GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will We Ever Know WHY?

It makes it worse to have heard the terrible recitation of his acts in a room filled with kind people—the victims’ families, police and the court staff—as if we had all suddenly realized that civilization is something we have to cling to. The existence of a man like Williams had made us unnervingly polite, as though we might shatter if there were any bad behaviour.

http://www.thestar.com/news/insight/article/877435--will-we-ever-know-why

Here's an interesting article by Rob Tripp, the part that jumps out at me is:

Corrections follows a guideline of putting killers in maximum security for at least two years. After that, depending on their behaviour and assessments of their risk and their needs, they could be moved to lesser security.

Can and does happen people, lots of sick dangerous convicts in minimum security prison farms and camps.

http://www.cancrime.com/2010/10/18/7-things-you-may-not-know-about-whats-next-for-killer-colonel/

I was sitting in an airport today between flights and glued to a TV monitor I was positive I heard a reporter (CBC) state that MEH WAS in the court room..can't find anything to back this up now though...anyone???

In the Interview with Andy Lloyd, Jessica's brother, tonight on CBC Connects, he discusses how he was outraged and pizzed right off, as a Canadian, to sit and listen to the details of what that man did during the crimes that don't even involve his sister. His father was 25 years in the Canadian Navy, Jessica herself comes from a Military Family, and Andy says Williams is a disgrace, and that if his Dad was alive he would be outraged that a Commander did that to anyone, let alone his daughter.

I was sitting in an airport today between flights and glued to a TV monitor I was positive I heard a reporter (CBC) state that MEH WAS in the court room..can't find anything to back this up now though...anyone???

Someone did report that, but then a tweet came that said LE stated it was not true.

Yes, you could be right Macright. If you go back a few pages in this thread, it was blogged that a TV station had ERRONEOUSLY reported that MEH was in the courtroom. A police officer in charge of security verified that MEH was NOT in the courtroom.

The National is just getting ready to delve into the day's events. And since I already feel like I need a shower and a good purging I figured I would watch it. I doubt they have anything different to say than any of the other news outlets but...we'll see.

Blech.

I'll be darned if I can find it again, I am trying, but it did say in one MSM article that not one friend or family member of RW's (including his wife MEH) was in the courtroom today.

Here you go, WG. It was in The Toronto Star originally, too, but that has disappeared. Couldn't even find a cache of it for that paper. Strange.

"Neither Williams’ family nor friends came to the court Monday."

http://www.northumberlandnews.com/news/article/163985

Once he was inside the homes, his behaviour was always the same.

Williams admitted to spending on average two hours inside the rooms of female occupants — some as young as nine. There, he would photograph where the young girl or young woman slept, their underwear drawers and laundry hampers.

He would then take panties, bras and negligées out of the drawers and meticulously lay them on the bed for more photographs. Williams would then take photos of himself naked or wearing the underwear while masturbating on the beds, many times covered with stuffed animals or toys.

“These photos show his obsession with organizing the underwear he stole,” said Morrison, as he went through each break-and-enter count in detail.

Williams kept a meticulous log of each theft on his computer, detailing when he had broken in, what he had taken and the name of each victim. In one instance, he was not able to identify the names of sisters aged nine, 11, and 13 at an Ottawa home, and instead labelled them in his log as “mystery little girls.”

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/R...y+began+2007/3690786/story.html#ixzz12lhHcROh

I would hide too! If you were his friend, would you go???

You mean ex-friend, don't you? Can you imagine anyone willing to remain friends with him now? I bet he hasn't got a single one left.

As for a divorce, I predict we won't have long to wait for that.

JMO

Here you go, WG. It was in The Toronto Star originally, too, but that has disappeared. Couldn't even find a cache of it for that paper. Strange.

"Neither Williams’ family nor friends came to the court Monday."

http://www.northumberlandnews.com/news/article/163985

I cannot imagine how they feel watching all this on the news tonight...I've lost count how many times I have seen the pic of RW in the green outfit on CNN.....ugh

3690750.bin

Photographers, reflected in the glass at the back of the Belleville courthouse, stand on ten-foot ladders to catch a glimpse of Russell Williams who was hidden from view behind tall mesh barriers with armed guard as he came out of the courthouse Monday. He pled guilty to murder. Col. Russell Williams, the former commander of Canadian Forces Base Trenton, was charged in February with two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of two eastern Ontario women, Cpl. Marie-France Comeau, 38, and Jessica Lloyd, 27. In addition, he was also charged with sexually assaulting two other women and had 82 charges related to break-ins and lingerie thefts in Ottawa, Belleville and the nearby town of Tweed.

Photograph by: Julie Oliver, The Ottawa Citizen

3690743.bin

Belleville Police Chief Cory McMullan emerges from the Belleville courthouse where Russell Williams pled guilty to murder Monday. Col. Russell Williams, the former commander of Canadian Forces Base Trenton, was charged in February with two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of two eastern Ontario women, Cpl. Marie-France Comeau, 38, and Jessica Lloyd, 27. In addition, he was also charged with sexually assaulting two other women and had 82 charges related to break-ins and lingerie thefts in Ottawa, Belleville and the nearby town of Tweed.

Photograph by: Julie Oliver, The Ottawa Citizen

The National is just getting ready to delve into the day's events. And since I already feel like I need a shower and a good purging I figured I would watch it. I doubt they have anything different to say than any of the other news outlets but...we'll see.

Blech.

I know this is not the time for laughter but after reading for the past couple of hours I have to say that your post has made me laugh...thanks for that.. I feel the same way..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona