Canada - Liana White, 29, Edmonton AB, 12 July 2005 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
alien-daddy said:
True enough....

I wanted to point out the very rare references the Canadian media makes to Scott Peterson. We're just so isolated up here in the frigid north.

Alien-Daddy

Thank you for doing so Alien... Appreciated reading your post.

Here we go again.......I just don't even try to pretend to understand why these 'similar' cases keep happening.......Do these men not read the papers? What happen to good ol' divorce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious:

SimonSays said:
Does Canada have a law similar to the one in the US allowing someone to be charged w/ 2 murders if a woman is pregnant?

I don't think we do. We murder babies every day here, by abortion.

SanQuentinvisitor said:
Here we go again.......I just don't even try to pretend to understand why these 'similar' cases keep happening.......Do these men not read the papers? What happen to good ol' divorce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious:
SQV, I thought the same thing - do each of these men really think that THEY are the one who will outsmart everyone???? I mean, if that isn't a symptom of how very STUPID they really are, I don't know what is.

poco said:
Does anyone know if that will be shown on any USA channels and, if so, what time for the East Coast?

what about Cspan? Don't you get Canadian news on that in the US? It will be 6:00 pm my time in the Atlantic.

newtv said:
casshew-thanku for the insight into holmoka - laurieJ - thanku too..
As I said - I am not on top of that case and when I heard paul bernardo claiming it was all karla's idea I just wondered why anyone would listent o him-and as I said- being in the west I dont know the case the same way you guys might in the east.
I surely do not want to debate it as she doesnt deserve my defense when I dont know anything anyhow..if she steps out of line I am sure she will be in jail right away.
However, is she considered a registered sex offender?? I am just curious as I thought she was exempt from that process?

Thanks gang

anything bernardo has to say would be self-serving and designed to get him out of prison some day. I am glad that he was not given air time. He's ten times worse than Homolka will ever be.

We don't have a national sex offender registry but she did have to give them her dna for the new database so you could consider her registered.

Jess said:
Global Edmonton
12 pm news

July 26th will be Michael White's next court appearance.
His lawyer, Larry Anderson, refused to comment on the similarities between this case and Scott Peterson, nor would he comment on his client's state of mind.

Oh Dear God, please Edmonton do not accept a plea. this guy should be, must be, prosecuted to the fullest extent, no deals, no insanity.

I really wish there'd be some sort of an Additional charge that could be leveled against these guys for making their overly-dramatic, garbled, completely see-through lying statements to the media, LE, the victim's other family members, and the public; while they know darn well that their victim is already dead and gone and lying out there somewhere, and everyone is looking frantically for her.

For some reason, whenever this sort of thing happens, it just burns me up :furious: to look back at the perp's behavior during the time following the murder, while everyone is looking for the vicitm, and the so-called "distraught" hubby---who always seems to become panic-stricken and distraught extremely quickly in these cases---is crying, and making soap-opera-type statements about his wife, and making dramatic statements after only three days such as "my grief has turned to anger now, I will find her myself", and crap like that.

I really think that although the murder itself may not have been premeditated, the lying and misleading of everyone for days and days afterward certainly is premeditated. By that time, the perp has had plenty of time to consider what he's done, and what he's continuing to do, and if he continues to try to do it, it Does add an aspect of pre-meditation to the whole thing.

little Ashley now is not only without her Mom, and her Dad, and her home and family as she knew it, she is also without the sibling she would have had. :mad:

robinparten said:
SQV, I thought the same thing - do each of these men really think that THEY are the one who will outsmart everyone???? I mean, if that isn't a symptom of how very STUPID they really are, I don't know what is.
:rolleyes: I know........it really just blows my mind that some idiot actually thought by changing it up a bit (not using water as a disposal site)........he looked less obvious. And just when he thought they weren't going to find her, he decided to move things along and point 'his' group in the right direction............:doh:

But this is Canada so he'll be looking at 5 years in a cushy resort for offing his wife and unborn child.......... (no offense to Canada):blowkiss:

Perhaps this will help Scott's fans to see the truth. Men do kill their pregnant wives, and for very little reason.

Nah.........

What, I wonder, is the "committing an indignity to a dead body" ?? That is beyond sick, especially to someone you know. Someone on the other thread mentioned burning her to make it look like some serial killer in the area (and perhaps to prevent identification).

You are right, Mom-a-licious, that there should be another charge that could be filed against these liars. "Obstruction of Justice" comes to mind...these guys know that the case could be solved within a matter of seconds if they just told the truth. Instead they lead LE, search teams AND family members, friends and relatives on a wild goose chase because they are trying to get away with murder. Obstruction of Justice at the very least...and may the penalty for that be defined by the type of crime they were trying to hide. Don't know if this makes any sense...I'm not the most well-spoken (or well-typed in this case :p ) person around.

desert said:
What, I wonder, is the "committing an indignity to a dead body" ?? That is beyond sick, especially to someone you know. Someone on the other thread mentioned burning her to make it look like some serial killer in the area (and perhaps to prevent identification).

In Canada, according to the discussion, merely moving a dead body is considered "committing an indignity".

poco said:
newtv said:
on the old thread I read that he left the 3 year old alone while he disposed of the body? Is that correct and how do we know this?
Newt - you think maybe he called in a sitter?????????? :slap:

Poco, you're a hoot!
Anyway, I'm going to speculate that he didn't leave the 3 yr old alone (unless maybe she was sleeping)...the sick, twisted SOB probably strapped her in the car seat & took her with him to dispose of Mommy. After all, a 3 yr old would hardly be much of a witness.

Mabel said:
In Canada, according to the discussion, merely moving a dead body is considered "committing an indignity".
Oh, wow, I had no idea. That's actually a relief.

Mabel said:

Thanks Mabel, didn't know that.

spygirl said:
Michael White said "I'm no Scott Peterson." True, very true. He will never face the penalty that was handed down to SP.

:furious:
hmmm maybe he is no Scott Peterson but he sure does look just like Mark Hacking...Birds of a feather........................

Wow, what a thought. Wonder if the police have questioned the 3 year old, and what, if anything she could tell them.

Mygirlsadie said:
hmmm maybe he is no Scott Peterson but he sure does look just like Mark Hacking...Birds of a feather........................
I thought of Mark Hacking as well. However, I noticed in the family picture of them when he was smiling he looked like a very very chubby SP (minus the hair and wearing a hat). I guess we can call him Scott Hacking or Mark Peterson, eh? :crazy:

Anyone heard any news? If so...hope you'll roll in and update us. The autopsy should probably have identity by now...dental records? scars? other things depending upon the condition of the remains (man it hurts to use those words.)

BTW, I'm wondering if anyone in or around Edmonton may have any information on a website OR other place that those of us who would like to express our condolences to the family could send. i.e. is there a guest book somewhere, or would one of the newspapers up there support something of this nature? I would hope that whatever it is, it would be moderated...i.e. so the family doesn't have to hear anything but kindness, rather than some of the wackos like those who showed in the Laci guest book.

Posted by FT 7/13/05:
>>"Who ever has her, or if she is out there and you see me, or see this, just stay there and we will find you. I will find you."<<

It almost sounds like SP speak. Does it make sense to anyone?

Posted by Cass 7/13/05:
>>'just stay there' = don't you dare surface?
'I will find you' = I know where you are?<<

Well...Cass...perhaps the "I know where you are" was not at all incorrect. And perhaps the SP speak is becoming more and more obvious ...

Of course, we don't know if White is guilty yet...but my bet is that LE is fairly clear on some things, thus the arrest. Interesting that there was no plea or whatever it was today...perhaps the attorney is waiting for the autopsy to see precisely what proof there is before figuring out the way he can angle to try to defend what, again, appears to be someone unworthy of defense. Yeah yeah yeah...it will be interesting to hear the "story." ..."but she was irate, I asked her to calm down, but she threw the dishrag at me and it hit me on my sore nose, and well, I was real schnockered at the time and I got a little made, but when I just playfully pushed her to back her off, she tripped over the cat and hit her head on a loaded gun that was sitting on the counter and blammo. I was so scared...I didn't mean to do it...I loved her...I was irate, but it was just a playful push!" Uh huh...what will the story be IF there is not just more of "deny, deny, deny" (like the other SP speak we heard just before the body was found.) :(

FT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member