GUILTY Canada - Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia, Ont, 31 Dec 2012 - #4

seems to only have been there a couple days hhmmm

remember the picture that AC took and the ones I took were about 9 to 10 days apart and mine were taken after the police had been there so they may have removed the fence for various reasons.... just a thought really.

remember the picture that AC took and the ones I took were about 9 to 10 days apart and mine were taken after the police had been there so they may have removed the fence for various reasons.... just a thought really.

Is an odd place for it to be in the first place,, i suppose if was right beside crime scene i imagine would be evidence on it. What is the next court appearance for?

I know people have said this before, but I wanted to give my own opinion as well. As a local, I too feel completely different about our town. I am always locking my doors when I drive now, as well as my house doors when I pop out for a quick second to get some milk from the corner store.

While I realize that every town and city has had murders, our town was not an unsafe place to be....Sure, there is an over-abundance of drug use in this town, and bar fights etc.....and yes we've had the murder last year of a woman in the well-off North End by her "accused" husband, and another murder of a woman a few years ago out in the country (again, by her "accused" husband), and who could forget Jeremy Molitor murdering his girlfriend a decade ago...but THIS event that happened with NP feels completely different.....it was unprevoked, (and when I say that, I mean it wasn't by someone she had a beef with, or involving a drug deal gone bad, or her trying to defend a burgurlar entering her home etc.....). This was simply a sick act of two people attacking and murdering a woman they found on the street.

And BECAUSE of the different circumstances surrounding THIS murder, I think it has left everyone fearful that it could have been them, and maybe if there's a next time....it might be them.

I know even though I am obsessed with WS, and everything surrounding her case (and I consider myself a strong hard person), this has shaken me to the point where I was scared to put my garbage out last week....scared to walk from my front door to my car....scared to talk to anyone on the street....for who knows if they too are fetlife freaks who are scoping out a victim.

Of course, the child abductions of recent have not helped the situation.....but I must say, this town has a dark cloud over it..as silly as that may sound for a town of 73,000 people.....but it does NOT feel the same.

I myself, will be leaving this town this year, and going somewhere that is not plagued by horrendous drug use, a "low life" feeling in certain parts of the town, and somewhere that I feel safer. I know no where is 100% safe, but this town is changed forever...and I honestly want nothing to do with it anymore. That's my two cents, and I'm sure there are lots of others who feel the same (tons of students...when they graduate, they always say they want to leave Sarnia and never look back). I completely agree.

JMO...there is no such place, drugs and crime go hand in hand and is found everywhere.

I know people have said this before, but I wanted to give my own opinion as well. As a local, I too feel completely different about our town. I am always locking my doors when I drive now, as well as my house doors when I pop out for a quick second to get some milk from the corner store.

While I realize that every town and city has had murders, our town was not an unsafe place to be....Sure, there is an over-abundance of drug use in this town, and bar fights etc.....and yes we've had the murder last year of a woman in the well-off North End by her "accused" husband, and another murder of a woman a few years ago out in the country (again, by her "accused" husband), and who could forget Jeremy Molitor murdering his girlfriend a decade ago...but THIS event that happened with NP feels completely different.....it was unprevoked, (and when I say that, I mean it wasn't by someone she had a beef with, or involving a drug deal gone bad, or her trying to defend a burgurlar entering her home etc.....). This was simply a sick act of two people attacking and murdering a woman they found on the street.

And BECAUSE of the different circumstances surrounding THIS murder, I think it has left everyone fearful that it could have been them, and maybe if there's a next time....it might be them.

I know even though I am obsessed with WS, and everything surrounding her case (and I consider myself a strong hard person), this has shaken me to the point where I was scared to put my garbage out last week....scared to walk from my front door to my car....scared to talk to anyone on the street....for who knows if they too are fetlife freaks who are scoping out a victim.

Of course, the child abductions of recent have not helped the situation.....but I must say, this town has a dark cloud over it..as silly as that may sound for a town of 73,000 people.....but it does NOT feel the same.

I myself, will be leaving this town this year, and going somewhere that is not plagued by horrendous drug use, a "low life" feeling in certain parts of the town, and somewhere that I feel safer. I know no where is 100% safe, but this town is changed forever...and I honestly want nothing to do with it anymore. That's my two cents, and I'm sure there are lots of others who feel the same (tons of students...when they graduate, they always say they want to leave Sarnia and never look back). I completely agree.

WOW,,, what area do you live in in this city? JMO but you have spooked yourself lol maybe take a break from reading this for a bit. Sarnia is very safe theres very little crime here and drugs are rampid everywhere. I just moved here 2 years ago from London and if you want to see drugs go there. I am not into kinky stuff but fetlife is a site im sure is taking a bad rap for no reason, they are into fetishes and those people like spankings and kinky stuff with thier partners. They are not monsters looking to harm or hurt people that dont want the same. Although its not my scene at all,, what people do in thier bedrooms is NOT anyones buisness. They happened to meet on that site and are extreme "cases" have you seen how many crimes and people been harmed on sites like craigslist? I love Sarnia its awsome here and i have never felt unsafe here. And a very caring little city, i was sooo happy with how many people turned out to Noelles memorial. Sarnia Rocks RIP Nicole you angel!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195689&page=2

Please remember this is one case of several that indicate the same potential killer(s). The NP event brought it back not only to Sarnia but to the family and friends of past victims. Please visit the above site and help solve this young girls murder. Check the internet. There is a lot of information that you should know. Thank you.

JMO...there is no such place, drugs and crime go hand in hand and is found everywhere.

Sure, I agree, but did you know that sarnia has one of the highest crime/drug rates per capita in the country

Sure, I agree, but did you know that sarnia has one of the highest crime/drug rates per capita in the country

A very bold statement. Please back that up with legitimate statistics. There is/are no records of this being correct in any Canadian records I could find.

WOW,,, what area do you live in in this city? JMO but you have spooked yourself lol maybe take a break from reading this for a bit. Sarnia is very safe theres very little crime here and drugs are rampid everywhere. I just moved here 2 years ago from London and if you want to see drugs go there. I am not into kinky stuff but fetlife is a site im sure is taking a bad rap for no reason, they are into fetishes and those people like spankings and kinky stuff with thier partners. They are not monsters looking to harm or hurt people that dont want the same. Although its not my scene at all,, what people do in thier bedrooms is NOT anyones buisness. They happened to meet on that site and are extreme "cases" have you seen how many crimes and people been harmed on sites like craigslist? I love Sarnia its awsome here and i have never felt unsafe here. And a very caring little city, i was sooo happy with how many people turned out to Noelles memorial. Sarnia Rocks RIP Nicole you angel!

I am going to agree wholeheartedly.

If it is affecting you in this way, you should consider not reading for a bit or seeking counselling.

No place is free of crime but I refuse to be a victim of fear. I still walk at night. I always tell someone where I am and check in as soon as I am done. Feel free to put extra steps in place to ensure your safety... this should happen anyhow but to live in fear of putting the garbage out is a sad way to live life.

It happened. It is horrible. Horrific. For me, I have to believe that there is far more good out there than bad. I can not control the thoughts of an evil, disturbed person and I won't live in fear.

I think your feelings are a very normal reaction to a horrific crime. The Community becomes a victim. Give it some time. If u are still feeling this way down the road I would urge you to talk with somebody. I hope u have a good support system around you. Unfortunately time and talking are the only healers. Check in and let us know how you are doing. I'm sure you are not alone :seeya:

A very bold statement. Please back that up with legitimate statistics. There is/are no records of this being correct in any Canadian records I could find.

I don't know that anyone would find legitimate statistics, but I'll go on record as saying as someone who lives very near to where NP went missing there are things going down every day that are not reported in the media and alot of people in town have no clue about. Like the guy I caught up the side of my house one day, he told me he was looking for a rather large machete that his buddy dropped off in the neighborhood a few nights ago, told him no sorry haven't seen on but if I find it I'll definitely give him a call, watched him walk away up the street and called the cops. They finally caught him because I was still on the phone with them as he was going in and out of back yards on the street looking for his machete, this was in the middle of the day!
OF course this is just one example of some of the crazy stuff I've seen happen right out side my front door and not seen in the media. Sarnia is a nice town we have some great people here I agree with that but don't let the very few great people fool you into thinking this town is as drug and crime free as the politicians want you to believe.

I could say the same thing about my town, however, seeing that neither you nor I have a link with facts to back that up....it would be a JMO statement and nothing factual about it.

I don't know that anyone would find legitimate statistics, but I'll go on record as saying as someone who lives very near to where NP went missing there are things going down every day that are not reported in the media and alot of people in town have no clue about. Like the guy I caught up the side of my house one day, he told me he was looking for a rather large machete that his buddy dropped off in the neighborhood a few nights ago, told him no sorry haven't seen on but if I find it I'll definitely give him a call, watched him walk away up the street and called the cops. They finally caught him because I was still on the phone with them as he was going in and out of back yards on the street looking for his machete, this was in the middle of the day!
OF course this is just one example of some of the crazy stuff I've seen happen right out side my front door and not seen in the media. Sarnia is a nice town we have some great people here I agree with that but don't let the very few great people fool you into thinking this town is as drug and crime free as the politicians want you to believe.

No town/city is crime free and drugs are everywhere.

Having lived and worked in the downtown cores of Sarnia, London and Windsor I can say with strong conviction that Sarnia was the "safest" of the 3.

No town/city is crime free and drugs are everywhere.

Having lived and worked in the downtown cores of Sarnia, London and Windsor I can say with strong conviction that Sarnia was the "safest" of the 3.

I don't' doubt it's safer than London or Windsor, but there is alot of stuff that goes unreported to the media .....

Crime goes on everywhere. We just aren't used to this "type" of Crime. Thankfully. It causes terror in a Community due to it's randomness and by all appearances violent and twisted nature. Thankfully these 2 were arrested quickly. Heartbreaking it happened at all.

I don't' doubt it's safer than London or Windsor, but there is alot of stuff that goes unreported to the media .....

Of course there is... but that goes for every city. Don't get me wrong... there are a lot of bad things happening every single day. One should take caution when out alone at all times but I don't think it is cause for one to live in a bubble. JMO.

For what it's worth, here is Macleans listing of the rankings for the 100 most dangerous cities, based on 2010 crime rates per 100,000 people. Sarnia is ranked at number 44, compared to Windsor at 35 and London at 30. If it's accurate, there are certainly some surprises to me.

http://www2.macleans.ca/crime-chart/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes
Back