CANADA CANADA - Shawn Cameron Lamb, Suspected SK Caught in Winnipeg MB

"Premiers, aboriginal leaders seized with mitigating violence against women"

Heather Scoffield, The Canadian PressJul 24, 2012 15:32:00 PM

http://www.680news.com/news/nationa...seized-with-mitigating-violence-against-women

"OTTAWA - If Bernadette Smith could pull up a chair at Wednesday's meeting between Canada's premiers and aboriginal leaders, she would tell them about her missing sister — and chances are, the politicians would listen.

Violence against aboriginal women has surged to the top of the agenda for the premiers and the leaders of First Nations, Inuit and Metis groups gathering in Lunenburg, N.S. — and for that, Smith is grateful".

Snip.

" First Nations researchers have estimated that there are more than 600 aboriginal women who have gone missing over the past two decades, and that problems of violence against aboriginal women are profound, on reserve and off.

The issue has been debated in aboriginal circles for years, but has taken on significant momentum since the arrest last month of Shawn Cameron Lamb, accused in a string of killings involving aboriginal women in Winnipeg"

The search for the remains of Tanya Nepinak at Winnipeg's Brady Road landfill has been put off once again.

High winds have created safety concerns for the searchers, forcing a postponement until weather conditions improve, police announced on Tuesday.

The family of Nepinak, who Winnipeg police believe was killed by alleged serial killer Shawn Lamb, has been anxious for the search to begin and said Tuesday the delay is frustrating.
Tanya Nepinak, 31, went missing in September 2011. Winnipeg polcie believe she was killed, then placed in a garbage bin that was emptied at the Brady Road landfill.Tanya Nepinak, 31, went missing in September 2011. Winnipeg polcie believe she was killed, then placed in a garbage bin that was emptied at the Brady Road landfill. (Family photo)

"I'm disappointed. I'm frustrated. I want to get it over and done with," said Nepinak's sister, Gail Nepinak.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/story/2012/10/02/mb-nepinak-brady-road-landfill-search.html

Shawn Lamb pleads guilty to killing 2 Winnipeg women

The plea is part of a deal made with the Crown to have the charges reduced from second-degree murder in the deaths of Carolyn Sinclair, 25, and Lorna Blacksmith, 18.

The deal calls for two 10-year sentences for a total of 20 years in jail. The judge has not yet ruled on accepting the deal.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...-guilty-to-killing-2-winnipeg-women-1.2426459

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...niversary-of-missing-winnipeg-woman-1.2511252

"Claudette Osborne was 21 when she went missing in Winnipeg in July 2008.
claudette osborne

A vigil was held Saturday at the corner where Claudette Osborne was last seen in 2008. (Tamara Pimentel/CBC)

In spite of police and community efforts, no trace of her has ever been found.

About 40 people gathered in Winnipeg's North End at the corner of King Street and Selkirk Avenue where Osborne was last seen.

Osborne's sister, Bernadette Smith, said friends and family feel that someone knows something about what happened, and they won't stop these public displays until those responsible are found."

Not quite sure where to have put that news link from today, but thought maybe SL might be responsible for this missing girl too.

What about Amber Tuccaro? Went missing in Alberta, male was audio recorded (Link: Amber TUCCARO - MURDER INVESTIGATION - YouTube) The recording starts at 1:30

Her skull was found in Leduc Alberta in September 2012 (The same year the other two were killed) , she went missing in 2010. Amber of Native decent and was 5'6 and 144 pounds with black hair, she resembles the other ladies to me.

Thanks for posting, been trying to figure out who that voice belongs to on this thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31046&highlight=amber+tuccaro&page=3

From November 2013:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/shawn-lamb-sentenced-to-20-years-for-two-slayings-1.2426459

A Manitoba judge has sentenced Shawn Lamb to 20 years behind bars after he pleaded guilty to killing two women in Winnipeg...

On Thursday morning, Lamb pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the cases of Sinclair and Blacksmith. He has denied killing Nepinak...

Court was told Thursday Blacksmith was strangled with a TV cord. Lamb then went to buy drugs and dumped her body later that day.

Here is a recent report about Serial Killings in Canada:

Serial killers hunting large swaths of Canada: criminologist - APTN News
Very interesting article!
"While serial killers in urban centres can be from an assortment of walks of life, who hunt victims in a variety of settings and circumstances, those who prey in isolated rural areas are often long-haul truckers.

But don’t think that makes them easier to catch, Arntfield says.

“The (FBI’s) Highway Serial Killer Initiative has about 400 to 450 offender profiles of unidentified subjects on its database alone that are involved in the trucking industry for the entire Interstate system (in the US),” Arntfield told APTN InFocus host Melissa Ridgen.

Many of them travel back and forth across the Canada-U.S. border. Given the significant distances and jurisdictions involved, the lack of witnesses and fresh forensic evidence and often the fact that where a victim is found is nowhere near where she went missing, these cases are often tough to solve.

It’s a troubling issue that the trucking industry has come to accept – in the U.S. at least. Truckers Against Trafficking is a group that trains truckers how to be on the lookout for women in danger and also, predators among them. It’s not know how effective those tools are in prevention.

“In Canada we know even less about (serial killers on truck routes) because the data just isn’t available,” Arntfield said. “We’ve tried to build a database in Canada that would allow us very clearly to see and visualize on a screen, coast to coast, who is being targeted, what numbers and how. We’ve faced roadblocks at every turn in this country.”

Lack of political will to have such a database is only part of the problem.

“Murder data in Canada, is owned by StatsCan, and it decides, rather than the experts, who should know what,” he said. “Essentially control the narrative on homicide.”

The Federal government controls what the people get to know about homicides? It's a scarey situation that they control the narrative. Maybe that's why there are so many unsolved missing and murdered cases. I can' t trust and cant even bear to watch MSM and what's worse is that I just can't rule out that a world wide satanic cult would tie so many cases together.

The Federal government controls what the people get to know about homicides? It's a scarey situation that they control the narrative. Maybe that's why there are so many unsolved missing and murdered cases. I can' t trust and cant even bear to watch MSM and what's worse is that I just can't rule out that a world wide satanic cult would tie so many cases together.

Interesting post. I am a great fan of Unsolved Mysteries and have watched most episodes so many times I cannot watch them again. I am fond of a good conspiracy theory but we each pick our our favourites but you have to balance that the events of the world involve human beings with flaws if that makes sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back