CANADA Canada - Mistie Murray, 16, Goderich, Ont, 31 May 1995

This case shares so many (too many?) similarities with Christine Harron's disappearance. Same area (a good 1 hour's drive from Goderich to Hanover, where CH was last seen), same age, height and weight, brown curly hair, last seen going to/leaving school, both in May (just over two years apart), body never found. They've charged someone in CH's case (Anthony Ringel), hope they're looking into where he was when Mistie disappeared as well.

Looking into it further...
Anthony Ringel appears to have grown up in Chesley, Ontario, born 1968. Not sure where he went to high school.

Chesley is
--approximately 1 hour from where Lois Hanna went missing in Kincardine, Ontario, July 3 1988 (25, brown curly hair, 5'4, 119lbs, never found)
--approximately 1 hour from where Lisa Maas went missing in Woodford, Ontario, July 17 1988 (22, dark blonde, shoulder length straight hair, 4'10, 96lbs, never found) *her parents lived south of Chatsworth, about 30min from Chesley
--20 minutes from where Christine Harron went missing in Hanover, Ontario, May 18 1993 (15, brown curly hair, 5'5, 110lbs, never found)
--approximately 1 hour from where Mistie Murray went missing in Goderich, Ontario, May 31 1995 (16, brown curly hair, 5'3-5'4, 115lbs, never found)

Not sure how that would sit with a global audience, but as someone who grew up in the area and knows that this is a basically a collection of villages in a relatively remote area, I would say this is strange.

I'd somehow ruled it out due to the perp's level of sophistication, though due to Mistie Murray's case, and just living there, I know that (unfortunately) some LE and related bureaucracy are primitive (to say the least..potentially even counteractive, one of the main investigators, who'd suggested for years that Mistie's father was molesting her, was tried in court for similar charges). To sum it up, LE isn't the sharpest tool in the shed here. Here, if you can't...be a cop.

It may be a stretch, or not, that all of these cases are ignored due to negligence. Mistie Murray's was an obvious flub, as well as Christine Harron's...only a few thousand people adverse to it in a remote place in cottage country, with some police chiefs due for retirement...hohumm...

I wonder if she made her way to the Downtown Eastside in Vancouver and was one of Robert Pickton's many nameless victims. Horrible thought, but not impossible.

I think it's unlikely that she travelled that far. The area of Ontario she disappeared from makes me think that it's more likely that she was taken to IL or MI than to BC. That's if she was taken out of the 25km area that she was last seen.

Is there any information regarding her behavior prior to her last day?

I know there is rumblings regarding her mental state. Keeping in mind she was a 16 year old girl...

Robin Warder from the podcast, “the trail went cold” just released a podcast on Mistie. Hopefully this podcast brings Misties case back to the news.

'' Mistie Murray was last seen on May 31, 1995 in Goderich, ON. At the time of her disappearance, Mistie had a space between her two upper teeth and a mole on her right cheek.

If you have any information regarding Mistie's disappearance please call 1-866-KID-TIPS(543-8477) or the Huron OPP Detachment at 519-524-8314.
MISSING PLEASE HELP

Mistie Murray​

Missing Youth
view_image

view_image

DESCRIPTION​

Missing From
Goderich, ON
Missing Since
May 31, 1995
Date of Birth
October 28, 1978
Height
5'4"
Weight
115lbs
Hair Colour
Dark Brown
Eye Colour
Hazel
IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THIS YOUTH,
visit missingkids.ca or call 1-866-KID-TIPS (543-8477)
OR CALL HURON OPP AT 519-524-8314

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back