CANADA CANADA - Quebec police believe SK responsible for child killings, 1980's-90's

I need to go have a look at Theresa's link and the other related ones, am just seeing them now and there's a lot more info there.
BTW- I spent the last few months researching the heck out of newspaper articles from around the time of my own assault attempt to see if I could find similar incidences to mine.
I was looking at all of New England but also these Canadian cases.
After reading up on Charles E. Pierce I started to research him more (I was lured under a lost dog pretense as well) and finally found a clearer photo of him. His facial characteristics looked very close to my potential attacker's. I started trying to track his movements to see if he'd wound up in Maine at all since there were a number of fall Fairs in the area and he worked at carnivals. The main thing that did not fit was that it was possible he'd already been arrested a few months before my episode.
In the course of researching a key work of "kidnap" in the Saco/Biddeford paper (the area where my episode happened) I struck pay dirt and found an image of the man who tried to hurt me: his name is (was, he died in 2007) JOSEPH J TELLIER.

He lived in a house in Saco Maine, 4 miles away from where he tried to attack me.

I am continuing to pore over background information on him to see if he might be responsible for any murders in Canada, since he fled to Canada for a little while after embezzling some money in the mid 1980s. He may have spent time there previously as well, which is what I'm now trying to figure out. He's not French though, and does not speak with a heavy french canadian accent so he would not fit any on the rapes by the french speaker mentioned in the article above.
http://www.keepmecurrent.com/report...cle_da8d7b0d-3ca5-5c46-a142-34a6c1d0acd8.html

The newspaper links from the time are no longer active, but long story short Tellier lured a 10 year old girl who was out riding her bike into his car in a Zayres department store parking lot under pretext of needing her help on a project and that her mother had given him permission for her help (she lived down the street from him). He took her out into a wooded area, tortured her, molested her, and beat her until he thought she was dead. She regained consciousness the next morning and managed to somehow make it two miles down a dirt road for help. She was hospitalized but recovered, with injuries that required plastic surgery. The attempted murder charges were dropped in a plea bargain and he served 15 years for kidnapping, molestation, and assault.

It's a long shot, but for anyone following this case he may be worth checking out.

p.s. he also has a female relative (possibly by marriage?) around the same age who is a RSO with a child rape conviction. Another long shot, but some of the articles in Canada mention a *couple* trying to lure a child away by asking for help with a lost dog http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Maine/Unsorted-ME/Rachel-Bournival.66158535.html

Bumping this thread in light of recent murder and dismemberment of young Montreal woman, Samantha Higgins.

In the course of researching a key work of "kidnap" in the Saco/Biddeford paper (the area where my episode happened) I struck pay dirt and found an image of the man who tried to hurt me: his name is (was, he died in 2007) JOSEPH J TELLIER.

He lived in a house in Saco Maine, 4 miles away from where he tried to attack me.

Quoting myself here again. I've only been able to find one clear photo of Pierce, and have continued to compare his photo to Tellier's. I can't find a photo of either without glasses from the time of my incident, which I can now be certain was in 1978 and not 1979. My attacker wore a hairpiece or wig and had ruddy skin, so I've spent some time in photoshop working with Pierce's image and am now back leaning toward Pierce rather than Tellier, based on physical descriptions of his build at the time of arrest (tall and at least 200 pounds) which is larger than he looks in the one photo I sourced. I also went back through clippings and saw that he confessed or was considered for abductions up through 1978. Not sure what if any help that is, since this thread is for 1980-1990. Tellier and his siblings/inlaws should still be looked at for those since they spent time in Canada often.

Guessing that there are plenty more like him, just have to keep turning over rocks. imo

"According to Mr. Parent, and, in light of his research for his documentary, Marc Perron has already been suspected of sex crimes and murders, including that of little Maurice Viens in 1984. "There no proof of this is true, but each time the suspect lived in an area, a child disappeared. For Cédrika, it must remain careful and not put the cart before the horse, I agree, but given his criminal past, the fact that it remained less than ten minutes from the place where children are missing, we wonder if this is just coincidence, "he added".

For the Maurice Viens, Sébastien Métivier and Wilton Lubin murders, there was a suspect named Jean-Baptiste Duchesneau who was considered a person of interest. He was in prison on other charges and when police tried to interview him in 1993, he committed suicide. Since then, there have been other disappearances in the late 90's. The name that has come up recently is Marc Perron, a recidivist in his 50's who has a lengthy criminal record.

Wonder if the perp might lurk in this group?
imo,speculation.

http://www.citynews.ca/2016/01/27/p...ng-in-quebec-in-raids-that-extend-to-toronto/

Police bust pedophile ring in Quebec in raids that extend to Toronto
Jan 27, 2016

Police in Quebec say they have arrested about 10 people who allegedly exchanged advice on ways to sexually abuse children without raising suspicion.

The investigation by Quebec provincial police and the RCMP began three years ago.

About 150 officers from different forces took part in raids Wednesday throughout Quebec and in Toronto.

Those arrested are aged between 27 and 74.

Front page article today, statistics for abducted and murder of children by strangers.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/...-murder-data-paint-chilling-new-portrait.html
By Robert CribbForeign, Investigations
Wed., May 25, 2016
Child abduction and murder data paint chilling new portrait

The findings, which reveal an unprecedented look at child abduction and murder in Canada, are based on public records, court decisions and media reports on cases dating back nearly 50 years.

One hundred and fifty-five children have been abducted and murdered in Canada since 1970, most of them young girls snatched near their homes and killed within a few hours by predators with criminal records, according to a survey by the Canadian Centre for Child Protection.

The findings, which reveal an unprecedented look at child abduction and murder in Canada, are based on public records, court decisions and media reports on cases dating back nearly 50 years.

The study excludes cases where the person responsible (or believed to be responsible) was a parent of the child or close relative.

These cases involve strangers or acquaintances who target children as young as 2, plan an approach, abduct and kill them, according to the preliminary study, obtained exclusively by the Toronto Star. The full study is to be released later this year.
Snip>
Who are the offenders?

92 per cent of Canada’s child murderers are men.

68 per cent of them are Caucasian in their 20s (the average age is 26 with nearly a quarter under the age of 18).

55 per cent of offenders had a criminal record when the offence was committed. At least 33 per cent of those had committed a violent or sexual offence against a child.

22 per cent of the offenders were either on parole, probation or out on bail.

80 per cent of offenders remain incarcerated or are being held in a medical facility.

30 offenders are currently eligible for some form of parole.

8 offenders are eligible for full parole within the next five years.

4 offenders are currently on parole.

“Many of the victims in the study were engaged in everyday, regular activities and the offender exploits and takes advantage of that moment in time to abduct the child,” says McDonald. “The child is simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.”

84 per cent of victims were girls and 16 per cent were boys.

11.6 years old was their average age.

77 per cent were Caucasian.

45 per cent were abducted on Friday or Saturday.

53 per cent happened between 3:30 p.m. and 10 p.m.

41 per cent occurred in June, July and August.

“The time of year when these occur is likely attributable to access,” says Bourke. “The kids are out of school and are walking or playing in their neighbourhood when they are taken.”

68 per cent of the children were alone.

67 per cent were travelling in transit between home and school, the mall, a park or a friend’s house.

68 per cent of the abductions took place within blocks of the child’s home or school.

29 per cent of offenders lived in the neighbourhoods where the abduction happened.

55 per cent of offenders used a vehicle of some kind in the abduction.

You guys can always simply ask me your questions about these cases. I speak English and French, My sister, Theresa Allore is one of these cases... I know all the players from Prior to Provencher.

Here is my English link to 21 of them, but I'm pretty sure I can put you in contact with many people involved in Quebec cold-cases in the last 50 years: just ask:

http://theresaallore.com/2016/03/index-of-related-unsolved-murders-in-quebec-in-the-1970s/

Thanks, Johnallore, i have always wanted to tell you that your site and dedication, is amazing!
Truly hoping ( and expecting) that one day soon, your sister's killer will be revealed.

18-women.jpg

What some people already knew has been made official today. 31 years after the murder of 5 year Denis Roux-Bergevin, suspected serial child killer Jean-Baptiste Duchesneau has been identified as his murderer. Unfortunately, Duchesneau will never be charged for the crime because he committed suicide in 1993 while doing time on other charges. Police are now looking for a connection between Duchesneau and the 1984 murders of Maurice Viens, Sébastien Métivier (body never found) and Wilton Lubin who remain unsolved.

What some people already knew has been made official today. 31 years after the murder of 5 year Denis Roux-Bergevin, suspected serial child killer Jean-Baptiste Duchesneau has been identified as his murderer. Unfortunately, Duchesneau will never be charged for the crime because he committed suicide in 1993 while doing time on other charges. Police are now looking for a connection between Duchesneau and the 1984 murders of Maurice Viens, Sébastien Métivier (body never found) and Wilton Lubin who remain unsolved.

Thanks for the update!

http://www.metronews.ca/news/canada...er-of-5-year-old-boy-in-montreal-in-1985.html

While police did not reveal his name, The Canadian Press has learned he was Jean-Baptiste Duchesneau, who was found guilty of murder in the slaying of a seven-year-old girl in 1974 as well as the sexual assault of another young girl.

No problem, I would have posted a news article for proof of the new information but I didn't find a single article in English that was detailed enough or accurate enough for that matter. ^^

I was nearly kidnapped as a 11/12 year old in NJ in the early 1970s and have spent my life and career in law enforcement looking for the guy. It's not Tellier but I checked him out. Thanks!

More on the possible Quebec-Alberta serial killer connection -

How a brother's search for truth in his sister's death may have revealed a Calgary serial killer | Calgary Herald
“But after consulting criminologists, cold-case detectives and witnesses and poring over Corrections Canada and parole board reports, the pair were able to trace Gregoire’s movements from Quebec’s Eastern Townships into Alberta and find compelling evidence that seems to link him to several murders. Allore believes he killed at least five women in Quebec, including his sister. In Calgary, he believes Gregoire killed not only Silva but also Rebecca Boutilier, 20, in early 1993 and Tracey Maunder, 26, in 1992. Both murders have never officially been solved.”

More on the possible Quebec-Alberta serial killer connection -

How a brother's search for truth in his sister's death may have revealed a Calgary serial killer | Calgary Herald
“But after consulting criminologists, cold-case detectives and witnesses and poring over Corrections Canada and parole board reports, the pair were able to trace Gregoire’s movements from Quebec’s Eastern Townships into Alberta and find compelling evidence that seems to link him to several murders. Allore believes he killed at least five women in Quebec, including his sister. In Calgary, he believes Gregoire killed not only Silva but also Rebecca Boutilier, 20, in early 1993 and Tracey Maunder, 26, in 1992. Both murders have never officially been solved.”
Thanks for this very interesting article!
From link..
b1-15dec-gregoire.jpg

Luc Gregoire, murderer of Lailanie (Lanie) Silva in May 1993. (Herald files) jpg
''The path to Gregoire began when they consulted criminologist Kim Rossmo. He is a former Vancouver police officer who pioneered a technique called geo-profiling, which maps the local pathways of serial offenders. He was asked to look at a series of unsolved killings, including Theresa’s, in Quebec’s Eastern Township. Rossmo said he believed the deaths were linked. Later, the pair consulted another criminologist, Simon Fraser University’s Eric Beauregard, who had profiled dozens of incarcerated, violent, sexual offenders who had been active in Quebec during that time. They asked him if he knew of anyone whose profile would fit.
“He said ‘Yeah, there’s this one guy I think you should look at and his name is Luc Gregoire,’ ” Allore says. “We realized he had committed this murder in Calgary. So we began to focus on that.”
Allore and Pearson traced Gregoire’s movements to Edmonton, where he was incarcerated for armed robbery, and later to Calgary, where he worked as a roofer''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back