CANADA Canada - Saskatoon, WhtFem 498UFSK, early 1900s murder victim, Jun'06

IMAGINE How wonderful it would be....if you cracked the case.

I found the identity of the person who placed the classified advertisement. She was Isabelle McIntosh. Her maiden name was Isabelle Pearson and she was the sister of the person in the classified advertisement. Many updates on the article.

Open call to Websleuths: try to find the date of death of an Agnes Goodall Pearson or any activity after 1924. She was born in 1870. Her parents were Alexander Pearson and Isabelle Pearson. Her sister was also named Isabelle Pearson before marrying.

Regarding Agnes Goodall Pearson:
  • She was definitely born in 1870 in Forgan, Fife, Scotland
  • She definitely appeared in the 1901 Scottish Census
  • Her name definitely appears in a newspaper classified ad in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan on August 9th, 1938 with a reference to the year 1922 as her last-heard-from time
  • Possible connection: an Agnes Pearson appears in the Henderson (near Saskatoon) directory in 1913
  • Possible connection: an Agnes Pearson appears in the 1923/24 Saskatoon directories
  • She then disappears from the records (challenge: prove this wrong) meaning that she could be deceased
  • She doesn't have a grave marker (challenge: prove me wrong, please)
  • Possible connection: maybe she ended up in the well in 1924 with her last contact to her sister Isabelle coming in 1922

Open call to Websleuths: try to find the date of death of an Agnes Goodall Pearson or any activity after 1924. She was born in 1870. Her parents were Alexander Pearson and Isabelle Pearson. Her sister was also named Isabelle Pearson before marrying.

Was anything else found in 2021? It looks like it's still an open case on the Doe network. If it hasn't been, I'll dig in and follow these genealogy leads and see if I can put any of those pieces together. I may be able to find some family members who have done DNA testing already as well.

Canada's Nameless - Saskatoon Jane Doe

Key Information:

Alias:
Saskatoon Jane Doe
The Lady in the Well

Location Found:
At the crossroads of Central Avenue and 108th Street,
East Saskatoon (previously Sutherland), Saskatchewan

Date Found:
June 29, 2006

Date of Death:
1920-1924, possibly in Spring or Autumn

Sex:
Female

Race:
Caucasian

Hair Colour:
Red-brown

Eye Colour:
Unknown

Height:
5'1

Weight:
Unknown but stocky

Clothing:
Skirt
Blouse
Undergarment, possibly a corset
18 karat gold necklace, missing pendant, possibly from Montreal

Additional Information:
Periodontal disease

Dental / DNA:
Available

Circumstances of Finding:
Jane Doe's remains were found in an abandoned well during the excavation of gas barrels at a convenience store in the east side of Saskatoon.

Dental work and clothing suggests Jane Doe was middle or upper class. Her death is suspected to have occurred after 1914 when the well would have been abandoned due to the addition of pipeline water to the city. The well belonged to the Shore Hotel which was built in 1912 and stood abandoned from 1919 to 1927.

Circumstances of Death:
Jane Doe's injuries suggest foul play. There is evidence that her left arm had been sawed off in order to place her in the well. Jane Doe was found wrapped in burlap and in a wooden barrel. On top of her remains were a man's vest and pants suggesting she was killed on site. Broken bottles were also found near the body.

------------------------

If you have any information about Saskatoon Jane Doe please contact:

Saskatoon Police Service: 1(306) 975-8300

Crime Stoppers: 1(800) 222-8477

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members