’s summer home in Meaford. There, Jon worked with computers but would often travel to the city and pick up temporary painting and landscaping jobs.''

Riley said she told Epstein about the challenges she faced navigating and submitting her brother’s information to missing-persons databases, having her DNA collected to be used in her brother’s case and with police protocols, or a perceived lack thereof.

“My story is not unique,” she said. “I’ve looked under every possible rock in my brother’s case, but I still have this energy inside of me to continue searching. So I try to help other families and I try to advocate for change.”
''Anyone with any information is asked to call the OPP non-emergency line at 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).''

Amazing to me that a journalist has the courage to discuss the court cases my missing brother was pursuing at the time of his disappearance. They have assembled a solid podcast episode that discusses the timeline of Jon Riley’s disappearance. I am grateful that his story is still being told. ‎True North True Crime: Help Find: Jon Riley on Apple Podcasts

By Sara Carson April 26, 2023
1695928468656.png
'Riley went missing at 46 years old on April 26, 2013. On that day, he left a handwritten note for his mother, saying he was going to Toronto for a few days. He did not return to his Meaford home.'

''Before his disappearance, Riley had spent time in Ottawa and Toronto. He enjoyed hiking in the Bruce Trail area and often carried a green backpack. Investigators ask that anyone who has hiked the area contact police if they recall seeing a backpack.
Riley is described as five feet nine inches (175 centimetres) tall, weighing approximately 220 pounds, with short brown/grey hair and brown eyes.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back