Found Deceased Canada - Lachlan Cranswick, 41, Deep River near Ottawa ON, 18 Jan 2010 - #6

It is coming up to 10 years since Lachlan disappeared on 18 Jan 2010. What would he make of the world today a decade on?
Have also been wondering lately about what Lachlan would think of all the developments in the world today, wish he was still here, glad that you are!

Big news the other day was about a false alarm at the nuclear station..
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...pills-nuclear-power-plant-pickering-1.5426044
Jan 14 2020
''Tens of thousands of people have placed orders for free potassium iodide pills in the days following a false alert from the province about an incident at a nuclear plant in Pickering, Ont.

Sunday's alert, which was sent to mobile phones across Ontario, shocked those within a 10-kilometre radius of the Durham Region plant and even those living farther away.

About an hour after the 7:24 a.m. ET alert, Ontario Power Generation (OPG), the plant's operator, tweeted without explanation that the warning "was sent in error." The Ontario government also later acknowledged the mistake, blaming human error, and issued an apology.

Although the mistake left some people fuming, others stepped up their planning for a real emergency.

Between Sunday morning and Monday afternoon, 32,388 orders were placed for potassium iodide tablets through Durham Region's Prepare To Be Safe website, which is jointly managed by the City of Toronto and OPG.''

It is coming up to 10 years since Lachlan disappeared on 18 Jan 2010. What would he make of the world today a decade on?
I think he would have been keenly interested, nearly 13 years since his passing, in the announcement this week of a breakthrough in nuclear fusion. Plasmonic lasers use perovskite crystals.

Discussion in this thread included tritium, tokamak reactors, lasers and so much more. Did Lachlan Cranswick contribute in some way to the breakthrough in nuclear fusion?

RIP, Lachlan Cranswick.

I think he would have been keenly interested, nearly 13 years since his passing, in the announcement this week of a breakthrough in nuclear fusion. Plasmonic lasers use perovskite crystals.

Discussion in this thread included tritium, tokamak reactors, lasers and so much more. Did Lachlan Cranswick contribute in some way to the breakthrough in nuclear fusion?

RIP, Lachlan Cranswick.
Even after all this time i still think of Lachlan, thank you for posting!

Even after all this time i still think of Lachlan, thank you for posting!
Thank you for posting Lachlan's final resting place. I noticed this nearby historical site, and wonder if this is a place where his interest in science began as a child. Remember his mini steam engine? This seems perfect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back