Canada - Laura Babcock, 23, Toronto, 26 June 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture of Laura's Hasma neck chain as in her missing poster picture.

Attachments

• Laura Hasma and Hasma necklace.png
    Laura Hasma and Hasma necklace.png
    131 KB · Views: 102
Yes, I believe so. Articles I've read have indicated that. She also wore a necklace with a Jewish symbol. I believe her ex BF, who started the group on FB to find her, he was Jewish too.....for when I looked through his personal FB page, lots of indications he's Jewish. And I don't mean to offend anyone or come across as perpetuating any kind of stereotype but most Jewish folks prefer to date someone of their same Jewish faith, understandably so.

Thank you, didnt her ex boyfriend say he actually 'logged in' to her FB page and changed it to a page to find Laura ?? Pretty sure thats what I read...

This would mean that he had access to all her private messages I would assume ?

Didn't he say he believed DM and LB had a romantic liaison? Just trying to gather some updates here.

On the Millard / Bosma thread, it's been mentioned that LB resembles a model on a *advertiser censored* site who was photographed by Dellen Millard in 2005 at a Millard Air plane hangar. Her pseudonym on the *advertiser censored* site is "Josie". (I believe another poster will be posting comparisons photos here. EDIT: I see they have been posted.)

Having looked at the comparison head shots, I think it's the same person. If it is, and her age is listed correctly in this thread, she would have been under 18 when the photos were taken. I'm kind of torn on this--I won't be surprised if her photo shoot disappears from the site soon, but I can't well recommend anyone screenshot/save it, because if she was under 18 at the shoot, wouldn't possession of the images be illegal?

That *advertiser censored* site has been around a long time, it's a commercial venture, but I don't know how thoroughly they vet the models.

Edited to add: I mentioned in the other thread, but the reason I think it's the same person is not just the overall similarity, but other details like the part of the hair, the nasolabial folds (the lines from her nose under her cheeks), what looks to be similar eye color, etc.

Having known Laura, I can say that she is not the same person as Josie in that pic. There's no way.

Having known Laura, I can say that she is not the same person as Josie in that pic. There's no way.

Thanks for contributing. Having seen some of the other "Josie" pictures now (I hadn't when I posted before) I have to admit the resemblance isn't there except in the two similarly-posed head shots.

Still creepy to think that "Josie" crossed Dellen Millard's path so intimately.

Can you share any other details with us about Laura? Information is so thin on her. Did her actual family ever report her missing, or just the ex-bf?

Thank you, didnt her ex boyfriend say he actually 'logged in' to her FB page and changed it to a page to find Laura ?? Pretty sure thats what I read...

This would mean that he had access to all her private messages I would assume ?

Didn't he say he believed DM and LB had a romantic liaison? Just trying to gather some updates here.

He also said he confronted DM who admitted he'd been part of this flurry of phone calls and also admitted he'd been supplying LB with cocaine for months. Unnamed other friends also concur that LB had fallen in with a "bad crowd" since splitting with the bf 6 months earlier. Other persons close to her mention she was very depressed and had left her parents home shortly before her disappearance. There was a suggestion she'd had some experience as an exotic dancer and somebody else said she and friend were off to Las Vegas to find work. Somebody, (the old bf?) said she hadn't used her CCs, tapped into bank acct or been in touch with friends or family since the flurry of standalone calls to DM in July. Her family did not apparently consider it necessary to report her absence to LE. It should be noted there are probably lots of reasons one might choose to disappear, especially if deciding to take up a new life in LV and particularly if you wanted to finally ditch that old BF who has even been keeping track of your phone calls. Just sayin'. (I haven't supplied links to all this info because each item has been previously noted on these threads.)

Personally I think SL has unintentionally made himself a POI in the LB case.

I find it unusual that an ex boyfriend would have access to banking info, phone records, facebook logins and other info that he's not supposed to have.

Also, if her sim card was in his ipad. Couldn't he easily have made the calls.

Thanks for contributing. Having seen some of the other "Josie" pictures now (I hadn't when I posted before) I have to admit the resemblance isn't there except in the two similarly-posed head shots.

Still creepy to think that "Josie" crossed Dellen Millard's path so intimately.

Can you share any other details with us about Laura? Information is so thin on her. Did her actual family ever report her missing, or just the ex-bf?

I'm not sure if her actual family reported her missing, but I think so. There's details about her I don't feel comfortable sharing, and a lot I don't know about her. I knew her mostly from 2008-2010 in university. We both studied Theatre, and were in several classes together and worked on various plays together. She was the costume designer for a play I directed in my final year. She was very whimsical and fun to be around, and she got along with everybody.

I'm not sure if her actual family reported her missing, but I think so. There's details about her I don't feel comfortable sharing, and a lot I don't know about her. I knew her mostly from 2008-2010 in university. We both studied Theatre, and were in several classes together and worked on various plays together. She was the costume designer for a play I directed in my final year. She was very whimsical and fun to be around, and she got along with everybody.

Am so glad you are here sharing information about Laura with us. Did Laura have any identification marks like tattoos or piercings that you know of?

Hi InsomniaK, we are happy you have joined WS. It's nice to see that Laura has great friends that care about her and are making an effort to bring her home. Please invite more of her friends to her thread, we welcome you all. As I know it may be difficult for you to share private information on your conversations with Laura, is there any information you can share about how unvolved with DM she was? Has Laura ever mentioned to you or any of her friends anything to be concerned about in regards to DM?

I'm a friend of Laura's from university and I can say that more than 800 people were alarmed when she went missing, as is indicated by the number of people in the facebook group that was created when she disappeared.

Laura and I had a conversation on facebook a month before she disappeared, and I even sent that to the police. Even though all the information in the conversation was vague at best, it painted a picture of something not quite right with the people Laura was telling me about. I wish I could go back and send the police that conversation before her disappearance.

I really hope the authorities get to the bottom of this.

Have you sent this information to LE more recently, or when she initially went missing?
May i suggest that you send them the info again, if it was indeed last year.

Am so glad you are here sharing information about Laura with us. Did Laura have any identification marks like tattoos or piercings that you know of?

No, I can't remember if she has any tattoos or other markings.

Hi InsomniaK, we are happy you have joined WS. It's nice to see that Laura has great friends that care about her and are making an effort to bring her home. Please invite more of her friends to her thread, we welcome you all. As I know it may be difficult for you to share private information on your conversations with Laura, is there any information you can share about how involved with DM she was? Has Laura ever mentioned to you or any of her friends anything to be concerned about in regards to DM?

I found out about this thread through the a posting on the FB page "Help us find Laura", and someone else already invited anyone to come join the discussion. I didn't have any contact with any of Laura's friends other than the students we went to school with. I learned Dellen Millard's name just yesterday when I found out about all of this.

However she did mention things to me in the FB conversation I had with her in May 2012 that I brought to the attention of the police shortly after the time her disappearance was reported by the police (July 26th). She did not name anyone specific in the conversation, and the details I would like to withhold.

I think you may be right, and I will contact Law Enforcement with the details of the conversation again.

This is very odd. Check out the ad for Propertyguys.com at the bottom of this page. Same phone number in LB's print out calls Lerner obtained from Rogers. That is DM's phone number. Did DM try his hand at real estate also? Any missing real estate people in that area? Did he steal an agent's phone? Was someone pretending to be DM? Strange.
This page also has the year 2012.

Brought over from previous thread, posted by HDMI post #344

check this
http://images.halinet.on.ca/OakvilleImages/Images/OI002369904pf_0012.pdf
the number starts with 647 ....

This is very odd. Check out the ad for Propertyguys.com at the bottom of this page. Same phone number in LB's print out calls Lerner obtained from Rogers. That is DM's phone number. Did DM try his hand at real estate also? Any missing real estate people in that area? Did he steal an agent's phone? Was someone pretending to be DM? Strange.
This page also has the year 2012.

Brought over from previous thread, posted by HDMI post #344

check this
http://images.halinet.on.ca/OakvilleImages/Images/OI002369904pf_0012.pdf
the number starts with 647 ....

This link is not working....can yoou copy and paste what you see/saw?

I find it unusual that an ex boyfriend would have access to banking info, phonebook logins and other info that he's not supposed to have.

I don't find this to be too unusual. On a personal note, in my relationship we are very close and have access to each other's personal accounts as well as personal bills under each others names, with bill statements arriving to our house that we both open. I think it just depends on how close a relationship you have with someone. Also if she had some personal or financial issues he may have wanted to help her out. IMO.

Laura Babcock thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9456400&posted=1#post9456400

I don't find this to be too unusual. On a personal note, in my relationship we are very close and have access to each other's personal accounts as well as personal bills under each others names, with bill statements arriving to our house that we both open. I think it just depends on how close a relationship you have with someone. Also if she had some personal or financial issues he may have wanted to help her out. IMO.

Laura Babcock thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9456400&posted=1#post9456400

Yes but apparently she was not in the relationship any more and was having a some kind of relationship with DM.

Which creates a jealousy motive for both killing LB and framing DM.

I am not at all making an accusation against SL with this line of thinking, I just like to see every question asked and answered, and hope LE is exploring this angle too.

I find it unusual that an ex boyfriend would have access to banking info, phone records, facebook logins and other info that he's not supposed to have.

if he was guilty, i doubt he'd be pursuing anything if it seemed like LE had forgotten all about it. the fact that DM lied to SL when they met up tells me that DM obviously was trying to distance himself from LB from the get go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid