GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you been affected by the Williams story?

Have you experienced grief or anxiety over it? Has your sense of security been eroded?

Psychologist Dr. Oren Amitay and psychotherapist Lynne MacDonell will join CBC News Your Voice on Friday, Oct. 22, at 12 p.m. ET to answer your questions on dealing with traumatic events.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/pointofview/2010/10/coping-with-the-disturbing-details.html

This has affected so many people, even beyond the victims and their families and their friends and their neighbours, and the military, and LE, and the lawyers, and those who lived in the neighbourhoods he terrorized.

I think about the neighbours next to his wife's new home... how shaken those folks must feel, knowing how close they came to having that monster in their neighbourhood, and that their children, wives, selves may very well have attracted his attention next. Wonder how welcoming they feel toward her?

In a much more minor way, I think there has been a very real impact on those of us who have only followed the story thru the media, all of us filled with horror and repulsion. I think the immediacy of the very detailed reporting, and the photos and the videos of his police interview, all so readily available on the internet, have allowed many of us a closer glimpse of the face of evil than we've experienced before, and I think that cannot help but change us and how we see the world.

So many people whose lives and perspectives have been altered by the stench that emanates in stinking waves from the depravity of this one despicable man. Just all so utterly sad.

thanks but I guess what I'm looking for doesn't exist, which is a clean transcript of the blacked out portions of the interview

every link I've seen that says 'redacted' still has the blacked out portions ...

LadyL, you are correct, the transcript released is 128 pages out of 309. I doubt they will ever release the full transcript, though there are probably ways to request it, which I do not know about.

thanks but I guess what I'm looking for doesn't exist, which is a clean transcript of the blacked out portions of the interview

every link I've seen that says 'redacted' still has the blacked out portions ...

That's what redacted means under Canadian Law. It is the process of removing (or blacking out) unwanted or sensitive areas prior to showing it to others (in the case the general public because of the ban that was put in place prior to the hearing). There will never be a full, clean copy of the interview/confession on the internet.

Williams statement about seeing Jessica on the treadmill, the day before he took her, does not ring true to me.

It seems it doesn't appear to ring true to Jessica's neighbour either.

His MO was stalking and recon, before his crimes. Him seeing her in her home, which is extremely far from the road, in the basement on her treadmill, is a lie, IMO. If Jessica's neighbour is correct here, he was stalking Jessica since 2009.

Jessica loved her home, said Shirley, who was shaking and clearly distraught upon what she heard in court. “The only reason it happened is because he knew she was there alone,” she said. “He must have seen her mowing the lawn. I just wish I could get at... him to get in one punch.”

Two homes where evil lurked and dreams died
By JOE WARMINGTON, Toronto Sun

http://www.torontosun.com/news/columnists/joe_warmington/2010/10/19/15753936.html

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/879404

Interesting article about RW's 'apology'. I was bothered by the judge's assessment that it was 'sincere'. I didn't hear it, of course, but it reads mechanical, unemotional, distant, shallow, so I was interested to read that this reporter had the same take on it.

Also interesting to me was her statement that RW lacks people skills, that he does not know how to connect with people, that he is not 'affable' and therefore an odd choice for promotion. Admittedly, I have not had the opportunity to read all the articles linked here, but from what I had read up to now, I had the impression that he was well liked, outgoing, easy with people and that just did not fit together well with the reality that he is a monstrous, vile being.

This description of him as 'taciturn', that 'it isn’t in his nature to expound or analyze', and that 'he was an odd choice as colonel at the Trenton base', that he is an 'awkward man with no chat or grasp of the appropriate thing to say to other humans'... I find I can much more easily reconcile the man this describes with the horrible truth of what we all now know he is.

From watching the confession tapes, he seemed to me to be a person who had trouble connecting with people. Sort of a social outcast. Basically, a big giant nerd.

what's the fourth component?

I know you aren't asking me, though personally I have never heard of one, and "triad" actually means three, so calling this a macdonald triad, makes sense as there are three components to it that people look for sociopath tendencies.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/879404

Interesting article about RW's 'apology'. I was bothered by the judge's assessment that it was 'sincere'. I didn't hear it, of course, but it reads mechanical, unemotional, distant, shallow, so I was interested to read that this reporter had the same take on it.

Also interesting to me was her statement that RW lacks people skills, that he does not know how to connect with people, that he is not 'affable' and therefore an odd choice for promotion. Admittedly, I have not had the opportunity to read all the articles linked here, but from what I had read up to now, I had the impression that he was well liked, outgoing, easy with people and that just did not fit together well with the reality that he is a monstrous, vile being.

This description of him as 'taciturn', that 'it isn’t in his nature to expound or analyze', and that 'he was an odd choice as colonel at the Trenton base', that he is an 'awkward man with no chat or grasp of the appropriate thing to say to other humans'... I find I can much more easily reconcile the man this describes with the horrible truth of what we all now know he is.

This link to a multipage story in the Globe & Mail tells of RW's early years, gives insight into his parents (Js the stepfather & Nonie the socialite mother) and their dealing with RW and his only sibling, Harvey.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/colonel-russell-williams-the-making-of-a-mystery-man/article1537412/page4/

EXCERPT:

Snip> "...Back in Toronto, his parents decided to send him and brother Harvey to boarding school, choosing one that would have appealed to his more serious sensibilities – Upper Canada College, which has honed young minds from Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff and grocery magnate Galen Weston Jr. to jailed media tycoon Conrad Black.

Although the family had no ties with the elite school for boys, which is expensive and has high standards for enrolment, a family member says Mr. Sovka's impressive CV helped to “persuade” administrators of the children's potential. Russell was assigned a corner room in Wedd's House, one of UCC's dorms, but didn't exactly fit in. ...[snip]

So, here is possibly the beginning of influence which greased the skids for RW to advance in spite of the personality characteristics which should have impeded it. The CV (curriculum vitae) of his step-father, Jerry Sovka, who was a big name in Canada's nuclear energy industry, got RW into the elite school which otherwise would not have accepted him.

This article is very good and helps to understand the making of RW - to the degree possible.

This has affected so many people, even beyond the victims and their families and their friends and their neighbours, and the military, and LE, and the lawyers, and those who lived in the neighbourhoods he terrorized.

I think about the neighbours next to his wife's new home... how shaken those folks must feel, knowing how close they came to having that monster in their neighbourhood, and that their children, wives, selves may very well have attracted his attention next. Wonder how welcoming they feel toward her?

In a much more minor way, I think there has been a very real impact on those of us who have only followed the story thru the media, all of us filled with horror and repulsion. I think the immediacy of the very detailed reporting, and the photos and the videos of his police interview, all so readily available on the internet, have allowed many of us a closer glimpse of the face of evil than we've experienced before, and I think that cannot help but change us and how we see the world.

So many people whose lives and perspectives have been altered by the stench that emanates in stinking waves from the depravity of this one despicable man. Just all so utterly sad.

I know this case has affected me deeply, moreso than any other I can remember as of late. If it affected me this much, I can only imagine how deeply affected are the people who knew the victims and loved them.

What a crying shame.

This link to a multipage story in the Globe & Mail tells of RW's early years, gives insight into his parents (Js the stepfather & Nonie the socialite mother) and their dealing with RW and his only sibling, Harvey.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/colonel-russell-williams-the-making-of-a-mystery-man/article1537412/page4/

EXCERPT:

Snip> "...Back in Toronto, his parents decided to send him and brother Harvey to boarding school, choosing one that would have appealed to his more serious sensibilities – Upper Canada College, which has honed young minds from Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff and grocery magnate Galen Weston Jr. to jailed media tycoon Conrad Black.

Although the family had no ties with the elite school for boys, which is expensive and has high standards for enrolment, a family member says Mr. Sovka's impressive CV helped to “persuade” administrators of the children's potential. Russell was assigned a corner room in Wedd's House, one of UCC's dorms, but didn't exactly fit in. ...[snip]

So, here is possibly the beginning of influence which greased the skids for RW to advance in spite of the personality characteristics which should have impeded it. The CV (curriculum vitae) of his step-father, Jerry Sovka, who was a big name in Canada's nuclear energy industry, got RW into the elite school which otherwise would not have accepted him.

This article is very good and helps to understand the making of RW - to the degree possible.

I wonder how that "potential" could have been transmitted to stepchildren. I know that some gifted programs grandfather in siblings, in the belief that genius is genetic.

The conning, the dumbing-down:

"In a bizarre turn of events, the highly educated Williams wrote a note to the girl in the "voice" of a young man. The note was never sent to the girl.

"Beautiful," he wrote. "I'm sorry I took these (her underwear) because I am sentimental to. Don't worry. I didn't mess with them . . . I been doing this for a while. But I am going to stop because my mom will ****ing kill me if I get caught. I started this with a chick I knew from high school called (name omitted) who lives down the road from you. I thought it would be cool to have some of her undies. It seems right I should finish with a special chick like you. If you decide to call the cops tell them I'm sorry for the trouble and they won't here (sic) from me again. Now that I know all about you I think it might be cool to meet you. Maybe younger guys don't turn you on but I think we could be good together."

The note is replete with vulgar references and ends with a detailed list of the break-ins he had committed to that point."

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Ru...uilty+Monday/3687544/story.html#ixzz136osTqXl

It gives some perspective to that statement of his.

I wonder how that "potential" could have been transmitted to stepchildren. I know that some gifted programs grandfather in siblings, in the belief that genius is genetic.

Those here who also posted on the Lachlan Cranswick thread will recall that we had a very open, frank discussion of the possible true relationship between JS and RW. I'll hunt that page and give link in an edit if time permits. If others are speedier than I at that, please feel free to edit it for me.
thanks.

I have hunted in vain for a schedule of RW's assignments and base locations for the period 1999 - 2003. All articles I've seen jump from 1999 to 2004. That is a very critical period and world-changing events occurred during it. In light of RW's expertise in electronic warfare and piloting the C-144 Challenger, I'd really like the specifics of his whereabouts and activities during this period. Strangely, even his original official bio leaves this period unexplained.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

I have not seen a full transcript either. I don't think it exists in the public domain. The redactions, I believe were done by the court, not at the discretion of the newspaper publishers.

That's what redacted means under Canadian Law. It is the process of removing (or blacking out) unwanted or sensitive areas prior to showing it to others (in the case the general public because of the ban that was put in place prior to the hearing). There will never be a full, clean copy of the interview/confession on the internet.

Yeah I was misunderstanding the titles of the articles - I thought they meant that they were publishing the 'redacted' portions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member