Canada - Robert White for building dungeon in kidnap plot, Pickering, Ont, 2011

Boy they are really downplaying the fact that they found a dungeon room.
Saying it may have been used to make a movie or other uses.

One thing they are very carefully not saying, is whether or not it showed any signs of previous usage or occupancy.

Ok the home was inspected in Nov. 10, and the guy who inspected it says the room wasn't there then. I wonder if LE is checking him out? He would have been a prime POI in my eyes

Other misc. facts, the gov took the home over in 1972, it has had tennants at some points since then, but has been vacant for the last 5 years. Boards were put up at that time.

1) If someone shot a movie, wouldn't they have to get a permit to film? Doesn't make sense.

2) The inspector may also have not done his job properly. How many times do we hear of govt. workers not following proper procedures? He may have done a quick lookover of the house, therefore not seeing the dungeon.

This is creepy.

jmo

If someone was going to modify a property in order to shoot a film, surely they would seek permission off the property owner first? I think the police are just trying to play it down so as not to cause panic when they say that.

I've racked my brains for an innocent explanation for this, and all I can come up with is - some kind of consensual adult BDSM scenario. However, I really think that consenting adults who wanted to play master and slave would just do it in their own homes, and not build a dungeon in a deserted old house out in the middle of nowhere.

This story is skin crawlingly creepy.

I think so too. Third house- chimney is not external.
I think you and mysteriew are right. I was unsure as well, thought it could be the back of the house...good observation about the chimney! Thanks! :)
Will ask the Mods to delete the third picture.

Does anyone on here live in that area? Are they still investigating the house as if a crime might have taken place or does it seem like LE checked it out and determined nothing happened there? Tia

So very creepy.

There is an old creepy farm house like this just behind me. They shot a movie there this past summer. Everyone knew about it. There were noticable modifications on the outside and there were blazing lights during the night. All the locals knew and it made the hometown paper. IMO if it were for a movie someone would know and already have said as much.

IMO only a local would know about this house. Would know it's abandoned and would have time to construct w/o being seen. I'd imagine a vehicle would have to be used to haul even minimal equipment. Boards, saws, hammers. I guess someone could walk it in but then they'd have a load to carry. imo

My very first thought was billie jean dunn and shawn atkins from the Hailey Dunn case. It just looked like a place they'd like to make scary movies at.

“We are aware of these homes in the past . . . there’s been music videos shot up there, amateur filmmakers that have gone onto the property,” he said. “We are aware that’s occurred before and whether this is another case of that, is it possible? We hope so”

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/1...-found-by-police-in-abandoned-pickering-home/

Surely, LE doesn't expect whoever built the dungeon, if built for criminal purposes, to come forward and say, yah that was me and I built it to torture and rape.

WTH are they thinking? Why go public with this before completing the investigation? Sorry, it makes no sense to me.

I know the possibility of it being a BDSM house has been brought up. I could totally see it happening if people were curious about such a lifestyle, met someone via a chat room or website, and their SO/spouse didn't know about this curiosity they had. So someone says, "hey, come to this address, we hold BDSM parties every first Thursday of the month."

Back in my younger days, I spent probably way too much time on the internet, making friends in mainstream chat rooms -- and I have to tell you...there were a lot of kooks out there. Probably still are.

The problem of thinking of it as a movie set or a BSDM site is that there is no power, no water, no heat. Which would limit it's usefulness I would think.

Police said the house was last occupied in 2006, but it is believed the room has been built within the last year or two. The discovery was made at the end of November.

Det. Darren Short of Durham Regional Police said it appears the small room was used to keep somebody inside, with a thicker door and “several” locks on the outside of the door.

“I can’t get into what was in the room, but the way it was constructed — the time and effort put into it and the materials used — clearly indicated it was a room designed to hold somebody in,” Det. Short said.

“There was a locking mechanism nobody would be able to penetrate or breach.
dc_house01.jpg
more: http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/12/20/confinement-room-found-by-police-in-abandoned-pickering-home/

Has someone been able to locate this house in a Google Map? I found one house that thought could be it, but am not one hundred percent sure.
As a side note, this National Post article is showing a slight different location than previous articles.

The former Colonel, RW comes to mind..

more: http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/12/20/confinement-room-found-by-police-in-abandoned-pickering-home/

Has someone been able to locate this house in a Google Map? I found one house that thought could be it, but am not one hundred percent sure.
As a side note, this National Post article is showing a slight different location than previous articles.

Trying to get my bearings Hazel, I have it pictured in my mind....hope to get some time to take a closer look today.

snipped...

...No one is missing and there is no evidence of a crime — besides trespassing.

...There isn’t a neighbour within screaming distance, save for Glen Cedars Golf Club and the suspicious eye of a roving government-hired security guard, who, along with four police officers, rushed to the area to deal with a curious Star reporter Tuesday morning.

...An exhaustive forensic search is being done, according to Durham police spokesperson Dave Selby.

“Whoever built it,” Selby said, “we hope they’ll call us and tell us what they were doing there.”

http://www.guelphmercury.com/news/o...adlocked-room-in-abandoned-house-raises-alarm

Police said the house was last occupied in 2006, but it is believed the room has been built within the last year or two. The discovery was made at the end of November.

Det. Darren Short of Durham Regional Police said it appears the small room was used to keep somebody inside, with a thicker door and “several” locks on the outside of the door.

“I can’t get into what was in the room, but the way it was constructed — the time and effort put into it and the materials used — clearly indicated it was a room designed to hold somebody in,” Det. Short said.

“There was a locking mechanism nobody would be able to penetrate or breach.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/1...-found-by-police-in-abandoned-pickering-home/

JMO but this sounds more like a jail cell than BDSM to me. Do the people in the BDSM scene usually get their kicks from having lots of fancy locks at their doors? I thought it's usually constraints that get closer to the skin. And why would they need a thicker door that no one can break through if everybody is there of their free will getting their kicks from some bondage?

Boy they are really downplaying the fact that they found a dungeon room. Saying it may have been used to make a movie or other uses.

One thing they are very carefully not saying, is whether or not it showed any signs of previous usage or occupancy.

Ok the home was inspected in Nov. 10, and the guy who inspected it says the room wasn't there then. I wonder if LE is checking him out? He would have been a prime POI in my eyes.

Other misc. facts, the gov took the home over in 1972, it has had tennants at some points since then, but has been vacant for the last 5 years. Boards were put up at that time.

[bbm]

it was inspected in 2010 - over a year ago

There are so many boarded up expropriated houses in this neck of the woods...

The idea of this recent discovery is clearly something nightmares could be made of!

Here's a bit of history about the area - back in the 70's many families uprooted and relocated to make way for a new mega airport that has yet to happen.

snipped...

The federal government froze and expropriated 18,600 hectares (7,530 acres) of property in Pickering north of Highway 7 and west of Brock Road -- a large section of Markham and a sliver of Uxbridge.

http://spacingtoronto.ca/2007/09/25/exploring-the-pickering-airport-lands/

Unrelated -- just created this new thread:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158164"]CANADA-wide warrant, 'vicious' kidnapping and torture, Toronto, Dec. 22, 2011[/ame]

The federal government froze and expropriated 18,600 hectares (7,530 acres) of property in Pickering north of Highway 7 and west of Brock Road -- a large section of Markham and a sliver of Uxbridge.

http://spacingtoronto.ca/2007/09/25/exploring-the-pickering-airport-lands/
The mention of Uxbridge, made me think of:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144429"]CANADA - Margarita Shumakova, 18, Toronto, ON, 3 July 2011 - found in Uxbridge, ON[/ame]

In the news articles LE is not saying what was found inside the room.

So, when does a dungeon turn into an implement-filled torture chamber? I can think of at least 3 fairly recent cases, in different locations in the U.S. One was in a trailer external to the house. One was in a trailer built on to be a house. One was in an apartment. None of those cases were listed after the news story.

Also, doesn't the location word Pickering remind you of the Pickton case(s) in Canada?

Is it just me, or don't you think that the person who built this, had to have some kind of inside knowledge that the house would not be looked at for years?

Either inside knowledge or because of a driving need to build it, heedless to the fact that eventually these properties are inspected.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back