CANADA Canada - Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 Media, Maps,Timeline, No Discussion

This is a pencil sketch of what I think the layout could be. It's rough, so if we can refine it, then I can try to map it out in Revit. The lot is 50 wide by 150 deep. It is 8 meters, or 24 feet, from the side door to the parking pad.

This is the front elevation:

The house is a crime scene, so understanding the floor plan helps make sense of what happened.

Something like this

Armchair detectives trying to crack missing persons case on web forum

More than 2,000 messages posted so far
BY DYLAN ROBERTSON, CALGARY HERALD JULY 13, 2014 10:20 AM

As news helicopters circle over an Airdrie area acreage and investigators comb the scene, online forum poster “Otto” uploads a labelled topography map.

“The small boxes are the buildings,” he writes. Shortly after, a stranger named “Mrsguest” puts the address through a property search and links it to a business.

snip

She’s among scores of amateur online sleuths, who have collectively posted over 2,000 anonymous messages related to the case on the forum websleuths.com. Users have deciphered police statements, used clever search tricks and pieced together family trees and timelines.

Launched in 1999 for strangers to follow the JonBenet Ramsey case in the United States, the forum now nets over 65,000 users, half of whom log on almost daily. The site is among a handful dedicated to following and probing unsolved crime and missing-persons cases across North America.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/a...issing+persons+case+forum/10026298/story.html

Nathan O'Brien Amber Alert: Final search of Liknes home ends
Following final sweep of the Liknes property Saturday, police say nothing more to do there
Posted: Jul 13, 2014 11:18 AM MT

After multiple searches of the home where three Calgary family members were last seen, police say they have ended the investigation into the Parkhill property and are returning it to the family.

Five-year-old Nathan O'Brien was last seen at the home belonging to his grandparents, Kathy and Alvin Liknes, on June 29. The three were discovered missing the following morning when Nathan's mother arrived to pick him up from a sleepover.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...-search-of-liknes-home-ends-1.2705634?cmp=rss

Brother says search for missing Calgary trio has gone ‘really quiet’

As the search for a missing boy and his grandparents reached the two-week mark Sunday, a close family member said he fears the worst as the investigation into their disappearance appears to have turned “really quiet.”

snip

Over the weekend, police performed a “final sweep” of the Parkhill property before releasing it Sunday morning. No other clues about progress in their investigation were provided but searches were scheduled to continue at Calgary’s Spyhill Landfill and an Airdrie acreage owned by the parents of investigators’ lone person of interest, Douglas Garland.

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/10...r-missing-calgary-trio-has-gone-really-quiet/

BREAKING
Nathan O'Brien Amber Alert: Douglas Garland back in custody

Search continues for five-year-old, Alvin and Kathryn Liknes more than 2 weeks after disappearance
CBC News Posted: Jul 14, 2014 10:56 AM MT

Douglas Garland, named as a person of interest in the disappearance of a missing five-year-old boy and his grandparents, is back in police custody, CBC News has learned.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ert-douglas-garland-back-in-custody-1.2706455

Amber Alert: Family of missing Calgary trio told ‘person of interest’ rearrested by police
July 14, 2014

Randy Prevost, Kathryn’s brother, said police detectives have confirmed to the family that Douglas Garland has been rearrested.

Prevost told Metro Monday morning family was “flabbergasted” by the news.

“It’s not really a relief … I’ll put it that way,” he said. “It just reaffirms what we might have thought . . . I guess we’re just going to see what comes out of this right now.”

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/10...told-person-of-interest-rearrested-by-police/

Murder charges in Calgary disappearances of Alvin and Kathy Liknes, Nathan 'Obrien

Murder charges are expected to be laid today in the disappearances of a Calgary boy and his grandparents, more than two weeks after they went missing.

Police have re-arrested a man who had been a person of interest in the mysterious disappearance of five-year-old Nathan O’Brien and his grandparents Alvin and Kathryn Liknes, and he’s now facing three murder charges, despite no bodies being found.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/07/1...calgary-familys-disappearance-back-in-custody

Case of missing Calgary family now a homicide investigation

CALGARY – The man police have called a ‘person of interest’ in the mysterious disappearance of a Calgary boy and his grandparents will be charged with murder.

Douglas Garland was arrested around 1:30 a.m. on Monday near Airdrie, as the search for five-year-old Nathan O’Brien and his grandparents, Alvin and Kathryn Liknes turned into a homicide investigation.

“Yesterday when [investigators] had their regular meeting to review their evidence, it was determined that it was clear at that point that this was no longer a missing persons investigation,” explained Calgary Police Chief Rick Hanson.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1449500/person-of-interest-in-missing-family-case-re-arrested/

Murder charges pending in Calgary missing persons case: police
Last Updated Monday, July 14, 2014 6:14PM EDT

CALGARY -- Murder charges are pending in the mysterious case of a missing Calgary boy and his grandparents with police saying there's strong evidence to suggest they're dead even though their bodies have not been found.
Calgary police Chief Rick Hanson told reporters a man was arrested early Monday, but couldn't be identified until he appeared before a justice of the peace on the charges later in the day or early Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/murder-cha...g-persons-case-police-1.1913285#ixzz37UHMwkjV

Douglas Garland to be charged with murder of Nathan O'Brien and grandparents
Amber Alert lifted but bodies of 5-year-old boy, grandparents Alvin and Kathy Liknes not found

Sources have confirmed that Garland, who was taken into police custody earlier today, will facing two first-degree murder charges in the deaths of Kathy and Alvin Liknes and a second-degree murder charge in the death of their five-year-old grandson, Nathan O'Brien.

snip

He said first-degree murder charges will be laid in the deaths of the grandparents, and a second-degree murder charge will be laid in the death of five-year-old Nathan.

"We are putting a very complex case before the courts," said Hanson, adding police are very confident with the evidence.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...-of-nathan-o-brien-and-grandparents-1.2706455

Transcript of Calgary Police Service Media Availability re O'Brien/Liknes Case

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...-of-nathan-o-brien-and-grandparents-1.2706455

http://globalnews.ca/news/1449500/person-of-interest-in-missing-family-case-re-arrested/

This is a rough draft and all errors are my own.
This is not an official transcript, nor is it connected to any of the participants.

Police Chief Rick Hanson = RH

RH: I want to start this media availability by once again our sincere and heartfelt condolences to Jennifer and Rod O'Brien, and all members of the Liknes family. I cannot imagine how difficult and painful the last two weeks have been.

It's been two weeks to the day since the disappearance of Nathan O'Brien and Kathryn and Alvin Liknes. We have arrested a man in relation to what has been an extremely challenging and heart-wrenching investigation.

At approximately 1:30 a.m. today, officers arrested a man in the Airdrie area. He's currently in custody and charges of two counts of first degree murder and one count of second degree murder are pending. Until he has seen a justice of the peace, I am prohibited from releasing his identity.

The Amber Alert in relation to this file has been discontinued, however, the bodies of the three victims have not been found, and we continue to ask people to come forward with any information they may have. Most importantly, we ask rural property and business owners to please search their properties for anything suspicious.

We know that this community has been anxious for answers to an investigation that has gripped the city for the last two weeks. There are still many questions left to be answered, however, due to charges before the courts, I can't release those details, and the investigation continues.

We wish to thank the public and the media for their assistance. We have had more than nine hundred tips come in. This level of public support and engagement has never been seen before in previous investigations of this magnitude. I'd also like to acknowledge and thank the more than two hundred officers, analysts, and investigators who have worked this file nonstop for the past two weeks. This has included uniform members, specialty investigative units, and our search partners with Calgary Search and Rescue, and the R.C.M.P.

As this matter will now be before the courts, I'm limited in what I can say, but I will answer any questions that I can.

Reporter: Why did this investigation take so long?

RH: An investigation, as you will recall, this investigation started with very little information. You remember one of the first press conferences we had, it was referred to as a mystery. This investigation, led by Staff Sgt. [Doug] Andrus and Doug Anderson's teams of officers over in Major Crimes [Section] has been a painstaking investigation. It has been pursuing 900 tips plus investigative leads that have been forthcoming.

Our Forensic Crime Scenes Unit has been absolutely meticulous in going over the scene and any piece of evidence we have. This file has been built piece by piece by piece by piece. If somebody out there is thinking that there's one piece that's the smoking gun, one piece of information that has led to a break in the case, I'm here to tell you that has been a compilation of an immense investigation. And, during the course of this investigation, every day the investigators have met and discussed the information--the new information, the new leads, the new evidence--and assessed that information relative to this file.

And I don't want anybody to lose sight of the fact that there were three people that were missing on Day One. We have to assume that there's--whatever that is, whatever the small likelihood is, that someone, somewhere was keeping one of those three people alive. So we will always err to the side of caution, so we meticulously, the officers involved put this file together until yesterday afternoon, in a meeting with the Crown Prosecutor who was assigned to the case, and in reviewing all the evidence in its entirety, the decision was reached that this is now a homicide investigation, and that charges would be appropriate against the accused individual that will be named later.

Reporter: How do you know they're dead, sir?

RH: The preponderance of evidence is such that it has led our investigators to believe that they are dead. Hence, two counts of first degree murder, and one count of second degree murder.

Reporter: Can you set--can you extend the time line from the last media availability because then there was confidence that they were still believed to be alive. Can you talk about when the evidence came in where it turned out to be a murder investigation?

RH: What I can tell you is that every day evidence was coming in as our officers conducted their investigation, and every day it was assessed. And, until we had evidence that absolutely convinced all of us that the family was dead, that we were proceeding with the belief that if there was even a small likelihood that we would find somebody alive, we were gonna move our investigation based on that. As I'm sure anybody would if it was your family.

Yesterday, when they had their regular meeting to review the evidence, and assess that evidence, in consultation with the Crown, it was determined that it was clear at that point that this was no longer a missing persons investigation, this was a homicide investigation.

Reporter Scrum
Reporter: Where are you focusing your search efforts? Are you still searching the rural property in Airdrie? Are you still searching landfills?

RH: As you may have noted in my prepared statement, we are asking for the assistance of anybody who is on an acreage, anybody who's a business person, oil companies that have access to land to continue to be vigilant in looking for anything that's unusual. So, if somebody expects our search to be limited to one particular small area, we are not gonna limit ourselves to that. We are going to tell people out there be alert, be vigilant, if you see something you know wasn't right on your property, that it's different or that it could be suspicious, give us a call.

Reporter How confident are you that the evidence gathered in this case is very strong?

RH: Very confident.

Reporter: What is it that makes you feel confident?

RH: There is no single piece of evidence that will be what people would like to think is a smoking gun. Investigations of this magnitude are literally dozens and dozens, over two hundred people, each involved, officers each involved in doing a particular part of the investigation and meticulously pulling pieces of information together that supports a charge in this case. So, if you're looking for one piece of information, let me tell you that when the evidence comes forward you will see the meticulousness, the thoroughness of this investigation. And, I'm not going to jeopardize the file by rolling out individual pieces of evidence. Suffice to say that this, the officers in this case, the investigators, the support services, the different investigative teams, our covert assets, everybody, every officer, every person, every analyst involved in this investigation contributed in some small way to pulling these pieces of information together. They finally, as of yesterday, removed all doubt that it was a missing persons file and supported our now firmly held belief that it's a homicide, and led to the charges of first degree murder in two cases and second degree murder for a third charge.

Reporter: Was this based on evidence that was picked up Airdrie? You haven't quite said exactly what you…

RH: Well, what I have said is that I'm prohibited from saying who's been charged until the charges have been laid, and we expect those charges to be laid later on this afternoon. Once those charges have been laid, then we can identify the individual.

Reporter: Can you tell us if he's being co-operative?

RH: I can't say.

Reporter: Do police believe that these victims die right after they disappeared, or was there a lengthy period of time before they actually died?

RH: We are, we are putting a very complex case before the courts, a very complex case before the courts. We are not going to get into pieces and parts of information that could at some point in time jeopardize this prosecution down the road. You know, when the police do an investigation and charges are laid, that's only the beginning.

We have to be cognizant of the fact that the prosecution requires us to maintain carriage of that evidence until it's put before the courts. So, today, I know there's lots of questions that people have, lots of questions that you have, lots of questions that the people in the community have. The reality is, we cannot release, we cannot go through those parts of evidence, those pieces of evidence that have led to the charge. Suffice to say that we and the Crown are satisfied that the preponderance of evidence we've collected in its entirety supports the charges that will be laid later today.

Reporter: Are you looking at laying charges against anybody else?

RH: At this point in time, we're charging one person later on this afternoon.

Reporter: Are there any other charges charges possibly pending against him other than these three?

RH: I can tell you this. Any time there's a homicide of this magnitude, we would be remiss if we didn't look at every file that we have outstanding. At this point in time there are only those charges that relate to this file.

Reporter: Chief, what can you say about the circumstances of the arrest? Was this a product of investigators coming up with the evidence and deciding it was time to move, or was there a particular incident that sparked his apprehension. There were reports that he'd been removed from a premises, and so I was just wondering if you could add any clarity to that.

RH: The only clarity I can add is that the evidence that was collected allowed our officers to know, to form the belief, in consultation with the Crown, that the evidence was sufficient to arrest. And circumstances early this morning presented that opportunity to make the arrest, and that arrest was done at approximately 1:30 this morning.

Reporter: Do you have a better understanding of the motive? Or what you think may have motivated these murders?

RH: Motive? Anything to do with motive will be part of the evidence that's presented at trial.

Reporter: Are you looking for any other suspects?

RH: No.

Reporter: Can you elaborate on items or perhaps the blood samples that were taken from the Liknes home? I know you were waiting on test results, official results. Can you comment on the results if you have them?

RH: No, I can't.

Reporter: Why two counts of first degree and one count of third degree?

RH: OK. What I can explain to you is this. I'll explain generally why first degree murder charges are laid.

First degree murder charges are generally laid when you can show pre-intent.

Reporter: Pre-intent?

RH: Somebody formed the intent. And in second degree murder charges, that pre-intent, the intent to commit the act, may not be there in sufficient grounds to justify a first degree murder charge.

Reporter: Can you say who the charges relate to, in terms of are the first degree charges in relation to the grandparents and the second degree charges to child? Can you explain how that...

RH: The first degree murder charges will be laid on the Likneses. The second degree on the child.

Reporter: You've given condolences to the family. Do you have anything to say to them now? I mean, this is partially solved in their minds about, you know-- What can you say to them about finishing this off? It remains unclosed to them, I know.

RH: Sure it will be. Absolutely it will be. And our efforts will continue to be on the investigation. After charges are laid, it doesn't necessarily mean the investigation stops. There are other pieces of this file that have to be followed up, and our efforts to locate the bodies of the three deceased is obviously a big part of what we're hoping to do at some point in time be able to address.

Reporter: Are you still gonna hold the landfills that you are searching, or are you gonna just focus on Airdrie and asking people to look and check their property?

RH: Right now the investigators are still making investigative decisions on what they see as the best needs of the investigation, so they will make those calls as they see fit.

Reporter: How's the family doing?

RH: You know, it's extremely tragic. It's devastated them. We've kept them apprised the whole time. I think it's safe to say that even as the days went by there's always a hope, there's always a glimmer of hope. And, unfortunately, with the laying of the charges, we've taken that hope away from the family. So they are devastated.

Reporter: Chief, are you optimistic that you will find the bodies in this case?

RH: I'll always remain optimistic that we will be relentless in pursuing every lead. If we continue to get help from the community, if we continue to have folks that are alert to any changes or anything unusual that they see on their property, we remain optimistic that we may be able to put closure to that part of this file.

Reporter: Sorry, but when will the person who was arrested first appear in court?

RH: I can't say for sure, but the charges will be laid today so I don't know. I suspect it will be tomorrow, but I can't say 100% for sure.

Reporter: In light of any evidence that you have, is there any indication that the suspect would help you these bodies and help give the family some closure?

RH:: I can't speculate on, on what a suspect or an accused person may do or not do.

Reporter: Would that be what you would ultimately want?

RH: Ultimately what we want, is we want is to be able to find the bodies so that the family can have the final closure on this.

CPS PR: OK. Are there any other questions?

Reporter 1: Was he arrested at a motel?

Reporter 2: Have you spoken to Douglas Garland already? Can you give us any indication as his level, not just of co-operation but the idea that he may at some point tell you what happened to those bodies at ..

RH: You know, at this point in time we can't even confirm the identity of the person that was arrested. And, sorry, your question?

Reporter: Was he arrested at a hotel in Airdrie?

RH: It wasn't at a hotel in Airdrie. It was on property that was close to the, in the vicinity of the acreage.

CPS PR Officer: Any other questions?

RH: Are there any other questions from anybody? Thanks very much.

Douglas Garland arrives to be charged with murder of Nathan O'Brien and grandparents
Charges are expected to be formally laid on Tuesday

CBC News Posted: Jul 14, 2014 10:56 AM MT Last Updated: Jul 15, 2014 5:27 AM MT

douglas-garland.jpg

Douglas Garland, the man suspected in the murders of three Calgary family members who vanished two weeks ago, has arrived at the Calgary Police Service arrest processing unit to face multiple murder charges.

He is expected to be formally charged later Tuesday.

snip

Garland, who was taken into police custody on Monday, is facing two first-degree murder charges in the deaths of Kathy and Alvin Liknes, and a charge of second-degree murder in the death of their five-year-old grandson, Nathan O’Brien.

Garland declined to answer any questions from reporters as police led him handcuffed from a van into the processing unit.

Kathryn Liknes, Nathan O'Brien and Alvin Liknes
Nathan O'Brien, centre, and his grandparents, Kathy and Alvin Liknes, have not been seen since June 29. Police believe there is enough evidence to say they have been murdered, but their bodies have not been recovered.
Earlier on Monday, Chief Rick Hanson indicated that police believe the three family members are dead even though their bodies have not been found.

Douglas Garland charged with murder of Nathan O'Brien, Kathy and Alvin Liknes

The 54-year-old hung his head and said nothing to the cameras on his way into the Calgary arrest processing unit.

He was arrested early Monday morning at a property near the Airdrie acreage that has been at the centre of the investigation.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...than-o-brien-kathy-and-alvin-liknes-1.2707268

Raw video of DG in shackles at link^^^

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...than-o-brien-kathy-and-alvin-liknes-1.2707268

Douglas Garland arrives handcuffed at processing centre. Through the questions, DG walks towards then into the centre.

This is a rough draft of the transcript, it is not an official transcript.
It is not connected with any of the participants.
Any errors are my own.

Reporter: Mr. Garland, can you tell us what happened to Nathan O'Brien and his grandparents?

DG silent

Reporter: Can you tell us where they are?

DG silent

Reporter: Do you plan to help police find Nathan O'Brien and return him to his parents?

DG silent

Reporter: Do you have anything at all that you'd like to say?

DG silent

Reporter: Mr. Garland, do you want to make any comment?

DG silent

Reporter: Mr. Garland, do you have anything you want to say to Nathan O'Brien's parents?
Where is Nathan O'Brien?

DG silent

Reporter: Do you have any comment?

DG silent

Transcript of Interview regarding Douglas Garland charges.
This is a rough draft of the transcript, it is not an official transcript.
It is not connected with any of the participants.
Any errors are my own.

Kevin Bryan = KB

Anchor: Our next guest says prosecuting a multiple homicide case without human remains presents some challenges.
Kevin Bryan was a forensic detective with the York Regional Police in Ontario for sixteen years until his retirement in 2011, and Kevin Brian joins us now, so thank you for your time here. When we are talking about a case where there are murder charges but no bodies, how difficult is that to do?

KB: It can be very difficult. However, the police are not laying these charges without extensive consolation with the prosecutors in this case, so I'm pretty confident that they have information, evidence that two things. Number one, all three of the missing parties are deceased. And, number two, that the accused is the one responsible for these homicides. Otherwise, there would not--even though we're missing the bodies--no charges would be laid until that evidence exists.

What evidence might that be? I would anticipate or suspect that there was some blood at the scene, at their--if the police are releasing information that there was, in fact, a struggle at the scene. So I would imagine that DNA would have been gleaned from the scene. Maybe from one of the missing persons, maybe from all three of the missing persons.

Blood spatter evidence would have been, a blood spatter expert would have been attended to the residence of the Liknes home and done an analysis there to determine what may have been caused, what may have caused the deaths of these three people. If, in fact, that's where the homicides took place. Although it might just have been a struggle, the persons abducted and then killed somewhere else.

Anchor: Why lay charges now, though? If, we know Douglas Garland was arrested, and charged in a case that had nothing to do with the disappearance of the Likneses and Nathan O'Brien. He was released on Friday, and then he's arrested a few days later. So, is there something with that timing?

KB: There may be. The actual initial arrest could have been on the unrelated charges. The evidence was not there at that time for them to proceed with the charges. Was he released from custody on a bail? I'm sure as soon as he was released that surveillance was put upon this person. He would have been the subject of both physical surveillance -- in other words, a surveillance team following him around as well as electronic surveillance. I have--from working previous cases-- I have no doubt that that took place. Did he go somewhere? Did he do something in that two days, or three days that he was out of custody that actually secured that last piece of evidence that the police needed to move forward to with the charges.

The police aren't gonna tell us that, and we're not gonna know that, unfortunately maybe not until the trial, because I don't suspect the bail hearing will--there'll be a publication ban on that as well as the preliminary hearing if in fact there is one, of course. So, we may not know what the information is for some time.

Anchor: He is accused of these crimes, so police believe that he's committed them. He would know where the bodies are then. How do they get that information from the accused?

KB: The accused is under no obligation to tell them, OK, so how would they get that information? It might be through some search warrants. Now that he's been arrested, they may be able to now access search warrants that they weren't able to get prior to enough evidence being obtained to show that there is reasonable grounds to think he committed those offences. So, with search warrants of his cellular phone, assuming he has one, most everybody does, maybe a GPS tracker in his vehicle, that type of thing, they may, may be able to follow the paths of his cell phone previous and the activity around the time of the abduction or removal of the bodies and locate them there. Other than that they're gonna have to hope he comes up and confesses as to where they are. And watching him on TV, fthat might be unlikely.

Anchor: Mmhmm, mmhmm. Is there something that could be offered to him to for instance for him to be involved, to actually help them find the body?

KB: There could be. I mean there's, there's always a chance of a , there's always the chance of a plea bargain being arranged at some later date to tell where the bodies are. There, there-- It's nothing we'd want to hear about.it's nothing we want to hear about, it's nothing we want to see happen. But it certainly could be. You know, he might plead guilty to three, three counts of second degree murder instead of first degree murder.

I mean, to lay a, to lay a charge of first degree murder--I mean, that tells us right away and especially it's kind of unusual they would lay two counts of first degree and one count of second degree. That's kind of unusual. Which tells me, I , we could speculate a little bit that one of two things happened.

When he went there, it's assumed that the police theory is that he went there that night to abduct and murder the two, the couple, not expecting to find the grandson, Nathan there, and so there was no premeditation with regards to the murder of Nathan. Secondly, first degree murder is also a--there's a schedule of offences that if a homicide takes place during the commission of these offences, first degree murder is a proper offence. One of them is kidnapping and the other one is forcible confinement. That's another one. There's. there's some others too, but those are two.

So, maybe there was forcible confinement of the couple, however they took their grandson with them. There was really no forcible confinement there. That's why it was a second degree murder charge. So it's very unusual that the charges are laid two counts of first and one of second. Especially without the bodies.

And the bodies hold so much of the evidence. Their gonna hold the time of death, or some information which may lead to the time of death. And, more important, the cause of death. How did these people die?

Now there may be blood spatter evidence at the scene, at the Liknes home, or in the vehicle or some other location tied to Garland that can tell them the cause of death, the weapon that was used through the blood spatter evidence. That is possible as well.

Anchor: But the bodies would help.

KB: But the bodies hold so much of the evidence. It's very dramatic not to have the bodies and to try and proceed.

Anchor: OK, Kevin. Thank you for your insight. We appreciate it. Kevin Bryan, retired forensic detective with York Regional Police here in Ontario.

Local volunteers join search effort for missing family
Green balloons released in Parkhill to show support

More than 100 volunteers formed a search party that fanned out across Airdrie Tuesday evening in the hopes of finding the bodies of a missing five-year-old boy and his grandparents.

It was among several signs of support that rippled across the Calgary area as the region dealt with the devastating news that police believe Alvin and Kathryn Liknes, and their grandson Nathan O’Brien, were murdered.

Douglas Robert Garland, 54, was formally charged with two counts of first-degree murder and a single count of second-degree murder after the trio vanished from the Likneses’ Parkhill home two weeks ago. He’s expected to appear in court Wednesday.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/c...rch+effort+missing+family/10032897/story.html

Photos: Nathan O’Brien’s family, neighbours release green balloons as a symbol of hope

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/10...ly-neighbours-release-balloons-in-his-honour/

Douglas Garland has business, personal ties to Nathan O'Brien's family
54-year-old has criminal past

Last Updated: Jul 16, 2014 6:33 AM ET

Police have confirmed they are investigating a business relationship between Garland and Alvin Liknes.

"There are some business issues that we are looking into," Calgary Police Service spokesperson Kevin Brookwell said on July 10.

"I can't get into specifics about what these are and who was involved, what they look like or how many people were involved. But yes, we have got a number of people who are looking into that."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/dougl...cmp=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back