Found Deceased Canada- Kole May-Cyre, 19, had been staying at emergency shelters in Nanaimo, BC, last seen 25 December 2023

dotr

Reaction score

Missing person: 19-year old Kole May-Cyre​

Nanaimo, Missing Person

2024-01-10 15:25 PST
''File # 2024-938
Missing person 19-year old Kole May-Cyre

The Nanaimo RCMP is asking for the public’s assistance in locating 19-year-old Kole May-Cyre who has not been seen since Christmas Day 2023. Kole was reported missing to the Nanaimo RCMP on January 9, 2024. At that time, Kole was houseless and had been staying at emergency shelters in Nanaimo. Investigators are following up on information that he may have made his way to Duncan. However, this cannot be verified.

Kole May-Cyre is a Caucasian man, 5 foot, 11 inches, 160 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing dark clothing and the picture provided is recent. If anyone has information on the whereabouts of Kole May-Cyre please call the Nanaimo RCMP non-emergency line at 250-754-2345.''

Tragic news

(...)
Over the weeks that followed, friends reported seeing him, but by Jan. 9 he was finally reported missing, according to a Nanaimo RCMP press release.

Three weeks later, the RCMP came to his house, says Craig.

“They explained that they had found Kole,” says Lindsay. “But he was dead.”

“He basically froze to death. Hypothermia,” adds Craig.

“I just dropped. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, but somehow I knew [he was dead]. I don’t know how I knew, but … it still bothers me to this day,” says Lindsay.

From what they were told by the RCMP and later by the coroner, Kole was found under a deck by a Telus worker on Jan. 22, at a residential property in downtown Nanaimo. There was no foul play suspected, and as there were drugs in his system and evidence of drug use around his body, the family was told that it was possibly a combination of hypothermia and drugs that caused his death.

(..)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back