GUILTY Canada - Melissa Richmond, 28, stabbed to death, Winchester, Ont, 24 July 2013

I think he was starting his defence very early on.
That whole offering a piece of her jewelry to the man who found her car is creepy.

I believe he knew about the other man and followed her that night.

But if police seemed somewhat suspicious of the man — and officers have testified they were — Richmond had a ready answer.

“I have PTSD,” he told Redmond about two minutes into the interview, adding his brain was a bit “scrambled.”

He mentioned his condition about half a dozen times in the first 15 minutes of the interview.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/10/02/soldier-offers-up-dead-wifes-jewelry

His wife thought he was using PTSD as an excuse - and he still is IMO. Generally people who have mental illnesses don't like to advertise the fact because of the stigma attached to it. It does seem suspicious that he kept bringing it up all the time.

I think he was starting his defence very early on.
That whole offering a piece of her jewelry to the man who found her car is creepy.

I believe he knew about the other man and followed her that night.

Actually I think the fact that he offered the guy a piece of his wife's jewelry might help his defence: it's such a bizarre thing to do, maybe something only a mentally ill person would do?

"What we need you to know is we found a body." Richmond appeared to be overcome.

In a video of that interview played to the court he began to rock back and forth.

His strangled cries pierced the silence of the utilitarian OPP interview room, where Redmond had left him to absorb the news.

Jeff Thornton -- a family friend and Melissa's lover -- entered and cradled Richmond's head as he continued to weep.

By the next day, circumstances had changed once more.

This time Richmond was in an Ottawa Police interview room facing Det. Chris Benson.

"This is now a homicide investigation," he told Richmond.

"Did she suffer?" Richmond asked meekly.

"This is a homicide investigation," Benson repeated. "I'll be honest. She did suffer.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/10/05...ichmond?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I had followed this case closely when M was missing.....I lived in the area at the time and it was big local news. Just catching up on the recent trial.....Howard is claiming PTSD and had no memory of the murder (or apparently following her) until months later? IIRC (and it's been years.....so I could be mis-remembering) but didn't he originally say that M left on her own for a drive (leaving her cell) and he stayed at the house?

Final images of woman before she was killed

They are the last images of Melissa Richmond recorded while she was still alive.

Fuelling up at a Winchester gas station before the final drive of her young life, Richmond, 28, was about to head to South Keys and death.

Because her solider husband, 52-year-old Howard Richmond, would pull in to the rural Pioneer gas station about 10 minutes later on that July 24, 2013 night to top up his own truck before following her to Ottawa and fatally stabbing her

1297757383329_ORIGINAL.jpg

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/10/06...-killed?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I had followed this case closely when M was missing.....I lived in the area at the time and it was big local news. Just catching up on the recent trial.....Howard is claiming PTSD and had no memory of the murder (or apparently following her) until months later? IIRC (and it's been years.....so I could be mis-remembering) but didn't he originally say that M left on her own for a drive (leaving her cell) and he stayed at the house?

Yes he did say that.
I was surprised to hear he now says he went to bed but woke up and was wondering why she wasn't at home. He said he didn't recall her going out.
He must be trying to say he blacked out for many hours.

I was suspecting this once I read that he had offered information regarding a knife he had given to Melissa as a Valentines Day Present. I had wondered if it was her own knife that he used. Especially with regard to how he said she always carried it with her in her purse, yet when her car was located her purse was still on the seat.

""Richmond has admitted to stabbing his wife to death with a screwdriver and a knife he bought as a Valentine’s Day gift.."
http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/soldier-on-trial-for-killing-wife-asked-did-she-suffer

Laurie Fagan ‏@faganl 18m18 minutes ago
knife alleged murder weapon in Melissa Richmond's death found tucked in rafters Richmond basement #ottnews

Laurie Fagan ‏@faganl 14m14 minutes ago
2nd Alleged murder weapon tip broken off found same place knife both wrapped blood stained black clothes #ottnews

weapon.jpg weapon2.jpg

Laurie Fagan ‏@faganl [video=twitter;651804775026176000]https://twitter.com/faganl/status/651804775026176000[/video]
knife alleged murder weapon in Melissa Richmond's death found tucked in rafters Richmond basement #ottnews

Andrew Seymour ‏@andrew_seymour 1h1 hour ago

Melissa Richmond had 6 puncture wounds to head, stab wound to the base of neck, pathologist testifies in murder trial of husband

Stab wound to neck cut Melissa Richmond's windpipe in two. This was fatal wound, pathologist says. Death was not instant.

Pathologist testifies Melissa Richmond may have survived for 'several minutes' after fatal stab wound to the neck

Andrew Seymour ‏@andrew_seymour 1h1 hour ago

Melissa Richmond had 6 puncture wounds to head, stab wound to the base of neck, pathologist testifies in murder trial of husband

Stab wound to neck cut Melissa Richmond's windpipe in two. This was fatal wound, pathologist says. Death was not instant.

Pathologist testifies Melissa Richmond may have survived for 'several minutes' after fatal stab wound to the neck
That prick wanted her to suffer. He purposefully killed her with her own weapons that he bought her.

Absolutely cold blooded and NOTHING to do with PTSD - just like HIDING the evidence in the rafters had NOTHING to do with PTSD.

Grrrrrrrrrr

[emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35]

It would be hard to believe, given his background, that he didn't know she would suffer terribly from this wound before dying, and she would have time to realize what was happening. Who knows what he was saying to her at the time. Well, *he* knows.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

It would be hard to believe, given his background, that he didn't know she would suffer terribly from this wound before dying, and she would have time to realize what was happening. Who knows what he was saying to her at the time. Well, *he* knows.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
I would be interested in hearing about combat training he had.

The severing of her windpipe was very specific and cruel. How would her lungs be affected?

It's infuriating to me - what he did to her.

I seem to recall that she was sexually assaulted. Does anyone remember this - or am I mistaken?

melissa-richmond-melissa-richmonds-body-was-found-in-a-ravi.jpeg

The fatal stab wound to the neck was among more than a dozen puncture or stab wounds to Melissa Richmond’s head, face, neck, chest, back and arms, Milroy said. All of the other wounds were superficial, Milroy said, and wouldn’t have resulted in death.

Some of the wounds to one of her arms and hand appeared to have been suffered as Melissa Richmond attempted to defend herself from what Milroy described as a “sustained” attack.

The puncture wounds were among 40 different wounds Milroy noted on Melissa Richmond during an autopsy and examination he conducted over a two days after her body was discovered in a wooded ravine on July 28, 2013. The other wounds included cuts, bruises and scrapes, Milroy said.

Milroy said Melissa Richmond would have had trouble both speaking and breathing after suffering the stab wound to her windpipe. He couldn’t say what order Melissa Richmond’s wounds were inflicted.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...nt-for-melissa-richmond-pathologist-testifies

So all 40 wounds were superficial and would not have killed her.

Only the final splitting of her windpipe did that.

Deliberate murder , IMO.

May you now rest in peace, Melissa.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2