Canada - Police foil plot to kill people at Halifax mall

I need to correct my last post above. Looking more closely, it was one of the males tumblr accounts that I viewed last night. I have not seen the females, other than the front page and can't figure out how to access it. When I clicked a like on her front page, it directed me to his account.

A woman from west suburban Geneva who plotted a Valentine’s Day shooting rampage at a Canadian mall was sentenced Friday to life in prison, but could be paroled in seven years. Lindsay Souvannarath, 26, pleaded guilty last year to conspiracy to commit murder in a plan that involved opening fire at a mall in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in 2015. Nova Scotia Supreme Court Justice Peter Rosinski said that Souvannarath is and will remain a threat to society. He said she has not expressed remorse for her plot...

Her co-conspirator, James Gamble, killed himself as police surrounded his Halifax-area home. Souvannarath was arrested at the airport. Randall Steven Shepherd — a Halifax man described in court as the “cheerleader” of the plot — also was arrested at the airport, where he was waiting for Souvannarath. He has been sentenced to a decade in jail.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-woman-get-life-in-canada-20180420-story.html

https://globalnews.ca/news/4156891/u-s-woman-to-be-sentenced-in-valentines-day-shooting-plot-at-halifax-mall/

An American woman has been sentenced to life in prison with no chance for parole for a decade as a result of her role in a plot to commit mass murder at a Halifax mall on Valentine’s Day in 2015.

Described by her family as someone who had a hard time connecting with others, Souvannarath found a home online and became obsessed with Nazism, hatred and mass shootings.

This is from a year ago, several months after James Gamble's family heard court testimony (or a statement of facts?) that their son was indeed the mastermind behind the plot. His mother had desperately hoped that James was the one to call in the tip, before killing himself when police arrived at his house. Now they know better. It must hurt terribly. Two years after his death, James' mother saw that her son said online that he would walk into her room and shoot her while she slept.

https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/mother-of-teen-behind-mall-plot-speaks-out-about-dangers-of-online-underworld-1.3323049

For nearly two years, Cody had hoped that her son was the person who called Crime Stoppers, thwarting the attack before killing himself, but as she sat in a Halifax courtroom last year, she learned that her son was, in fact, the mastermind.

Cody is adamant if it happened to her son, it can happen to anyone. While she doesn’t condone any of the activity in which her son was involved, she is trying to move forward.

“You can’t change it. We can’t change it for us … I’d just love to help someone else.”

A Canadian podcast, The Nighttime Podcast, is doing a series on this case. Episodes are here: The Night Time Podcast Episodes — The Nighttime Podcast - scroll down to listen to them in order. Also available on podcast apps.

First is on 2/5/19, second on 2/7/19, third is to come next week.

Features interview with the female involved in the plot.

Perhaps folks will share thoughts if you decide to listen.

just realized this is an old thread bumped up

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back