GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're all correct that normally LE is not responsible for the damages they cause during a search with a warrant. If they have the wrong target, that person can sue for damages.

However, I have no idea who is behind this particular deal to repair the floors. I have not seen MEH's name mentioned in any of the articles. Could someone please provide a link where her name shows as the one asking for reimbursement? To me, it sounds more like some negotiation with a clever lawyer.

JMO

That is right. She can complain all she wants. But the fact that the LE not only repaired the floors, but actually replaced the floors is indicative of a deal.

RW way of showing his love. Makes me want to puke.

I no longer feel any sympathy for her whatsoever and the Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation should distance themselves from her as much as possible.

The most disturbing thing about this whole case for me is that I fear our society promotes peoples with these self-centered and greedy values.

Do not forget the enormous savings when a long trial is avoided. Murder trials cost hundreds of thousands of taxpayer's dollars. A plea bargain benefits the prosecution and the public from a financial standpoint. Surely this was one of the considerations.

JMO

As a taxpayer I would have loved to have had a trial so that we could find the root of much of the incompetence and take them off the payroll.

Do not forget the enormous savings when a long trial is avoided. Murder trials cost hundreds of thousands of taxpayer's dollars. A plea bargain benefits the prosecution and the public from a financial standpoint. Surely this was one of the considerations.

JMO

Apparently this was a consideration too:
Another driving reason not to go to trial, one police source said, is that there would be “a lot of stuff that comes in,” much of it *advertiser censored* – including fetish videos – that Col. Williams wanted to prevent being made public.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-he-took-videos-of-the-crimes/article1748914/

Makes you wonder what is on those other tapes, or should I say who?

That is right. She can complain all she wants. But the fact that the LE not only repaired the floors, but actually replaced the floors is indicative of a deal.

RW way of showing his love. Makes me want to puke.

I no longer feel any sympathy for her whatsoever and the Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation should distance themselves from her as much as possible.

The most disturbing thing about this whole case for me is that I fear our society promotes peoples with these self-centered and greedy values.

well I mentioned this way back that I will not bother with the H&S Lottery ever again as long as people like MEH continue to be employed there and I voiced my opinion again this week when I was approached by the H&S Lottery to purchase another ticket..The person at the other end of the line heard me out and I hope it was relayed to her supervisor as I requested.. may sound petty but sorry...that's how I feel.. there are plently more charities to support IMO..

Kingston Pen prepping for Williams

By ROBB TRIPP, QMI Agency
Last Updated: October 8, 2010 6:07pm
KINGSTON, Ont. - Fifteen years after notorious sex slayer Paul Bernardo arrived at the country’s oldest federal prison, another infamous killer could be on his way to Kingston Penitentiary.

Russell Williams, the former air force who plans to plead guilty to murdering two women and sexually assaulting two others, could soon be a federal inmate.

Corrections Canada will not discuss his case specifically, but 175-year-old Kingston Pen still operates a super-secure isolation unit where notorious offenders are segregated from fellow convicts
Williams, who went to school with Bernardo in Toronto in the 1980s, would be a candidate for the KP segregation unit, according to a former warden.

“It’s a possibility,” said Tom Epp, who ran Kingston Pen from 1989 through 1991, when it housed notorious serial killer Clifford Olson.

Williams will need protection from fellow convicts, in part because of his crimes, but also because of his notoriety, which breeds resentment.

Williams may want to stay in Ontario to be close to his wife, who has visited him regularly at the Quinte Detention Centre in Napanee.
Ont.

Senior Corrections officials would already be planning how to handle Williams, Epp said.

“They’re doing their action plans now,” Epp told QMI Agency in an interview Friday. “They did it for Bernardo, They did it for Karla (Homolka), they did it for (Olson).”

Olson, who murdered 11 children in British Columbia 30 years ago, served roughly 10 years in Kingston Pen, until his transfer in 1992.
Epp said Corrections would be wise to learn from its failures in handling Olson when it deals with Williams.

“Don’t let him get any traction at all, treat him strictly in accordance with law and policy and don’t let any activists near him,” Epp said.
“Don’t give him a platform and don’t let him run you ragged because Olson did that for years.”

Olson antagonized authorities with relentless complaints, lawsuits and a knack for drawing media attention with outlandish claims.

He was eventually declared a vexatious litigant, meaning he cannot sue without the consent of a judge.

Corrections may have learned from its mistakes with Olson by controlling Bernardo more closely.

His access to the media is restricted and special precautions were taken to limit internal access to his files.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/10/08/15635201.html

well I mentioned this way back that I will not bother with the H&S Lottery ever again as long as people like MEH continue to be employed there and I voiced my opinion again this week when I was approached by the H&S Lottery to purchase another ticket..The person at the other end of the line heard me out and I hope it was relayed to her supervisor as I requested.. may sound petty but sorry...that's how I feel.. there are plently more charities to support IMO..

Oh, I hear ya Macright, i really do ... but remember, it's the thousands of hearts and lives like ours who benefit from donations to, and research done by, a wonderful charitable organization such as H&S. Don't let the dastardly tentacles of an evil creep like Russ Williams colour our caring for those in need.

RW will be punished, but in our minds, probably never as severely as he ultimately deserves. I hope the warden gives him lots of toilet tissue and foil. Hold the mustard Warden, 'cuz we don't care what he has to smear on his cell walls.

IF anyone other than RW has knowledge of his crimes or somehow supports such evil, may they all remember that karma's a b1Tsh, eh?

Who do you think was on the tapes, Max?

Williams' history is unblemished by comparison.

Quinsey says he might be ego-dystonic — someone who finds his own impulses distressing and unacceptable. He perhaps resorted to non-violent ways to satisfy his urges, with online *advertiser censored* or prostitutes. Experts interviewed by the Star wondered if he practised bondage with girlfriends or his wife.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/873244--inside-the-mind-of-col-russell-williams?bn=1

I am finding this totally unbelievable!! What is equally unbelievable is that the OPP are giving it to her!!!! I am pretty sure that when they tear apart a house because they have a search warrant, they don't normally pay for scratched floors!! Especially when the perp is actually guilty!!! Why so different in this case?:banghead:
Where does this idea come from that the police can wreak havoc during their investigations without reimbursing people for the damage they cause? Is this some kind of double standard? When a contractor comes into your house to do renovations, they cover the floors and furniture. Shouldn't the police do the same? Granted, the public would not be too concerned if RW's house was wrecked, but it still isn't right. As for his wife, what is she guilty of that they should punish her by destroying her property? Do the police ever pay restitution when they break down the wrong door and rough up an innocent person by mistake? I know this is a bit off-topic, but using Gestapo tactics could backfire on LE and damage the case. Reimbursing MEH for property damage was the right thing to do.

Where does this idea come from that the police can wreak havoc during their investigations without reimbursing people for the damage they cause? Is this some kind of double standard? When a contractor comes into your house to do renovations, they cover the floors and furniture. Shouldn't the police do the same? Granted, the public would not be too concerned if RW's house was wrecked, but it still isn't right. As for his wife, what is she guilty of that they should punish her by destroying her property? Do the police ever pay restitution when they break down the wrong door and rough up an innocent person by mistake? I know this is a bit off-topic, but using Gestapo tactics could backfire on LE and damage the case. Reimbursing MEH for property damage was the right thing to do.

I respectfully disagree..if your auto is pulled apart at the border by a custom officer the onus is on you to put things back as before.. the same should apply in this case.. how do we know that MEH did not know about her husbands collections.. we know nothing about her to date other than she seems to be making quite a few visits to the SOB in prison.. therefore as a tax payer I am against having to pay for his crimes..also remember at the time of the search RW was still co owner of that home so a few marks on the pristine floors seems very minor considering what the search turned up..MEH should bow her head in shame..

Here are some interesting Access to Information requests, that may have/have something to do with RW:

A-2009-00858 All letters, recommendations and conclusions drawn from the Summary Investigations or inquiries following the death of a Canadian soldier that have occurred as a result of enemy actions from 01 January 2006 to 01 July 2009

A-2009-00624 QP Briefing Notes sent in the Minister’s book on September 14, 2009

A-2009-01117 The MPRR of Lieutenant Charles Alexandre Roman. He was an officer cadet in platoon I0011F in 2007. He is in the Land element (gunner) and his recruitment office was Quebec City.

A-2009-00938 Any records by 8 Wing Commander Col. Russ Williams concerning the death of Cpl. Marie-France Comeau

A-2009-00556 Correspondence to and/or from the Minister and/or the CDS with regards to non combattant deaths in Afghanistan from 2002 to October 2009

A-2009-01129All Significant Incident Reports for the DND/CF for February 2010

A-2009-01135 Requesting copy of the contract between DND and the management of the Roundel Golf Club at CFB Trenton. Including info leading up to award of said contract & any documentation related to the award of a sole source contract

A-2009-00753All information including, memos, reports, emails, and correspondence involving incidents of sexual harassment, sexual abuse, rape, and physical abuse of female Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan, from Jan 1, 01 to 20 Nov 09. MPIRs requested rather than ful

A-2008-00535 A copy of the Canadian Forces investigation report into the death of Cpl. Michael Starker while in on duty in Afghanistan on May 6, 2008. Include relevant memos, drafts and any other information related to the investigation

-2010-00296All public affairs products concerning the cases which were generated from 19 June 2009 to date, in regards to the death of a Maj, who died in September 2008, while serving in Mali

A-2010-00036Records concerning the shooting of a teenage man during a raid on a compound in Hazraji Baba in June or July 07 & records concerning a resulting sweep of the neighbourhood, & the arrests of more than 10 men

A-2010-00010Significant Incident Reports produced by CANSOFCOM and JTF2 for 2009A-2010-00016

A-2009-00993Obtain all documents, Briefing Notes, etc. produced, sent and/or received by the Chief of the Defence Staff Walter Natyncyk or his office regarding Colonel D.R. (Russ) Williams since 1 February 10

http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/aip/cr-dc-eng.asp#mar

I already posted this at Post # 169 on this thread a long time ago. There are alot of ATI's immediately after RW's arrest that can be found. I only posted from April and on ^^, but, there are many between February and April.

There are many more completed ATI's (Access to Information) requests in March, relating to Williams at this site (regarding employment, promotion to Major/Lt.Col/Col, etc), but this one stuck out to me. April's completed ATI Requests have not been released yet.

I wonder if it is suspected that RW manipulated information regarding the murder of Marie Comeau at his own base? I suppose this document must contain the "100 plus" emails that The Toronto Star reported on recently.

A-2009-00933 All emails between midnight on 24 Nov 09 and 5 Dec 09 regarding the writing, production, layout and subjects and articles to be published in the 27 Nov, 4 Dec and 11 Dec 09 editions of the Trenton military base’s newspaper Contact.

http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/aip/cr-dc-eng.asp#mar

*Note: A poster on Lachlan's Thread here (the Deep River scientist who is missing), posted the link to the DAIP, and I was amazed by the information there. Apparantly, you can buy a copy for $5 of the information in these requests. I assume the journalists must use this department frequently.

BBM: The police can wreak as much havoc as they like, in the home of a serial killer, as far as I am concerned. Zero sympathy here.

A-2009-00944 Details where Col. Russell Williams was posted to learn French during the year 09: where he was taught, & went for immersion, the complete address where he stayed while learning French at CFB Valcartier and/or elsewhere in Québec

the above also stood out for me.. were they looking for any unsolved murders/sexual crimes in that area......

Thank you for the link...

Here is another, at another link, for completed DAIP requests, 2009 (I was searching CFB Valcartier):

A-2009-00172A case summary for each incident of sexual assault involving at least one CF member while deployed on an overseas operation for the period from January 2005 to the present.

http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/aip/cr-dc-09-eng.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member