CANADA Canada - Nick, 55, & Lisa Masee, 39, North Vancouver, 11 Aug 1994

Bump. Interesting case. I read about it when visiting Vancouver in summer 2019. I came across an article for the 25th anniversary, which I believe that someone has linked above.

The Doe Network: Case File 1225DFBC
Case File 1225DFBC
LMasee.jpg

Masee, circa 1994

Lisa Mo Masee
Missing since August 10, 1994 from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Classification: Endangered Missing
Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: August 11, 1955
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 39 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 168 cm (5'6"); 58 kg (130 lbs)
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Asian female (Chinese). Black hair; brown eyes.
    • Other: Her maiden name is Mo Yin HO. She speaks English and Mandarin.
Circumstances of Disappearance
On the evening of 1994 August 10, Lisa and Nick Masee were to meet with an unknown person regarding a $10 Million business deal. It is not known if this meeting took place. They were last seen in a lounge in the Westin Bayshore. The couple were reported missing the next day. They have had no contact with any family or friends since this time.
Their house was left unlocked. Nick's unlocked Chrysler LeBaron convertible was parked in the driveway. Inside the house, the Masees' cat was found left unfed for about nine days. There was no sign of a struggle
Homicide investigators believe Nick and Lisa were abducted and killed a short time later. Their bodies have never been found. Police believe organized crime is involved in their disappearance.
In the past, the couple often travelled to Hawaii, Grand Cayman Islands, and the Netherlands. Lisa worked as a hairdresser at the Yokoi hair salon on Cambie Street in Vancouver. The couple had no children.

Masee.jpg

Lisa and Nick Masee, circa 1994

1088DMBC - Nicholas Gerard Jacques Masee (doenetwork.org)
1088DMBC - Nicholas Gerard Jacques Masee
NMasee.jpg

Masee, circa 1994

''Name: Nicholas Gerard Jacques Masee
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: August 10, 1994
Location Last Seen: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Physical Description
Date of Birth: January 12, 1939
Race: White
Height: 170 cm (5'7")
Weight: 73 kg (160 lbs)
Hair Color: Greying blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: He speaks English and Dutch.

Identifiers
Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
On the evening of 1994 August 10, Nick and Lisa Masee were to meet with an unknown person regarding a $10 Million business deal. It is not known if this meeting took place. They were last seen in a lounge in the Westin Bayshore. The couple were reported missing the next day. They have had no contact with any family or friends since this time.

Their house was left unlocked. Nick's unlocked Chrysler LeBaron convertible was parked in the driveway. Inside the house, the Masees' cat was found left unfed for about nine days. There was no sign of a struggle

Homicide investigators believe Nick and Lisa were abducted and killed a short time later. Their bodies have never been found. Police believe organized crime is involved in their disappearance.

In the past, the couple often travelled to Hawaii, Grand Cayman Islands, and the Netherlands.

Nick had worked for the Bank of Montreal as a Private account manager for 37 years, until his retirement in 1994 January. Since that time he has worked as a stock promoter for Centre Point Equities and was a director for Turbodyne Technologies.

Nick was born in Holland. He is described as an amiable, social, non-aggressive person. Nick and Lisa has no children. Nick has two grown children from a previous marriage.''

Hello
New to the site and this case and from Vancouver. Is there any information as to who Nick and Lisa's former wife and husband are/were ? I see two accounts of Lisa owning a hair salon one on Main street and one on Cambie Street.?

Hello
New to the site and this case and from Vancouver. Is there any information as to who Nick and Lisa's former wife and husband are/were ? I see two accounts of Lisa owning a hair salon one on Main street and one on Cambie Street.?
Welcome to Ws @westminer!
'' Lisa worked as a hairdresser at the Yokoi hair salon on Cambie Street in Vancouver.''

I question Turbodyne industries involvement in their disapearance as this type of technology is would be like investing in goldmines. Is the company ligit.
A theory I have is "in the business of oil reclaimation (oil furnace tank leak soil reclaimation) was a scam linked with Turbodyne industries . Their bodies could easily be buried deep and unnoticed as these types of excavations can be very deep.
Could the investor have been killed by additional party(s)
Also on post 19 (post by Greg T.) states Lisa was at her MAIN st salon..????
Who took over the salon(s).?
I hope I am helping.

Jeremy Shepherd Aug 15, 2014
North Vancouver's Nick and Lisa Masee missing for 20 yrs

1708575835719.png
''Nick had recently retired after 37 years at the Bank of Montreal and gone to work as a stock promoter and director for Turbodyne Technologies, a company specializing in low-emission diesel technology.

The company eventually got the attention of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, which leveled fines on Turbodyne based on a string of misleading press releases in the late 1990s.

On Aug. 10, 1994 the Masees were scheduled to discuss a California businessman's proposal to invest $10 million in Turbodyne over dinner at Trader Vic's the night before the couple went missing''.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back