GUILTY Canada - Kienan Hebert, 3, Sparwood BC, 7 Sept 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the off chance that the child had wandered and was on his own in the area and tried to return, they felt he would have been scared off if there were sirens and a lot of big vehicles, media trucks, flashing strobes, etc.

I also believe that the home phone was taken over and rerouted to a LE line in the event that the suspect did try to call the family. There was likely remote surveillance as well.

At some point early yesterday evening, two of the largest Facebook groups were requested to remove any comments which the suspect might perceive as threatening to his safety. LE wanted to make it abundantly clear to the suspect that should he chose to return Kienan, it was safe to do so (he would not be tarred, feather, drawn, and quartered,etc.)

I do not believe the parents had an active role in this child's disappearance. For those who commented about the father's demeanor, there is a reason behind that. He is well versed in dealing with the public, both as a real estate agent and investor. He is likely accustomed to interacting with public officials and media. He did cry - openly and on more than one occasion as did his wife (Kienan's mother) TH. You could see the tears dripping from his chin.

We are all elated that Kienan is home and apparently physically/sexually unharmed. I am in no way minimizing the wrong which was committed or the harm done to this child, his family, and the community in general. But (and a big one at that)....

Randall Hopley's life was pretty much over the moment he was born. He was intellectually disabled, functionally illiterate, and very socially awkward. His mother put him in foster care but kept all of his siblings (how is that for rejection). He did at one time have a birthmark on his forehead near the hairline which was removed surgically, leaving him with obvious scarring on the right side of his face above his cheekbone and eyebrow. He has obviously dysmorphic facial features suggestive of some sort of congenital syndrome in addition to prenatal alcohol exposure.

Thank you so much especially for the info on Hopely. Part of me still wonders if he had a fantasy of having a friend all for himself, and socially awkward/loner would fit with that, unable to relate with adults well.

I also read a comment by his step father that he wanted nothing to do with Hopely when he was a child. geeze.

What he did was so wrong but I suspect the motives will be less nefarious than we thought at first. I mean more sad than criminal in motive. the act of course was very criminal.

Thank God for miracles. I've followed this story since the beginning and I'm elated this innocent little boy has been returned to his family. I wonder if the suspect returned him because he knew police where looking for him (RH). If the suspects name was never mentioned, I wonder if he felt he could keep this little guy for himself, and just disappear into another community to maybe raise him as his own. Possibly RH heard reports over radio and knew it was only a matter of time RCMP would find him and Kienan. I just hope now the RCMP find RH and deal with him accordingly so people can breath a sigh of relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member