Found Deceased Canada - Joshua Bennett, 31, was bowling with friends, Langford, BC, 9 Mar 2019

Well then has it ever been reported what kind of mood he was in that night? Or if he’s been depressed? Would he want to disappear intentionally (run off) or perhaps want to harm himself? I’m speculating only of course. However it is usually part of the equation. As is foul play and accident. IMO

I expect we'll never know the answer to this question. I cannot remember which article I read it in, but it was said that he got up and went to the bathroom while at the bowling alley and then simply vanished. It was reported in MSM.

The image posted from Cascadia Liquor store in the same MSM news articles doesn't really tell you much about a person's state of mind. My opinion is that he appeared normal, and simply bought "something" and left. The image didn't seem to imply 'in a hurry' or 'emotionally distressed' or anything like that at all. I don't even know this fellow, but perhaps his friends or family may know better. Nowhere was it disclosed what was purchased at the locations he attended that night either. I would assume the RCMP have his accounts flagged for activity, but since they are concerned as well his accounts might not have been used.

I expect we'll never know the answer to this question. I cannot remember which article I read it in, but it was said that he got up and went to the bathroom while at the bowling alley and then simply vanished. It was reported in MSM.

The image posted from Cascadia Liquor store in the same MSM news articles doesn't really tell you much about a person's state of mind. My opinion is that he appeared normal, and simply bought "something" and left. The image didn't seem to imply 'in a hurry' or 'emotionally distressed' or anything like that at all. I don't even know this fellow, but perhaps his friends or family may know better. Nowhere was it disclosed what was purchased at the locations he attended that night either. I would assume the RCMP have his accounts flagged for activity, but since they are concerned as well his accounts might not have been used.
That makes a big difference. I thought he was just walking home after a night out with friends. If he did indeed not return from the men’s room, what does that point to, if anything. He had enough for the evening? I mean, if someone wants to disappear, why pick a night when you have an outing with friends? Except to make it more dramatic or obvious. No waiting several days to notice he’s missing. Or maybe he was pissed he didn’t bowl so well. Who knows? IMO

Last edited:
Langford man vanishes, worried family ‘stumped’

“We’re just stumped — we don’t understand where Josh could be,” she said.

But West Shore RCMP spokeswoman Const. Nancy Saggar said police have no evidence to suggest foul play is involved in the disappearance.

Bennett was last seen on surveillance video walking in the industrial area near Langford Lanes shortly after 9:30 p.m. on March 9. He had been bowling with friends and told his girlfriend he would call a cab to take him to their friend’s house on Sooke Road at Ronald Road near the Luxton fairgrounds, according to his uncle Clayton Leachman.

The last call on Bennett’s cellphone was to a cab company, but instead of waiting for a cab, family members believe he started to walk. Investigators have not been able to check the phone’s GPS co-ordinates because it has been turned off since about 9:40 that night.

Police have checked surveillance video of businesses in the area but have not spotted Bennett.

West Shore RCMP and the Langford Fire Department have used drones, divers in Glen Lake, canine teams and search and rescue volunteers to scour the area. On Saturday, about 100 people searched the area around Langford Lanes, but no clues turned up.

Earlier on March 9, Bennett was seen on surveillance video leaving the Cascadia Liquor store on Langford Parkway. He was wearing blue Levi’s jeans, black shoes and an olive-green Volcom jacket. Bennett is about six feet tall and 160 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.

Bennett’s family does not believe he would have harmed himself and he did not have mental-health issues, Leachman said.

Bennett worked as a carpenter and recently sold his first home after fixing it up.

“Either someone took advantage of him or he got himself in trouble,” Leachman said. “If people knew he had money in the bank, you’re a target.”

The family is offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to Bennett being found.

Anyone with information about Bennett is asked to call 911 immediately.

Both Paterson and Pelly said they are not sure what direction Bennett was headed in but assumed he would be going past Belmont Secondary School and towards Glen Lake Road and Sooke Road where his friends live. Snipped from above article and BBM.

I hope LE have interviewed Joshua's friends in the Glen Lake Road area to see if Joshua actually visited them if he did what transpired during the visit and did Joshua provide any clues as to where he was heading next. I have not seen any articles as to where Joshua's residence is in relation to his last known locations. Its possible that Joshua returned to his home that night and went out again. The above article also states that Joshua recently sold his home so did he temporarily move in with family or friends or did he move into a home of his own and did he have roommates that might provide any insights as to where he might be.

I assume his ATM card has not been used? So wondering why it would matter if people knew he money in the bank?

I assume his ATM card has not been used? So wondering why it would matter if people knew he money in the bank?

Good question. I am not familiar with Canadian laws in regards to missing person cases but does LE have to get a search warrant from a judge to retrieve a persons financial records from a financial institution and if so what is the length of time to get one approved and has it been done in Joshua's investigation. I have the same question in regards to Joshua's cell phone activity.

Good question. I am not familiar with Canadian laws in regards to missing person cases but does LE have to get a search warrant from a judge to retrieve a persons financial records from a financial institution and if so what is the length of time to get one approved and has it been done in Joshua's investigation. I have the same question in regards to Joshua's cell phone activity.
Sad the latest report says his family is asking the same questions but not getting answers...must be frustrating beyond words...

sigh...another man dead in water

Thoughts to his family
We talked about the water here nearby in the beginning of this thread. When it's present in the area, it's always something to consider because of the pattern of young men, leaving some sort or bar or club (bowling alley in this case), and disappearing. Sad.

We talked about the water here nearby in the beginning of this thread. When it's present in the area, it's always something to consider because of the pattern of young men, leaving some sort or bar or club (bowling alley in this case), and disappearing. Sad.

Yes, we always want it to have a surprise ending, but ending up in water is never a surprise :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiseThread07
Back