GUILTY Canada - Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka, murdered, 1993

lauriej said:
no kidding! she could dye her hair purple and i'd recognize those 'devil eyes' any day...............

...she's re-locating to quebec? whewwwwwwwwwwww.....heard earlier she was lookin' at my neighbourhood.........calgary........

she's in custody in Quebec so she will be released there. She wants to return to St. Catherines, her hometown.

enigma said:
Can't they try her for the death of Tammy? I don't know all the specifics of her plea bargain.

No, she cannot be tried for Tammy's death. She received two years manslaughter for Tammy's death.

She can't be retried for anything. she's out in July, regardless.

cami said:
No, she cannot be tried for Tammy's death. She received two years manslaughter for Tammy's death.

She can't be retried for anything. she's out in July, regardless.
I didn't realize she had ever been charged with Tammy's death. I only thought she was charged with the 2 schoolgirls. Too bad. I am reading Pact with the Devil. There's some pretty strange comments in that book.

Homolka to live in Montreal after release
[font=Times, Times New Roman, Serif, MS Serif]Notorious killer to live in apartment in Notre-Dame-de-Grace[/font]

CANADIAN PRESS

[font=Times, Times New Roman, Serif, MS Serif]MONTREAL — News that convicted schoolgirl killer Karla Homolka plans to live in a trendy Montreal neighbourhood upon her release from prison had residents of the largely anglophone enclave bewildered and fearing for their safety today.

“No way! No way!” one woman said on Global News.

“Never, never, never,” exclaimed another.

In an interview with the Toronto TV station, Karel Homolka said his daughter will live in an apartment in Montreal’s Notre-Dame-de-Grace area, in the heart of the anglophone community, when she is freed.

“She’s staying in the Montreal area,” he told Global in a phone interview from his home in St. Catharines, Ont.

Karla Homolka has learned to speak French during her prison sentence. Her father said she is fluent.

Although her official release date is July 5, Homolka could be free as early as June 23 under Corrections Canada guidelines.

City Coun. Jeremy Searle told Global that Homolka will not be welcome in his middle-class neighbourhood.

“I can assure you, nobody in NDG wants Karla Homolka,” Searle said. “The important thing is that ... everybody’s informed.”

Ontario Attorney General Michael Bryant said today that the province’s legal battle to limit Homolka’s freedoms upon her release this summer will be brought before a Quebec judge on June 2.

A team of Ontario prosecutors will seek a recognizance order against the schoolgirl killer that could include curfews, mandatory reporting to police and limits on who she can associate with.

“We could have our recognizance order in place prior to her release and taking effect the moment she is released,” Bryant said.

The victims’ families have also provided input into what restrictions they’d like to see against Homolka, Bryant said.

It’s still unclear whether the Quebec judge will grant the extraordinary requ under a rarely used section of the Criminal Code.

Homolka is nearing the end of a 12-year prison term for manslaughter for the rape and torture deaths of two Ontario schoolgirls. The sentence also took into account the drug-rape death of Homolka’s younger sister Tammy. In a so-called “deal with the devil,” Crown officials struck a pact with Homolka to help convict her ex-husband Paul Bernardo, who was subsequently declared a dangerous offender and remains behind bars indefinitely.
[/font]http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1115296610426&call_pageid=968332188492&col=968705899037&t=TS_Home

So what can they do when she is released on July 5, 2005???

Since Kid Killer Karla is being released on no parole, usually there will be no restrictions.

But in accordance with section 810, an application can be made, which could limit her choice of job, associations, where she lives, etc. These restriction will have limitation on how she lives and where.

This is an extraordinary measure rarely used, as Canada views a full sentence as "serving your full time", done your time.

I am not a vengeful person, but I hope that Kid Killer Karla will never have a moment of peace in her life.

Kristen French would have been 29 last week.

CyberLaw said:
Since Kid Killer Karla is being released on no parole, usually there will be no restrictions.

But in accordance with section 810, an application can be made, which could limit her choice of job, associations, where she lives, etc. These restriction will have limitation on how she lives and where.

This is an extraordinary measure rarely used, as Canada views a full sentence as "serving your full time", done your time.

I am not a vengeful person, but I hope that Kid Killer Karla will never have a moment of peace in her life.

Kristen French would have been 29 last week.
Who makes this "application"? The government and law enforcement, who swung her sweet deal with her? Does it fall to the public, who now have to watch a killer walk free, unrehabilitated and "likely to kill again"?

If she has served her full sentence, is it now not an enfringement of her human rights (or should I say her "inhuman" rights), as the deal was 12 years and that's it?

I think that any talk of restricting her after she walks is just cr*p, and a way to appease the public. I don't think there's a thing they can or will do. This is Canada, we're too passive/aggressive!

Margie123 said:
Who makes this "application"? The government and law enforcement, who swung her sweet deal with her? Does it fall to the public, who now have to watch a killer walk free, unrehabilitated and "likely to kill again"?

If she has served her full sentence, is it now not an enfringement of her human rights (or should I say her "inhuman" rights), as the deal was 12 years and that's it?

I think that any talk of restricting her after she walks is just cr*p, and a way to appease the public. I don't think there's a thing they can or will do. This is Canada, we're too passive/aggressive!
Yes, usually when a person has finished their sentence they are out from under the thumb of the government. But her case is different. She lied to the Prosecuters but once the deal was made and before the tapes were found they had to honor the plea bargain. Despite the tapes graphically depicting her complicity in murder the Prosecutors hands were tied.

She has been deemed a danger to society and there is a a law, rarely used, but on the books, that allows the appropriate government depts. to set regulations that she must live under once she is released. The parents of the deceased children can even have a say in some of her restrictions in conjunction with the goernment and correctional representatives. Her life will be monitored by a proverbial microscope for the rest of her natural life. The public demands it and the law allows for it.

In many ways yes, we Canadians are too passive in many areas. But not regarding Karla Homolka. She is a child killer every bit as much as her husband who has been declared a dangerous defender and will never see the light of day. She lured two teen age girls to their death and was responsible in large part for her own sister's death since she got the meds from where she worked to knock her sister out.

Let's face it, all of Canada was in an uproar over her sentence at the time and the crimes were so horrific that memories don't fade on something like this. Thank goodness there is a law on the books that enables her to still be under the thumb of the Correctional Dept. That is exactly what she deserves for the rest of her life. Her crimes were evil and without conscience.

Czarthethird said:
In many ways yes, we Canadians are too passive in many areas. But not regarding Karla Homolka. She is a child killer every bit as much as her husband who has been declared a dangerous defender and will never see the light of day. She lured two teen age girls to their death and was responsible in large part for her own sister's death since she got the meds from where she worked to knock her sister out.

Let's face it, all of Canada was in an uproar over her sentence at the time and the crimes were so horrific that memories don't fade on something like this. Thank goodness there is a law on the books that enables her to still be under the thumb of the Correctional Dept. That is exactly what she deserves for the rest of her life. Her crimes were evil and without conscience.
IMHO, I think that not only should we evoke any legislation that can restrict her movements, I think the media needs to play a huge part in this. Follow her wherever she goes and drive her crazy!

Margie123 said:
IMHO, I think that not only should we evoke any legislation that can restrict her movements, I think the media needs to play a huge part in this. Follow her wherever she goes and drive her crazy!
I grew up right across the border in Lewiston and I remember this case very well, even hanging signs where I used to work when Kristin French was missing. I can't believe it's time for her to be out already. I stopped following the details of the case when I moved away but reading it now, it sickens me that she's being let out. She still has a long life ahead of her, something her sister and those other girls will neve know. I hope someone steps in before her release date. Isn't there something in the terms of her plea that if they find she lied to them, the whole deal is undone. I read that somewhere. I would think that would be standard and this would make her whole plea null and void.

Karla did not commit perjury. That in the legal system is lying. She just did not "admit" her full role in the crimes.

Perjury would be standard in a plea. The Crown needed Karla to put Paul away for his natural life as a dangerous offender.

But I think if she tries to make money off the crimes or gives newspaper interviews about the crimes, then that would violate the terms of the plea. But since she is out after serving her full sentence, I am not sure what the Government would do.

I don't know the full terms of the plea. I just know that she only served 4 years each for the murders of Tammy(which was not accidental), Kristen and Leslie.

I even read that Paul and Karla may have had something to do with Terri Anderson death also.

Also I think that A.G. Bryant is trying to prevent her from changing her name. But that won't stop her from changing her look.

I wish the Government could gate her.

What does everyone think about the movie that will soon be released??

Quebec can be "difficult" when it comes to civil liberties.

I wonder if Karla will envoke a Charter Challenge to Section 810. I would not be surprised.

Read something funny today:

Most Canadians, if they saw Karla walking against a red light, would not even consider breaking....or slowing down.....

CyberLaw said:
Karla did not commit perjury. That in the legal system is lying. She just did not "admit" her full role in the crimes.

Perjury would be standard in a plea. The Crown needed Karla to put Paul away for his natural life as a dangerous offender.

But I think if she tries to make money off the crimes or gives newspaper interviews about the crimes, then that would violate the terms of the plea. But since she is out after serving her full sentence, I am not sure what the Government would do.

I don't know the full terms of the plea. I just know that she only served 4 years each for the murders of Tammy(which was not accidental), Kristen and Leslie.

I even read that Paul and Karla may have had something to do with Terri Anderson death also.

Also I think that A.G. Bryant is trying to prevent her from changing her name. But that won't stop her from changing her look.

I wish the Government could gate her.

What does everyone think about the movie that will soon be released??

Quebec can be "difficult" when it comes to civil liberties.

I wonder if Karla will envoke a Charter Challenge to Section 810. I would not be surprised.

I have a copy of a copy of the plea agreement (Im surprised this hasn't popped up anywhere on the internet! If my copy was higher quailty I would share!! I know they go on eBay for $50+)
Its alot of legalese (candianian legalese to boot!) but from what my little mind gathers the terms of her plea were 4 years for each-PERIOD AND HER PLEA CAN NEVER BE OVERTURNED/VOIDED ETC EVEN IF MORE INFO ABOUT HER INVOLVEMENT IN THOSE MURDERS COMES TO LIGHT(which it did!!)

I have always wondered why "Karly Kurls" wasn't charged as an accessory to the Scarboro rapes! She helped Paul cover up,was his alibi AND had prior and post knowledge of the crimes
Also one victim swore that during her rape(in a parking garage) a woman with long blonde hair was videotaping the rape(Ive always felt Paul had more tapes than what was found).
Ive always been frustrated that more charges/info didnt come out about that!!!!

BTW: I too think Terri Anderson was a Bernardo(and likely Karla) victim as well as 1-2 other murdered women.

EDITED:
I am currently attempting to obtain a "real" copy of "THE GALLIGAN REPORT" as the plea is known.
If I am successful I want to put it up online on a webpage *but* I need help as I dont know how to do it!
I think its in the public interest(esp.for Canadians) that this is released!

Isn't the Galligan report like 200 pages long.

I may be mistaken, but I thought I read that somewhere.

CyberLaw said:
Isn't the Galligan report like 200 pages long.

I may be mistaken, but I thought I read that somewhere.

Its 342 pages to be exact!

An original copy is spiral bound and it's divided into chapters.

It is basically a very detailed report that tries to justify giving Karla Homolka her "deal with the devil". It is signed by "The Hon. Patrick T. Galligan, Q.C". Below is the full table of contents.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

LETTER OF TRANSMITTAL pg. 1

FORWARD pg. 2

INTRODUCTION pg. 7

FACTUAL REVIEW pg. 17

TERM OF REFERENCE NO. 1 pg. 52

TERM OF REFERENCE NO. 2 pg. 114

TERM OF REFERENCE NO. 3 pg. 192

The Homicides pg. 192

Jane Doe pg. 204

TERM OF REFERENCE NO. 4 pg. 214

CONCLUSION pg. 215

EPILOGUE pg. 219

APPENDICES

Appendix "A" - List of persons interviewed pg. 222

Appendix "B" - Chronology of certain relevant dates pg. 226

Appendix "C" - Exchange of correspondence setting out the resolution agreement of May 14, 1993 pg. 240

Appendix "D" - Relevant portions of proceedings in the Ontario Court of Justice (General Division) on July 6, 1993 pg. 247

Appendix "E" - Letter of advice to Green Ribbon Task Force dated May 26, 1995 pg. 328

Appendix "F" - Paper entitled "Compliant Victims of the Sexual Sadist" pg. 334

Appendix "G" - Letter from Professor Alan Young to the Attorney General dated July 13, 1995 pg. 341

Online Id like to link each chapter so people can skip around with ease.Id also like to have a summary that will explain it clearly for those who dont want to read the whole report.

Neptune'sMom said:
http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20050523-004/page.asp

"Two women who were tricked by Karla Homolka and then raped by Paul Bernardo want a restraining order against her before she walks out of a Quebec prison in July."

more in the link....

One of those women is Jane Doe that I have been mentioning. Karla herself should have been charged with sexual assault against her. She assaulted the girl herself when Paul was out of the house, it's on tape.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1117317010113&call_pageid=968332188492&col=968793972154&t=TS_Home&DPL=IvsNDS%2f7ChAX&tacodalogin=yes

"On Thursday, a court hearing in Montreal will determine if any further restrictions should be put on the 35-year-old woman once she gains her freedom. She is due to be released from Joliette prison on - or about - July 5 after srving the full 12-year sentence for her role in the murders of Kritsen French and Leslie Mahaffy and the death of her sister, Tammy. Ask most people about Karla Leanne Homolka and the anaswer is usually the same -s he should rot in jail for the rest of her life. "

Click on the link for the rest of the first article.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173
Back