GUILTY Canada - Kelsey Felker, 24, found dismembered, Kitchener, Ont, 26 Jan 2013

image.jpeg

From ctvnews.ca - Picture of the garbage bin

d_si-220-vampire-tshirt.jpg

From cbc.ca - Picture of the t-shirt found with/on the torso

Police would not say how long the torso had been in the dumpster, but the Region of Waterloo website indicated garbage pickup would have been on Friday, a day before the torso was discovered.
People who live in the neighbourhood said they are shocked and disturbed by the grisly discovery.
“How am I going to close my eyes at night knowing that this happened across the street from me,” said one resident.
A resident of the apartment building, Matt Deoniziak, said at least 50 per cent of the people in the building are retired and older.
“It’s a quiet building,” he said.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/human-torso-found-in-kitchener-ont-garbage-bin-1.1131572#ixzz2JE8oqvnh

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/news/story/2013/01/27/kitchener-woman-torso-discovered.html

Prior dismemberment cases in Canada

In the past six months, police in southern Ontario have encountered at least two other cases involving dismembered bodies.

Police found parts of a missing woman's body in Toronto and in Peel Region last summer. The victim’s former boyfriend was later charged with second-degree murder.

That same month, another woman's torso was found at the bottom of Niagara Falls. Police later identified the deceased as a missing mother from New York state.

Both of those cases followed another high-profile dismemberment investigation in Canada that occurred in the spring of last year, in which a Chinese exchange student was slain in Montreal and pieces of his body sent through the mail.

A Canadian suspect, Luka Rocca Magnotta, was arrested in Germany last year, brought back to Quebec and charged with the first-degree murder of Jun Lin.

I don't see where it says what a torso encompasses anywhere. It is the stomach and genitals?

Jeez this is freaky! I lived in Kitchener/Waterloo for school, and I'm sure I've driven past that apartment building.
The shirt reminds me of something that Wal-marts up here would sell, but I've never seen it before.

Jeez this is freaky! I lived in Kitchener/Waterloo for school, and I'm sure I've driven past that apartment building.
The shirt reminds me of something that Wal-marts up here would sell, but I've never seen it before.

The shirt is referencing "Twilight" you can purchase them online.

I just recently joined Websleuths and this is my first post. Not sure if anyone here is a Kitchener local, but I live a couple of blocks from Frederick & Gordon where the torso was found. I'll help with the discussion in any way I can. This discovery has made me feel quite unsafe in a neighbourhood I have lived in for 6 years - a community I am happy to be a part of and the place my husband and I chose to raise our young children in. It's frightening for something like this to have happened.

Welcome Catchew. Sorry this one is so close :seeya:

Hi Catchew! What's around that area? I went in street view but didn't see much. Maybe someone was just driving around trying to dump off parts at different locations in the city in the hopes of not being caught on a video camera. I wonder if there would be any cameras at the building next door or the highrise where the torso was found. Is it true that 250 Frederick is mainly a building with older residents or is that the building next to it?

I just recently joined Websleuths and this is my first post. Not sure if anyone here is a Kitchener local, but I live a couple of blocks from Frederick & Gordon where the torso was found. I'll help with the discussion in any way I can. This discovery has made me feel quite unsafe in a neighbourhood I have lived in for 6 years - a community I am happy to be a part of and the place my husband and I chose to raise our young children in. It's frightening for something like this to have happened.

Hi Catchew! I'm fairly recent here, too. My daughter lives near Frederick and Duke, so needless to say :what: this news bulletin was shocking and terrifying.:eek:

Not what you'd expect in a rather staid block of Frederick, in any case. I sure understand what you mean when you say this has caused you to feel unsafe. Hope WRPS gets their perp SOON!

Yeah, I gathered that - I was just thinking that Wal-mart sells licensed stuff like that too.

Hi Catchew! What's around that area? I went in street view but didn't see much. Maybe someone was just driving around trying to dump off parts at different locations in the city in the hopes of not being caught on a video camera. I wonder if there would be any cameras at the building next door or the highrise where the torso was found. Is it true that 250 Frederick is mainly a building with older residents or is that the building next to it?

Hi Matou! Frederick Street is a well-traveled street in Kitchener - I would consider it a main street. It runs right into the downtown core if you travel in a southwesterly direction from Gordon (on a map, downtown would be around the Frederick & King intersection, extending mostly West from there, with King being the main downtown street).
Close to the building at 250 Frederick would be some small law offices (houses converted into offices), and not far from there is a courthouse (Frederick & Lancaster), and a police station near Frederick & Weber. The side streets directly around Gordon, and side streets on the opposite side of Frederick are residential homes and small apartments (low-rise).
I am actually surprised that someone would choose to dump a body in that location. IMO, they would run a high risk of someone passing by either by car or on foot.
I'm not sure if there would be any cameras close to the dumpster, but with the courthouse and police station not being far, I would imagine there may be cameras set up somewhere along Frederick. This is MOO, though.
My husband and I drove past the location this afternoon and the area taped off by police was at the side of the building, facing Gordon.
I can't say for sure if the building consists of mostly older residents, but I would say the Frederick community we live in is a combination of residents, and that includes many elderly residents, as well as new families.
I am signing off now, but will check in tomorrow and can hopefully provide some more insight. Hopefully some of what I wrote makes sense! With 2 young children, I don't always make much sense by this time at night!

Hi Catchew! I'm fairly recent here, too. My daughter lives near Frederick and Duke, so needless to say :what: this news bulletin was shocking and terrifying.:eek:

Not what you'd expect in a rather staid block of Frederick, in any case. I sure understand what you mean when you say this has caused you to feel unsafe. Hope WRPS gets their perp SOON!

Thanks LeftCoaster! I'm sure as a mom this news was terrifying considering your daughter's proximity! I, too, hope they catch the perp(s) quickly.

Welcome to Websleuths, Catchew, and thanks for the insight into the neighborhood.

In the article matou linked to, it was stated that garbage pickup for that apartment building was Friday, one day before the torso was found. So presumably the bin was fairly empty when the perp put the remains inside, which suggests he wasn't familiar with the trash pickup schedule.

I'm not trying to think like a murderer here, but if you were trying to hide a body, why would you put it in a nearly empty bin, thus giving it nearly a week to be discovered by aluminum can scavengers, dumpster divers and apartment dwellers putting their trash in the bin? Just my two cents but it doesn't sound like he cared if the remains were discovered or not.

Thanks tara !! Sorry, I totally missed that the year was off.

Don't be sillybilly :giggle: no need to apologize.

I wouldn't have noticed either but ended up in her thread...

Being she is from Cambridge, is it silly for me to believe she could have still been in the area and alive even --- after all this time ???

Also, I think the shirt could be something Trisha might wear...fwiw...but who am i ???

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back