Canada - Liana White, 29, Edmonton AB, 12 July 2005 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
newtv said:
yes the majority would vote against the DP because we have never rallied to have it changed-noone would ever run on that issue- why?? We have a strong social conscience..and there is no party hat can win in canada if it starts talking DP, abortion, or rescinding gay marriage..in fact I will predict anothe liberal majority because we do not want to be lead by reform party bibel thumpers- canada wont do that and u can hold me to thast..those who want it are in the minority and thats where they will stay- we are not going to go backward in time ...I wish you would realize we dont have a DP because we , (collective majority),dont agree with it in principle...otherwise someone would be forcing that vote.
...i know we're not supposed to debate on these forums..........but..........in response to you...

...the 'collective majority'? doesn't agree with the DP in principle?we have never been asked if we do or we don't.........the liberals are far too busy trying to bury the sponsorship scandal.........

..."reform party 'bibel' thumpers"..........??!!
...i won't even touch that...........back to the forum....lianna ......her life is over............her husband quite possibly ended it..........yes, i could inject the needle to him myself.

"
yes the majority would vote against the DP because we have never rallied to have it changed"............i would say it's about time we did....

poco said:
Be wary of baldheaded men - especially if your name starts with an L.....
Mr. Lakergirl! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
97l40o.jpg

Yikes. Actually my hubby is bald and my name is Lori and I live in Edmonton. I just wanted to post re the discussion of secomd degree murder charges-I am not sure but this is not written in stone-Det. Campeau said they were very early investigation and they have 150 pieces of evidence. I think they want to put this guy away, but they can't compromise the case. We will nevr have the death penalty here in Canada. I think they have done a n excellent job so far, letting Michael White think he is a hero, and letting him lead them to the body. I thought i would clear something up-he didn't leave his truck at the scene where he dumped her body north of the city limits. It was impounded from there-when he drove up to St. Albert (a bedroom community of Edmonton) for the search. The cops decided to take the truck right then and there when he was arrested hoping to find some clues. I think that charges may be upped to fist degree murder. For one thing, why didn't he have scratches on him if there was a vilent fight. He may have planned it and killed her after she fell asleep-she awoke and fought for her life, but didn't scratch him. I am sure he wanted her death to look like the work of the Edmonton serial killer who has been dumping bodies of prostitutes in rural areas outside Edmonton for a few years. Even the city councillor suggested this to be case-White must have thought he pulled it off then. Did anyone hear if he set her body on fire? Because I read that they couldn't tell if it was a man or woman at first. I think he planned this, espeically after the staged so-called abduction a few blocks from his home. I am a newbie by the way and an A&E crime show addict.

Hi Jan,

I also live here in Edmonton :)
And I am also an A&E crime show addict :)

Thanks for clearing up the truck info, That is exactly what I thought happened, however, there was some confusion on the board here about that.

Jan Melnyk said:
Yikes. Actually my hubby is bald and my name is Lori and I live in Edmonton. I just wanted to post re the discussion of secomd degree murder charges-I am not sure but this is not written in stone-Det. Campeau said they were very early investigation and they have 150 pieces of evidence. I think they want to put this guy away, but they can't compromise the case. We will nevr have the death penalty here in Canada. I think they have done a n excellent job so far, letting Michael White think he is a hero, and letting him lead them to the body. I thought i would clear something up-he didn't leave his truck at the scene where he dumped her body north of the city limits. It was impounded from there-when he drove up to St. Albert (a bedroom community of Edmonton) for the search. The cops decided to take the truck right then and there when he was arrested hoping to find some clues. I think that charges may be upped to fist degree murder. For one thing, why didn't he have scratches on him if there was a vilent fight. He may have planned it and killed her after she fell asleep-she awoke and fought for her life, but didn't scratch him. I am sure he wanted her death to look like the work of the Edmonton serial killer who has been dumping bodies of prostitutes in rural areas outside Edmonton for a few years. Even the city councillor suggested this to be case-White must have thought he pulled it off then. Did anyone hear if he set her body on fire? Because I read that they couldn't tell if it was a man or woman at first. I think he planned this, espeically after the staged so-called abduction a few blocks from his home. I am a newbie by the way and an A&E crime show addict.
ani-welcome7.gif
To WS
arg-bubbledoods-small.gif

I was wondering if any of the posters living in Edmonton, know how long the killing of these prostitutes has been going on. Does anybody think that MR. White had anything to do with these women being murdered?

blueclouds said:
Hi Karma --- Castledowns is a part of Edmonton - not a suburb...., has always been.

Nice to meet you. I live in Sherwood Park, about 5 or 10 minutes from Edmonton to the East. :D

Hey...Blueclouds...my brother, his wife and their four children live in Sherwood Park!

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. Sorry about my typos. I do know how to spell really, but I can't type at all!

L. Jan

Jan Melnyk said:
thanks for posting..I think u are right - the police want to make sure the charges he gets stick-they know for now that second degree murder will stick- if they can up it they will.
welcome and thx

Jan Melnyk said:
Thanks for the welcome, everyone. Sorry about my typos. I do know how to spell really, but I can't type at all!

L. Jan
I have the same problem- I am a hunt and peck typist and it shows- I cannot type to the pace of my own mind thinking so it becomes a mess with errors..anyhow, we generally know what folks mean and thats all that matters. I agree there will never be a DP in Canada..its not going to happen here.

added- not sure if Jan Mel.. is your real name but if so its not usually a great idea o use it on the net..just a thought.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion about the truck !!
I'm in Spruce Grove via Clareview ( Yikes !!) and Montreal ( southshore)

The thought of him being the serial killer had also crossed my mind, however, we can definately place him in Edmonton, from 1997 and onwards. It seems these farm field crimes have been going back further.

I think based on what they have after the murder, the 2nd degree will definately stick based on that evidence, but the results of further evidence as their picture gets clearer with a motive, it should goto first degree, imo.

DNA in the vehicles will not really prove much
and he somewhat tainted the crime scene where she was found with both himself and possibly the vehicle.

White had some issues with finances and stealing and for some reason, his accountable earnings were not satisfying his expenses. This points to sex,drugs and alcohol.
Maybe his wife either discovered this need or exploded over it and the cat was out of the bag and he snapped.
I imagine interviews with past fellow soldiers would be fruitfull with regards to his character and extra curicular activities. I feel if he was stealing from them, he would have been alienated to some degree.

karmarama said:
Packerdog,

Here is where you can find out about the sex trade workers murders here in Edmonton.

http://www.kare.ca/forum/

The thought of Micheal being involved has crossed my mind! I thought perhaps Liana told him she was going to report him, so he killed her. My hubby thinks my imagination is working over time, lol, but it did cross my mind.

Here is a new article from today.

http://www.canada.com/edmonton/edmontonjournal/news/cityplus/story.html?id=5bec67ca-b09d-41ab-a382-4c3dc4c013e5

Thank you so much karmarama for posting the article. My imagination works over time as well after reading these crime forums.

I had no idea I was posting with my real name. I thought I was coming on as Shadow. I thought I was just registering with my name. I think I may come back with another handle. Bye, all.

The thought crossed my mind about him being the "serial" but these cases have been going on I think, since the 1980's...

Mike is too young....and too stupid to be the "serial"....IMO

Hi Jan ~ welcome to WS nice to have all these canadians signing up :angel:

joanofarc said:
The thought crossed my mind about him being the "serial" but these cases have been going on I think, since the 1980's...

Mike is too young....and too stupid to be the "serial"....IMO

He was copycatting to make people think that. You are right he was stupid. I am glad he was caught before he married again and some other woman was sucked up. Also, I am more than glad that the child isn't with him anymore. At least, she has a chance now although it will be without her mom.

I am soooo tired of the rain. We have been trying to do landscaping since spring and cannot get enough warm dry days in a row to make any real accomplishments. My poor kids are yardless :banghead:

I really do not think he is the serial killer. I am thinking the serial killer is someone more like the Penticton murders...a loner who uses women.

Jan Melnyk said:
I had no idea I was posting with my real name. I thought I was coming on as Shadow. I thought I was just registering with my name. I think I may come back with another handle. Bye, all.
jan - ask the mods to erase your earlier messages or you should-then there is no trace-and you wont be noitced again-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pigg7457