Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
googline Tony O, found http://www.zoominfo.com/Search/ReferencesView.aspx?PersonID=1252435240

with a defunct link to:

www.rmcc.forces.gc.ca/news_avis/080114_varrun_e.html - [Cached Version]
Last Visited: 12/10/2008

which says in part:

So, it would seem that at some point in 2008(?), RW's good friend Tony O'Keefe was Director of Athletics at RMC. Hmm .. i guess if you are a soccer coach and at some point the Director happens to be good budds with RW, that makes it a bit of a sticky-wicket, eh?

I found this bio to add to that:

http://www.rmc.ca/mil/dcdts-delofs-eng.asp

So deduction would say ... if RW's buddy Tony O was Director of Athletics in December 2008, it's doesn't take much of a stretch to consider he would know soccer coach, Victor M, whose wife Michelle was found dead in Kandahar in April 2009.

And here is RW's bio, I saved a copy before it was deleted from the website. Sorry I can't get the saved document to appear here, so I copied and paste.

Senior Staff
Wing Commander
Colonel Russ Williams enrolled in
the Canadian Forces in 1987 after having obtained a degree in
Economics and Political Science from the University of
Toronto. He received his Wings in 1990 and was posted to 3
Canadian Forces Flying Training School where he served for
two years as an instructor on the CT134 Beech Musketeer,
during which time he earned an A2 instructional category and
had the opportunity to fly with the last iteration of the Musket
Gold.
In 1992 Colonel Williams was posted to 434 (Combat Support)
Squadron in Shearwater where he flew the CC144 Challenger
in the electronic warfare / coastal patrol role. He was
subsequently posted to 412 (Transport) Squadron in Ottawa
where he continued to fly the Challenger, this time in the VIP
transport role. Promoted Major in November 1999 he was
posted to Director General Military Careers where he served as
the multiengine
pilot career manager.
Colonel Williams attended the Canadian Forces Command and Staff Course from August
2003 to June 2004, where he obtained a Master of Defence Studies from the Royal
Military College. Following promotion to LieutenantColonel
in June 2004 he was
appointed Commanding Officer 437 (Transport) Squadron, a post he held for two years,
during which time he served for six months as the Commanding Officer Theatre Support
Element – Camp Mirage (December 2005 June
2006).
Colonel Williams was posted to the Directorate of Air Requirements in July 2006 where
he served as Project Director for the Airlift Capability Projects Strategic (CC177
Globemaster III) and Tactical (CC130J Hercules J), and FixedWing
Search and Rescue.
In January 2009 he was posted to the Canadian Forces Language School in Gatineau for
a 6month
period of French language training, during which he was promoted to his
current rank.
A keen photographer, fisherman and runner, Colonel Williams and his wife Mary Elizabeth
are also avid golfers.

found a link that has the same bio http://cancrime.com/images/williams.russ/williams.sm.jpg

I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but these are the eight unsolved murders that the Cops in Canada are now looking at -

Name: KATHLEEN MACVICAR, aged 19.

Place: Trenton, Ontario.
What happened: Had lived on a Canadian Forces Base where Williams was also serving. Last seen leaving a friend's home on June 13, 2001. Her body was discovered two days later on the base, having been raped and stabbed.

Name: KIMBER LEANNE LUCAS, 25.
Place: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Halifax, Nova Scotia may refer to any of the following:
Halifax Regional Municipality, capital of Nova Scotia, Canada

What happened: Murdered on November 23, 1994. The heavy-drug user was seven months pregnant when killed. Williams was stationed in the area at Shearwatershearwater Base between 1992 and 1994.

Name: SHELLY CONNERS, 17.

Place: Halifax, Nova Scotia.

What happened: Reported missing by her mother on May 30, 1993, and her body was discovered in a wooded area three days later, partially covered with leaves and branches.

Name: ANDREA KING, 18.

Place: Halifax, Nova Scotia. What happened: On January 1 1992 Andrea flew from her home in British Colombia to Halifax, and phoned her family from the airport to say she arrived safely. It was the last time they heard from her. Her skeletal remains were discovered on December 22 of that year.

Name: GLENDA MORRISSEAU, 19. Place: Winnipeg, Manitoba. What happened: Last seen alive at 2.30am on July 17, 1991, as she hitch-hiked from the Stock Exchange Hotel. Her battered body was found on August 7 of that year, wearing only a t-shirt, jacket and socks. Williams was stationed at Manitoba at the time of her murder.

Name: MARGARET McWILLIAM, 21.

Place: Scarborough, Ontario.

What happened: Her body was found on August 27, 1987. She had been raped and murdered after going out for a jog in a park. Williams had graduated from the Scarborough campus in 1987.

Name: SUSAN TICE 45, and ERIN GILMOUR, 22. Place: Toronto. What happened: Both women were found sexually assaulted and murdered within four months of each other in downtown Toronto in 1983. Cold case police investigators are now looking at possible links to Williams.

STILL MISSING Name: DEBORAH RASHETTE, 27.

Place: Belleville, Ontario. What happened: Went missing on January 23, only five days before Jessica Lloyd's disappearance.

Fears are growing as she has still not been found.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Is+ai...x+fiend+and+brutal+serial+killer?-a0219397484

I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but these are the eight unsolved murders that the Cops in Canada are now looking at -

Name: KATHLEEN MACVICAR, aged 19.

Place: Trenton, Ontario.
What happened: Had lived on a Canadian Forces Base where Williams was also serving. Last seen leaving a friend's home on June 13, 2001. Her body was discovered two days later on the base, having been raped and stabbed.

Name: KIMBER LEANNE LUCAS, 25.
Place: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Halifax, Nova Scotia may refer to any of the following:
Halifax Regional Municipality, capital of Nova Scotia, Canada

What happened: Murdered on November 23, 1994. The heavy-drug user was seven months pregnant when killed. Williams was stationed in the area at Shearwatershearwater Base between 1992 and 1994.

Name: SHELLY CONNERS, 17.

Place: Halifax, Nova Scotia.

What happened: Reported missing by her mother on May 30, 1993, and her body was discovered in a wooded area three days later, partially covered with leaves and branches.

Name: ANDREA KING, 18.

Place: Halifax, Nova Scotia. What happened: On January 1 1992 Andrea flew from her home in British Colombia to Halifax, and phoned her family from the airport to say she arrived safely. It was the last time they heard from her. Her skeletal remains were discovered on December 22 of that year.

Name: GLENDA MORRISSEAU, 19. Place: Winnipeg, Manitoba. What happened: Last seen alive at 2.30am on July 17, 1991, as she hitch-hiked from the Stock Exchange Hotel. Her battered body was found on August 7 of that year, wearing only a t-shirt, jacket and socks. Williams was stationed at Manitoba at the time of her murder.

Name: MARGARET McWILLIAM, 21.

Place: Scarborough, Ontario.

What happened: Her body was found on August 27, 1987. She had been raped and murdered after going out for a jog in a park. Williams had graduated from the Scarborough campus in 1987.

Name: SUSAN TICE 45, and ERIN GILMOUR, 22. Place: Toronto. What happened: Both women were found sexually assaulted and murdered within four months of each other in downtown Toronto in 1983. Cold case police investigators are now looking at possible links to Williams.

STILL MISSING Name: DEBORAH RASHETTE, 27.

Place: Belleville, Ontario. What happened: Went missing on January 23, only five days before Jessica Lloyd's disappearance.

Fears are growing as she has still not been found.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Is+ai...x+fiend+and+brutal+serial+killer?-a0219397484

I found this link for the bolded names above
http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/homicide/case/6

I found this link for the bolded names above
http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/homicide/case/6

From the above police report re Susan Tice and Erin Gilmour:

"These two homicides are linked through DNA. Both women are believed to have been killed by the same man."

So, LE has DNA from both of these earlier crimes. It hasn't been confirmed whether or not they have RW's DNA samples yet, but it's been widely reported that they want some to link him to the murders of Jessica and Marie-France and/or the sexual assaults last September. This indicates that they do have DNA from those later crimes. Therefore, all LE has to do is compare the DNA from the 1980s murders to the Brighton and Tweed crimes to determine if all were committed by the same man. That surely couldn't take long.

JMO

Yes, it's the "moved to Kingston" thing that doesn't match up, isn't it? And then there's this, which is probably why Joe Grozelle's dad would like to know exactly where RW was, and when:

http://www.rmc.ca/aca/ws-eg/index-eng.asp

"The core program is located at RMC’s campus in Kingston, Ontario with distance learning opportunities available at military sites across Canada. With some war studies courses available through WebCT, students can take courses from virtually anywhere in the world."

Where is "anywhere in the world"? Gee, the military removed his biography from their website.

Another thing that is so very odd: why would the military send RW's personal friend to court to be the military's "eyes and ears" in the RW case? For purposes of appearing impartial, it should be obvious that someone who had no personal, and preferably no professional contact with RW should be attending. (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...r-case-put-over-till-march-25/article1473795/)

Lieutenant-Colonel Tony O'Keeffe is from RMC Kingston, and is apparently a PR man for the military. I wonder how long O'Keeffe has been at RMC, and whether he was there during the troubles in 2002.

BBM:

Who's bio has been pulled? RW's bio? Of course they would remove it from their website. The man has been relieved of his duties and will likely get discharged from the military.

They sent TO as it is his job, and as you mention, he is their public relations. There is no need for impartiality, he was there to do a job, which was to hear what transpired during the brief court appearance (and every one knew he'd be remanded back into custody as his lawyers have not yet received disclosure documents) and then to relieve him of his duties.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Presumptions+guilt/2604924/story.html

I suspect that judges have understood the sea change in society since the Bernardo trial, which has come in the form of a thing called the internet. Judges are powerless to prevent the flow of information, and maybe they understand that.

I just read the same article and frankly---I am sick of these bleeding hearts! In a court of law--if there is not enough evidence then---there will be a NOT GUILTY verdict.

I think journalists should report objectively and responsibly----and yes accurately! But has the coverage been excessive? Not really....the arrest of a person of RW's stature and the bizarre crimes he's accused of has peaked people's curiosity---not to condemn him before he is tried but just as a normal human reaction of "WTF????" How could someone do that? Be that way? Could it be him?

OF course as humans--we also need empathize with anyone who could possibly "wrongly accused---GP Morin case, D. Milgram, S. Truscott----it would be just as tragic to wrongly convict someone who is innocent.

But in the case of RW arrest----there must be something very strong to even
have this man arrested. We know we must presume he is innocent until there is enough evidence to prove otherwise---so we are naturally curious why he was arrested and charged? That's what's causing our reaction and the media's.

"These two homicides are linked through DNA. Both women are believed to have been killed by the same man."

So, LE has DNA from both of these earlier crimes. It hasn't been confirmed whether or not they have RW's DNA samples yet, but it's been widely reported that they want some to link him to the murders of Jessica and Marie-France and/or the sexual assaults last September. This indicates that they do have DNA from those later crimes. Therefore, all LE has to do is match the DNA from the 1980s murders to the Brighton and Tweed crimes to determine if all were committed by the same man. That surely couldn't take long.

JMO

IIRC - I think LE can request RW to give a sample of his DNA and if he refuses they can get a warrant to get a sample. I'll have to double check on that, though I'm pretty sure that is the way it works.

ITA with you AG about the DNA testing and determining whether all of these crimes have been committed by the same man.

There is a very interesting website run by one of the few psychiatrists who apparently "treats" sociopaths....he has a forum where "they" post

most do NOT murder..they "contain" themselves, they "mimic" everyday people to stay out of prison...they basically have no feelings, no conscience
and zero empathy

The interesting part is that in "their" words many feel they are "warriors"...they even justify or romanticize their condition by saying that generals etc had to be a bit sociopath

they claim that "their" kind was much valued centuries ago....when force with no feelings was admired

I wonder if RW perhaps justified or thought of himself this way?

BBM:

Who's bio has been pulled? RW's bio? Of course they would remove it from their website. The man has been relieved of his duties and will likely get discharged from the military.

They sent TO as it is his job, and as you mention, he is their public relations. There is no need for impartiality, he was there to do a job, which was to hear what transpired during the brief court appearance (and every one knew he'd be remanded back into custody as his lawyers have not yet received disclosure documents) and then to relieve him of his duties.

I think there is a clash between military culture and civilian society. This is one example. Conflict of interest is something that comes up frequently in civilian society. Judges, for example, must remove themselves from cases where they personally know the people involved. Judges have a duty not only to do what is just, but to be seen to be doing it. They are aware that perception matters.

Various professions also have codes of conduct. This does not mean that the people in those professions are not professional. It means that they, too, must be seen to be professional and avoid conflicts of interest.

I just read the same article and frankly---I am sick of these bleeding hearts! In a court of law--if there is not enough evidence then---there will be a NOT GUILTY verdict.

I think journalists should report objectively and responsibly----and yes accurately! But has the coverage been excessive? Not really....the arrest of a person of RW's stature and the bizarre crimes he's accused of has peaked people's curiosity---not to condemn him before he is tried but just as a normal human reaction of "WTF????" How could someone do that? Be that way? Could it be him?

OF course as humans--we also need empathize with anyone who could possibly "wrongly accused---GP Morin case, D. Milgram, S. Truscott----it would be just as tragic to wrongly convict someone who is innocent.

But in the case of RW arrest----there must be something very strong to even
have this man arrested. We know we must presume he is innocent until there is enough evidence to prove otherwise---so we are naturally curious why he was arrested and charged? That's what's causing our reaction and the media's.

In a way, I have to agree with this article. Another WS case I'm following provided almost zero information about the crime or the accused. This resulted in several of us giving the accused the benefit of the doubt - just not enough information to arrive at an opinion until evidence emerges at the trial. Yet this case has had so much information released by both LE and the media that the presumption of innocence has pretty much flown out the window. How can you think the man is not guilty when there are dozens of accounts of a confession and leading LE to the body? Even people who worked with him every day and found him to be a very nice person are already believing in his guilt.

Of course the public is curious. And the media is feeding that curiosity - not because they're trying to do us a favour, but because that's what sells papers and advertising space. The motivation there is all about the money, honey.

But I totally agree that ultimately it will be the evidence that decides this man's fate. I don't think that was ever in doubt.

JMO

I think there is a clash between military culture and civilian society. This is one example. Conflict of interest is something that comes up frequently in civilian society. Judges, for example, must remove themselves from cases where they personally know the people involved. Judges have a duty not only to do what is just, but to be seen to be doing it. They are aware that perception matters.

Various professions also have codes of conduct. This does not mean that the people in those professions are not professional. It means that they, too, must be seen to be professional and avoid conflicts of interest.

I fail to see how any of this "conflict of interest" (if indeed there is such a thing here) would affect the outcome of a trial. No matter who is representing the military at these proceedings, it will not have any bearing on the outcome. The verdict will be based strictly on evidence and decided by an impartial judge or jury in a civilian court. And that, as far as I'm concerned, is the bottom line.

JMO

The "trophy" panties show that RW could have other victims out there...rapes, murders ??

I think that the usual "serial killers always escalate" may NOT hold true in his case...he seems to have "escalated" yes, but no telling if along the way he did escalate in specific cases

Serial killers are (thankfully) rare....and many that have been studied have been far less intelligent and less educated than RW....

he is a whole different ballgame IMHO

I have a feeling that his "activity" may have escalated and slowed depending on his career and lifestyle....

I find it significant that he started the home invasions when his wife was not home at the time...she was staying at their other house to supervise the remodeling

I would be interested in finding what "timelines" where his wife was traveling for her job or very busy with her (charity) position....those might be times when RW was more "active"

I don't think that all past "studies" of these monsters will apply as much in RW's case..he seems to be the most successful of all...

I also found it very chilling to read an old "bio" of him that listed his "hobbies" as photography....pretty spooky in light of the pictures he forcibly took in his home invasions....yuck

the one good thing here might be his own rigid uptight OCD personality....his stockpile of trophies may lead to uncovering more of his crimes

So, LE has DNA from both of these earlier crimes. It hasn't been confirmed whether or not they have RW's DNA samples yet, but it's been widely reported that they want some to link him to the murders of Jessica and Marie-France and/or the sexual assaults last September. This indicates that they do have DNA from those later crimes. Therefore, all LE has to do is match the DNA from the 1980s murders to the Brighton and Tweed crimes to determine if all were committed by the same man. That surely couldn't take long.

JMO

They can't link him to any of the crimes without having enough evidence to get a judge to sign off on it. I am kind of doing the debate of Privacy Policy vs Justice....I know, I know, it is in place for a reason, for the protection of the "innocent" but sometimes I have a hard time that the victims and their families, since they were perhaps just as innocent but there was no one to protect THEIR rights....

So for Marie's murder and Jessica's murder they can run it. For any of the other crimes it is too soon to tell.

Codes of conduct and conflict of interest are two separate things. There was no conflict of interest - an officer in the military was relieved of his duty because of actions/crimes this individual did on his own accord without any influence by the person who relieved him of his duty, nothing more. The fact that they were "friendly" does not warrant conflict of interest. It would only be considered a conflict of interest if the superior officer was exploiting the individual for his own personal or corporate benefit and I'm willing to bet that he didn't influence the outcome of the decision to release him from duty(which again would be considered a conflict of interest).

I fail to see how any of this "conflict of interest" (if indeed there is such a thing here) would affect the outcome of a trial. No matter who is representing the military at these proceedings, it will not have any bearing on the outcome. The verdict will be based strictly on evidence and decided by an impartial judge or jury in a civilian court. And that, as far as I'm concerned, is the bottom line.

JMO

I'll use a similar example. The new RCMP commissioner recently announced that the RCMP will no longer be investigating their own officers, with some exceptions, in cases where wrongdoing is alleged.

The RCMP commissioner seems to have understood that the RCMP has a rather large image problem in Canada at the moment. This announcement gives an indication that the RCMP is trying to address public concerns.

Getting back to this case, the military may not realize it yet, but the charges against RW are problematic for the image of the military in Canada, in particular that of military officers. They may not be concerned about their image, but they should be. They are funded by tax dollars, and politicians have been known to listen to the public sometimes when they are in a minority government.

Sure this is just one man, etc., but they need to be aware that one man, and their attitude toward him, shapes public perception. It's about perception. Perception matters.

And in this case, they've sent RW's friend to court to be their "eyes and ears".

They can't link him to any of the crimes without having enough evidence to get a judge to sign off on it. I am kind of doing the debate of Privacy Policy vs Justice....I know, I know, it is in place for a reason, for the protection of the "innocent" but sometimes I have a hard time that the victims and their families, since they were perhaps just as innocent but there was no one to protect THEIR rights....

So for Marie's murder and Jessica's murder they can run it. For any of the other crimes it is too soon to tell.

What I meant is that LE already has DNA for both the 1980s and the more recent crimes. All they need at this point is to compare the two sets to see if the same man committed them all. They don't need RW's sample to do that. When they do get RW's, they can either connect him to the '80s murders or eliminate him.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member