CANADA Canada - Sharin Morningstar Keenan, 9, Toronto, 23 Jan 1983

SillyBilly that's very good links up other elements of taunting in the case to the crime scene.

And it did devastate the detectives who found her you are right.

<rsbm>

I don't necessarily put that down to stupidity ... one article said the room was neat as a pin. He'd skipped, left the room neat, but Sharin's body in the fridge. He apparently wasn't a slob who left everything in disarray, so I suspect that act was intended for shock value / taunting.

Wonder if DMH was making a statement with a nasty twist of the LE command to " freeze!"?

Few questions based on Ridgen doc. Timeline:

1. Film about freeze dried food business with Sharin in it is made 16 months before she is murdered.

Howe is released 5 months after film made.

He left Prince Albert 3 days after he was released.

Ollie says Howe just moved in two months before Sharin was murdered.

So where was Howe in the previous 6 plus months before moving into the rooming house?

2. Det. Oldham has Sharin's coat either pulling it out of a bag to show or putting it in. Why is the coat so wrinkled?? There is another shot of her coat hanging on a hanger in Howe's room I believe.

3. Howe had a spider monkey. That will ring a bell in terms of the National Post article.

4. The shop boss gives Howe credit for very unusual degrees of intelligence at least in relation to mechanics. The guy in the Post article seems less that way.

5. I still don't understand as I repeat ad infinitum why Sharin looks so much older in the photo on the cover of the Ridgen doc. Way healthier and to me several years older.

6. Still curious about the translation in that Spanish article seemed to say LE had been to Howe's room before (couple of pages back). Ollie says nobody had been to the room since the day Sharin disappeared. My Spanish is not good I need to track someone down to translate.

7. Why did Howe skip town if he had a good job in PA? Why trade it for probably a minimum wage job in Toronto? And again, where was he in the interim?

To make sure we stay as confused as possible LOL: am older man disappeared from a lodge in Alaska in 2009 John Melvin Wipert as of this year some bloggers have been suggesting he is DMH so the man with the thousand faces!

I don't think Wipert is Howe (google his name and you will find info) though his appearance and living status are way closer to what LE had had in mind for Howe.

John Wipert at Charlie Project:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wipert_john.html

WS thread for John Wipert:

AK AK - John Wipert, 60, Wrangell-St. Elias National Park, June 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

7. Why did Howe skip town if he had a good job in PA? Why trade it for probably a minimum wage job in Toronto? And again, where was he in the interim?

Good question. Those mill jobs were hard to get and once you got them you were pretty secure for life. That mill closed down for years, in the process of opening again.

Newspaper article quickly shown title is "Father's Premonition She'll be Found Stuffed in a Fridge".

??

There is something very off about this case. I am not sure what since I didn't view all of the attached media. I know all murders seem "off", but this case seems partly straightforward in the reporting and partly "what the heck did I just read" in the reporting. I'm not surprised it's unsolved.

Why haven't the fingerprints hit on any criminal anywhere since 1983? This is plenty of time for all of Canada, every state in the U.S., and a few other places to be checked for arrest records. This guy did more types of crime besides murder. Or, he did up until Sharin was killed. Why would he suddenly stop? Why hasn't he been arrested on something? The way it is now (and has been for a while), if you get arrested for ANY reason in the U.S., you get fingerprinted. This guy is a heavy drinker (or was). It's hard to imagine he hasn't been arrested since before Sharin's murder.

Why is this entry listed under the murderer rather than the victim? Is it because he is "missing"?

ETA:
And I don't think his room was that amazingly neat if the photos are how it was found. it's just mostly empty. I guess he wiped everything down before he split. That was probably just to eliminate evidence. I don't know why they jumped to the conclusion that it was so excessively orderly he surely must have a military background. I mean, maybe he does*. But, a mostly empty room that has been dusted will be pretty neat looking as compared to a room where someone still has their stuff here and there.

*Wait, what am I saying? Either we know he does or does not if Howe is indeed the person they're seeking. See what I mean? This case is weird. Do they think Howe is not Howe and that is an alias? If they think he is Howe, then do they think he served in the military under an alias? How can they not know whether Howe was in the miliary? No matter what he did or how he left, there would be a record that he was in if he was indeed in. This case is very weird.

There is something very off about this case. I am not sure what since I didn't view all of the attached media. I know all murders seem "off", but this case seems partly straightforward in the reporting and partly "what the heck did I just read" in the reporting. I'm not surprised it's unsolved.

Why haven't the fingerprints hit on any criminal anywhere since 1983? This is plenty of time for all of Canada, every state in the U.S., and a few other places to be checked for arrest records. This guy did more types of crime besides murder. Or, he did up until Sharin was killed. Why would he suddenly stop? Why hasn't he been arrested on something? The way it is now (and has been for a while), if you get arrested for ANY reason in the U.S., you get fingerprinted. This guy is a heavy drinker (or was). It's hard to imagine he hasn't been arrested since before Sharin's murder.

Why is this entry listed under the murderer rather than the victim? Is it because he is "missing"?

ETA:
And I don't think his room was that amazingly neat if the photos are how it was found. it's just mostly empty. I guess he wiped everything down before he split. That was probably just to eliminate evidence. I don't know why they jumped to the conclusion that it was so excessively orderly he surely must have a military background. I mean, maybe he does*. But, a mostly empty room that has been dusted will be pretty neat looking as compared to a room where someone still has their stuff here and there.

*Wait, what am I saying? Either we know he does or does not if Howe is indeed the person they're seeking. See what I mean? This case is weird. Do they think Howe is not Howe and that is an alias? If they think he is Howe, then do they think he served in the military under an alias? How can they not know whether Howe was in the miliary? No matter what he did or how he left, there would be a record that he was in if he was indeed in. This case is very weird.

Rbbm.

Yes, this case has strange written all over it!
For one thing, why on earth would DMH bother to ' eliminate evidence" in his room, then leave the murdered little girl in his fridge?!

Dotr,

Because if you just glanced in the room, it'd look normal. So, that maybe buys a little time. Who knows what horrors might have been there.

But, it is true someone else could have placed her where she was found.

Another savvy and allegedly brutal Winnipeg chameleon..buddies?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/lo...-attack-claims-he-was-provoked-186128422.html
bbm.
"How and when Epp became Yoos -- and fooled authorities into believing him -- remains a mystery. The real John C. Yoos, 43, is an accomplished Canadian chess player living in Vancouver. He attended high school with Epp in Winnipeg and used to socialize with him, even after both men headed west to B.C. in the late 1990s. But they haven't crossed paths in at least seven years.

Yoos told the Free Press last year he learned of the situation when a friend called him, saying a man with the same name and age had just been arrested thousands of kilometres away.

"He was kind of kidding me about it, like ha ha, what a coincidence," said Yoos. He felt it was a little too close for comfort, especially given the fact he admits to having an unusual name.

Yoos conducted his own online search and was stunned to see the photo accompanying the arrest story. The tall, bald man was Epp. He immediately contacted police and learned Epp had also provided Yoos's birth date and U.S. Social Security number.

"It's clear to me now he's been living as me in the United States for a minimum of four years," said Yoos, who is a dual citizen. "He became me, likely so he could live in the U.S."

The case also hit home for several Winnipeggers who also grew up with Epp and found themselves speaking on the phone with Secret Service officials who routinely probe cases of identity theft. Former friends told the Free Press Epp went to high school in St. James, graduated and then began moving around a lot, with stops in Vancouver and Hawaii. They say Epp was living "on the streets" after falling on hard times, but would still take the time to send an annual Christmas card to his friends."

http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Reti...nted+1983+murder+year+girl/8886502/story.html
bbm
"Collins is still seemingly the last police officer to have ever had the fugitive in his clutches.

The 69-year-old retired Regina officer closely followed this summer's intriguing news of an Idaho man who claimed Howe once stayed with him. In a bizarre twist, FBI fingerprinted the man because police wondered if he might actually be Howe. Toronto police didn't respond to Leader-Post inquiries for an update, but recently the FBI collected the man's DNA sample for police in Canada.

"Nothing has been discounted yet," Det.-Sgt. Steve Ryan, head of Toronto police's cold case squad, told the National Post last week.

Still Collins has his doubts the Idahoan and Howe are one and the same.

The former homicide detective thinks about Howe almost every day. Collins scans faces for the one of the man he might have killed back in 1977, before Howe became a suspected killer.

"He's a survivor," says Collins, noting Howe turns 73 this month. "That guy is so cunning and devious, it wouldn't surprise me if he's found a way to duck under the radar."

A savvy investigator who grew adept at reading killers, Collins is confident Howe didn't change from the man he arrested, then with a record of more than 30 convictions including kidnapping, robbery and indecent assault on a 13-year-old girl. "I dare say, over the 30 years, there's a ton of other victims out there."

From above link a 'taste" of DMH's brashness.
bbm.
http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Reti...nted+1983+murder+year+girl/8886502/story.html

"Back on April 2, 1977, Howe approached a 29-yearold woman outside a drugstore at 14th Avenue and Retallack Street around 8 p.m. Unlawfully at large from a 48-hour prison pass, he lied to her about needing a babysitter, then pulled a razor knife and threatened to slice her throat. She slid to the ground, covering her head, and pulled $72 from her purse. Howe snatched it up and fled in the car stolen from a prison guard in Prince Albert.

Minutes later, Collins had the Marquis in his sights. The chase tore through streets and alleys, with speeds upwards of 80 miles (not kilometres) an hour. Howe careened off parked cars before wrapping the Marquis around a tree.

Believing Howe must be seriously injured, possibly even dead, Collins left his four-legged partner - a K-9 named Shazar - in the police car. Pulling open a door on the Marquis, he saw Howe sprawled across the front seat.

"I reached in to to see if he was OK, and all of a sudden he came up swinging." Collins fell backwards with Howe on top of him. As the two wrestled, Collins heard a ting-ting-ting - Howe's hunting knife skipping along the pavement. Howe broke free in a run. Collins, the adrenalin pumping, followed without stopping to get his K-9 partner.

In the darkness, he discovered Howe had a second knife, the one used to attack the woman. Collins ordered Howe to drop it, but the fugitive kept on running"

Came across this comment at the very bottom of page, by "C", with a claim that a boy had allegedly fallen victim to dmh the incident involved a shoelace, but the boy got away. Hope it is fine to post. Could DMH be responsible for any of the other crimes that involve a shoelace? have any other victims been found with a coin?
http://www.topix.com/forum/ca/toronto-on/T02KPM476JI4OST9P/p2

Just to note, some agencies indicate DMH's height as 5 10, others 5 9, wondering if his documented height is outdated ie. maybe last recorded whenDMH was a youth still to grow an extra inch or so,or it was purposely skewed by DMH himself ie, legs apart, knees bent, slumped ect.

Conversely, cowboy boots can have some pretty impressive heels on them, some wigs, weaves, pieces can add an inch or more to the scalp, throw on a big hat and "bob's yer uncle". jmo.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/wanted-recherches/sexu/howe-eng.htm
bbm.

"Description:

White male
Date of birth: 1940-09-26
Height: 5'10" (175 cm)
Weight: 170 lbs (75 kg)
Hair : Brown
Eyes: Brown
Identifying Marks:
- scar under left side of chin
- short crooked fingers
- weathered complexion
- small gap between front teeth
- hairy chest and arms, square shoulders, left handed
- known to wear a moustache, walks quickly and smokes heavily
Aliases:
- Michael Burns
- Wayne King
- Ralph Ferguson
- Jim Meyers

CONSIDERED VIOLENT AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. TAKE NO ACTION TO APPREHEND THIS PERSON YOURSELF."

Considering dotr's cowboy boots comment, does anyone know when LE record height if it is with shoes on or off?

Rummaging thru some pics wrt Miller and believe he is showing 2 different bags that are supposed to be the bag left behind by Tommy Ross. Also, could be the lighting, but IMO the bags appear a different colour green:

In the one below, the front has one long zippered compartment with 2 other smaller compartments:

http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com/2013/07/bag.jpg?w=300&h=225

In this one, the front has only the one long zippered compartment with no smaller compartments:

http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com/2013/07/sharin-keenan-morningstar-bag.jpg?w=620&h=465

Rummaging thru some pics wrt Miller and believe he is showing 2 different bags that are supposed to be the bag left behind by Tommy Ross. Also, could be the lighting, but IMO the bags appear a different colour green:

In the one below, the front has one long zippered compartment with 2 other smaller compartments:

http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com/2013/07/bag.jpg?w=300&h=225

In this one, the front has only the one long zippered compartment with no smaller compartments:

http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com/2013/07/sharin-keenan-morningstar-bag.jpg?w=620&h=465

It looks like both were shot in the same bright spot, but the first one looks like it may have been through the wash, or bleached by the sun.imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back