GUILTY Canada - Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka, murdered, 1993

I did read the book, and follow the case afterward.

I do have hope for Karla's redemption, though. I hope she can live the rest of her life crime free.

There were several books. They all had the same info but different persepctives.
I can't believe Karla has been reformed if she is engaging in the things alleged.
Set up or not Karla is accountable for her actions.

http://www.cfra.com/headlines/index.asp?cat=2&nid=31804

The lawyer for the parents of Kristen French and Leslie Mahaffy says Karla Homolka remains more dangerous today than ever before.

The families have filed for intervener status in Homolka's appeal of her release conditions.

The convicted schoolgirl killer says the release conditions are unfair and violate her constitutional rights.

and since I didn't know exactly what that meant:

from http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=intervener

in·ter·vene ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ntr-vn)
intr.v. in·ter·vened, in·ter·ven·ing, in·ter·venes

To come, appear, or lie between two things: You can't see the lake from there because the house intervenes.
Law. To enter into a suit as a third party for one's own interests.

Karla has never admitted any guilt, shown any understanding of her crimes, has shown zero remorse and has no insight into her own behaviour.

She still sees herself as a victim.....of everyone, the media, the victims's families, of Paul's.

With that knowledge, there is little doubt that given the "right" circumstances, she wil reoffend again.

A lot of the "wannabe" Paul Bernardo's want to meet her, why not, look what she did nor her husband. If it was not for Karla, Paul would not have been able to get away with his crimes as she was an accomplice.

For example: At the hearing into her "future conditions" she complained that the media vilified her. But right after the hearing, she goes on CBC for a interview saying: I am not going to hurt your kids, I am soooooo sorry.

So Karla is still using people and the media for her own selfish purpose......

She was looking forward to a Tim Horton's Ice Cap, but that is the same day she said this, Leslie's parents were visiting her grave for what would have been her 29th Birthday.

Karla is warped and weird..........damaged.........

Karla is someone that gets "off" on the deviant sexual abuse and participation of extreme sexual torture of others against their will.

I can't remember the term, but it is not a person who has a sexual peference for young children.

She has an attraction to men that are deviant and commit acts of violence, hence one of the terms of her release.

S

CyberLaw said:
Karla has never admitted any guilt, shown any understanding of her crimes, has shown zero remorse and has no insight into her own behaviour.

She still sees herself as a victim.....of everyone, the media, the victims's families, of Paul's.

With that knowledge, there is little doubt that given the "right" circumstances, she wil reoffend again.

A lot of the "wannabe" Paul Bernardo's want to meet her, why not, look what she did nor her husband. If it was not for Karla, Paul would not have been able to get away with his crimes as she was an accomplice.

For example: At the hearing into her "future conditions" she complained that the media vilified her. But right after the hearing, she goes on CBC for a interview saying: I am not going to hurt your kids, I am soooooo sorry.

So Karla is still using people and the media for her own selfish purpose......

She was looking forward to a Tim Horton's Ice Cap, but that is the same day she said this, Leslie's parents were visiting her grave for what would have been her 29th Birthday.

Karla is warped and weird..........damaged.........

Karla is someone that gets "off" on the deviant sexual abuse and participation of extreme sexual torture of others against their will.

I can't remember the term, but it is not a person who has a sexual peference for young children.

She has an attraction to men that are deviant and commit acts of violence, hence one of the terms of her release.

S

You have described her excatly right.
To use the analogy of a another poster:
If Karla were a computer we would reboot her.

I would replace the whole hard drive.....

It has too many bad sectors, corrupt files and orphaned files to be of any use.

Then I would reformat, for a clean slate, and install an operating system and run many, many virus scans and "file protectors" just in case one of those bad virus and worms filtered their way through.

Every day I would delete the bad stuff..........

Then maybe if a bad file got in, I would "boot" her, opps, "it", not necessarily reboot........

I would lnot participate in peer to peer sharing because you might come across a "bad computer" or download any files.

Just keep this computer away from any other computers, especially young computers.....

I'll just continue to hope that Karla Homolka lives the rest of her life crime free.

If she commits a crime, I'll hope she's convicted and gets a judicial sentence.

CyberLaw said:

Then I would reformat, for a clean slate, and install an operating system and run many, many virus scans and "file protectors" just in case one of those bad virus and worms filtered their way through.

Then maybe if a bad file got in, I would "boot" her, opps, "it", not necessarily reboot........

I would not participate in peer to peer sharing because you might come across a "bad computer" or download any files.

Just keep this computer away from any other computers, especially young computers.....
Can't we just unplug her?

Here's a quote re Karla from former FBI profiler Gregg McCrary's book, The Unknown Darkness:

"Up to that point, much of the research in this area - including interviews with Karla - indicated that the females were compliant victims, feeling they had to do as told or else get beaten themselves. However, when Karla wasn't acting the part she had learned from therapists and books, she seemed more like a female psychopath who enjoyed the victimization of others. She was certainly caught on tape spontaneously telling Paul that she would help him to find and rape fifty virgins, and there was no indication that this remark was scripted. Even Paul had seemed surprised. It appeared to be her own unique inspiration for pleasing "the king." That she could kill her sister and then continue to participate in more rapes and murders indicated a truly deviant personality."

Here's a few more quotes re Karla from this book:

"Karla and Paul made a sex tape together, after Tammy Lynn's funeral, that was truly shocking. In it, as Karla stripped Paul, she told him that she had loved it when he'd raped Tammy and that she was happy he had wanted her to do sexual things with her sister - the sister they had just killed together. She suggested that he should get even youner girls for them to play with together - a line clearly not scripted by him. After that, she used her dead sister's panties to rub him into an e--ection, all the while encouraging him to continue to rape young girls. In a different scene on the same tape, she put on Tammy's clothing and pretended to be her sister making love to Paul."

My opinion is she'll be right back in prison soon, which will be of great benefit to society.

The parents of Kristen French and Leslie Mahaffy vow that Karla Homolka will not "silence" them as she and Paul Bernardo silenced their daughters.

The joint vow of Doug and Donna French and Dan and Debbie Mahaffy is stated in a legal bid for intervener status at Homolka's upcoming appeal of conditions imposed upon her after her July 5 prison release.

In a motion filed with a Montreal court yesterday on behalf of the estates of the slain schoolgirls, lawyer Tim Danson wrote that due to their "shock, horror and loss," the victims' families are committed to getting justice.

Homolka "remains more dangerous today than before," Danson wrote.

The families seek the "truth and nothing but the truth" and will not tolerate false arguments, unproven and speculative theories, or personal opinions masquerading as expert opinion, Danson stated.

"It does not lie in the mouth of Karla Homolka to silence them as she and Bernardo silenced their daughters," he wrote.

Danson asked that the intervener motion be heard Thursday in Montreal.
http://ottsun.canoe.ca/News/National/2005/09/10/1210765-sun.html

CyberLaw said:

I would lnot participate in peer to peer sharing because you might come across a "bad computer" or download any files.

Wonderful analogy, CyberLaw!

:mad: has anyone heard any updates about this nut, last i heard her boss was speaking out against her....

michelle said:
:mad: has anyone heard any updates about this nut, last i heard her boss was speaking out against her....
Apparently nothing has come of the tapes. I think the guy was out to lunch and just wanted attention & publicity. He was also stating he wanted to live in St. Catherines (where the kidnapping/murders occured) so he could help the families.

I think he just took in Homolka to set her up. Frankly I could give a damn how hard her life is, and it should be a continuing nightmare forever........... I just think this guy was a flake. :rolleyes:

blueclouds said:
Apparently nothing has come of the tapes. I think the guy was out to lunch and just wanted attention & publicity. He was also stating he wanted to live in St. Catherines (where the kidnapping/murders occured) so he could help the families.

I think he just took in Homolka to set her up. Frankly I could give a damn how hard her life is, and it should be a continuing nightmare forever........... I just think this guy was a flake. :rolleyes:
I agree, i could care less about her life either i just want to make sure she stays far away..................

Karla Homolka, who served 12 years for the sordid sex slayings of two Ontario schoolgirls, can go where she pleases and see anyone she wants after a judge lifted restrictions on her movements Wednesday.

The ruling by Justice James Brunton of Quebec Superior Court also means Homolka can contact ex-husband Paul Bernardo and does not have to report to police. "The possibility that Ms. Teale might reoffend one day cannot be completely eliminated," Brunton wrote.

"However, her development over the last 12 years demonstrates, on a balance of probabilities, that this is unlikely to occur. She does not represent a real and imminent danger to commit a personal injury offence. . The appeal should be granted."

Tim Danson, the lawyer representing the families of Homolka's victims, said in Toronto his clients were stunned by the ruling.
http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/story.html?id=0328632a-6f02-4446-8293-729a1999bb68&k=58504

Mimi said:
I too am stunned by the ruling and outraged!:hand:

Same here. I can't believe that was the ruling. My prayers and thoughts to the Kristen and Leslie's families.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back