CANADA Canada - Samuel Lottery, 17, London, Ont, 19 Jan 1996

I have recently spent the last bit researching this and have become consumed with this case. I got a huge file of information that I have come across in my research, and I am hoping to post it shortly. I hope it will help, and it may just be repeated information, but I feel this case can be solved and there are peculiar circumstances that are preventing it

I have recently spent the last bit researching this and have become consumed with this case. I got a huge file of information that I have come across in my research, and I am hoping to post it shortly. I hope it will help, and it may just be repeated information, but I feel this case can be solved and there are peculiar circumstances that are preventing it
Welcome to Ws ktkn423!

I wonder if they were able to collect any DNA evidence off of the letters? It sounds like law enforcement know who harmed Samuel and they need more assistance in order to officially solve this case. The letters likely also point to motive. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that there might have been remorse in the letters. Where is that suggestion coming from?

I grew up in London Ontario and didn't hear about this case until I had moved away. Bumping for Samuel.

Re post refresher.. rbbm
1674927217170.png

This copy of the letter has had the contents removed. The pictures on the paper however are distinct.

''On Friday, January 19, 1996, Samuel Lottery was reported missing to the London Police Service. His family never saw him again.

In March of 1996, a letter was found at the Pillar of Fire Church located at 27 Gunn St, London, Ontario. The letter contained information about Sam as well as a picture of him that had been concealed in his wallet.

In November of 1996, another hand written letter arrived at the home of Samuel's parents. The letter provided more information about Sam that was relevant to this investigation. The paper used to write this letter contained a number of unique images. An image of this letter is provided below.

In May of 1997, a number of human bones were located along the Thames River south of Blackfriars Bridge. In November of 2003, a human jawbone was located near the same location. Finally, in April of 2008, a human skull was found on the bank of the Thames River near Guy Lombardo Bridge.

DNA testing confirmed that all of the bones belonged to Samuel Lottery.

Our investigation has determined that the cause of Sam's death was homicide.

We know that Samuel Lottery was targeted by one or more people who were known to him and that multiple people have information about his murder''

Last edited:
Watched a Forensic Files show the other day and was impressed with the method used to identify the killer by his handwriting. rbbm, fwiw
''Published Sep. 26, 1992|Updated Oct. 11, 2005
Authorities admitted it was a long shot _ not to mention an odd investigative technique.

But a billboard containing what may be the world's largest handwriting sample ultimately led police to the man they suspect in the most notorious murders in Tampa Bay history.
Oba Chandler, 45, has been charged with the rape of a vacationing Canadian tourist on a boat in the Gulf of Mexico on May 15, 1989.''

''Police had said for months that they would catch the Rogers' killer if they could identify the man who scribbled directions for the three women on an outdated tourist map. So they plastered the killer's handwriting on five billboards in West Tampa in July.

One day after the billboards went up, a friend or relative of Chandler's recognized the writing. That person, whom police will not identify, took a sample of Chandler's writing to police for comparison, said St. Petersburg Police Sgt. Glen Moore.

"If you saw that handwriting, there's no question it's the same handwriting," Moore said. "That's the lead that got us where we are," he said. An expert with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement also said a detailed analysis indicated the two handwriting samples matched.''

1677179115507.png
A billboard used to find out who wrote a note found in the Rogers family car after a mother and two daughters were found dead, floating in Tampa Bay in 1989. A neighbor recognized the handwriting, which led police to Oba Chandler. [Times 1992]

https://www.londonpolice.ca/en/abou...er-sent-to-the-Lottery-family-about-their-son
1677179268247.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back