Canada - Six dead in shootings at Mosque in Quebec City, 29 Jan 2017

A little surprising that no photos of the other poi seem to be floating around, imo.

Up to this point I had decided this was some internal sectarian Muslim thing. This new information adds some dark edges.

If one of the arrested is into fundamental Christianity, it changes assessment of this event into a possible hate crime by Bissonnette with the aid of a possible apostate member of the mosque. Just speculation which is all we can do at this point.

A mass shooting !

I agree, it has the hallmarks of "rookie terrorists" who are impulsively trying to make some kind of statement, and didn't think thru their martyrdom or escape plans very well. I don't think the earlier rumors that they are "syrians who entered canada last week" are at all credible.

However, there is no evidence at all that this was carried out by islamophobic white supremacists, nor is there any evidence it is linked to the pig head incident from last June, nor any relationship to Trump or his XO or the protests. But the media and politicians will do anything and everything they can to try to plant the idea, and then bury the story as quickly as possible before too many people figure out the truth. The pig head incident perpetrators didn't hurt or kill anyone; these terrorists DID.

And by the way, stand by for this to be "blamed" on "gun violence". One of the perps had TWO AK 47s and a collection of handguns in his backseat. So with all the strict gun control in Canada, apparently this terrorist had no problem getting lots of weapons to murder his victims. It's not really possible to blame this on a "lone wolf" terrorist, as there were 2 of them. Same with the perpetual "mental health" excuse that is usually trotted out-- there are 2 of them. So if it "can't" be radical islamic terrorists who murdered muslims at prayer in Canada, it will have to be "gun violence". Wait for it. Soon we will hear that "if only" there were stricter gun laws in Canada, this never would have happened. It was the "lax" gun laws that made them do it. SMH.

its not a left conspiracy that they haven't released the names, Canada waits until suspects have been officially charged before releasing names. I saw many twitter posts that it was Syrian refugees in Canada for a week. I don't believe that's going to be the truth.They even posted two names

The rumour seems to originate from someone who allegedly overheard LE saying something on the police radio.
This appears to be the only source, and it does not seem a very credible one.

However, it does underline that Québec / Canada has a problem with returning jihadists, some of them converts.

Still, it would be strange if a returning jihadist was thinking of ending his life after the attack. Somehow it does not make sense that someone would leave for Syriah, fight there, return to Canada and then get weak knees over an attack on a mosque. And leave the virgins in paradise waiting.

IMHO and I may be wrong, but despite the heavy weapons, these terrorists almost seem more like rookies, or at least one of them.

Just rambling -------(something I rarely do !!)

the guy was into a Chrisitan dude?

Am not sure which one called in to LE feeling a bit bad about shooting people praying.

Kinda getting the sense there was a leader and a follower

Looks very young in pic

Up to this point I had decided this was some internal sectarian Muslim thing. This new information adds some dark edges.

If one of the arrested is into fundamental Christianity, it changes assessment of this event into a possible hate crime by Bissonnette with the aid of a possible apostate member of the mosque. Just speculation which is all we can do at this point.

I agree --! (hate crime angle)

This may have been the unlikely pairing of an extremist Muslim who felt this mosque was teaching heresy, with an extremist Evangelical Christian who fell prey to some of the murderous ideas being taught by a few in that culture. I'd bet both went to the same college and probably met there.

Bisonete's FB page gives little clue to what my have been going on. He made one post sort of mocking the local Islamic Center, apart from that little else. Some indications of deep Christian belief.

Nuance

Mohamed Khadir:

s “late 20s to early 30s.”
The other, Bissonnette, is reported as having a Quebec accent.
Both Khadir and Bissonnette are expected to appear in court January 30, police told reporters at a briefing.

Bissonnette had called police and fled from the mosque.

“he felt bad because of the gesture he had just made and was threatening to shoot himself.”

Laval University,

54231340-fd63-4f5c-8530-e60ff2957192.jpg

university is about five minutes away from the shooting scene.

school is the oldest French-language university in North America,

school has a “large Muslim community”

http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/moham...nada-terrorism-who-is-family-wife-girlfriend/

Alexandre Bissonnette:

27-year-old

17 Minutes After the Shooting, Bissonnette Called 911 to Say He Felt Guilty About What He’d Done & Wanted to Turn Himself In

alexandre-bissonnette-1.jpg

Quebec native, told the 911 dispatcher he was going to shoot himself. About 8:45 p.m., he told police he wanted to be arrested.

public college in Quebec City. There are about 28,500 undergraduate students and 8,500

alexandre-bissonnette-10.jpg

After calling 911, the suspected shooter parked his car, a Mitsubishi, on the Island of Orleans bridge, and officers from the Tactical Intervention Group arrived and took him into custody

feared the Mitsubishi may have been rigged with explosives.

wore masks,

One of the gunmen left the mosque to reload and came back. He then ran out of bullets a second time, reloaded and returned for a third round of shooting

previous hate crime incident at the mosque

everal CCTV cameras on the building.

mosque has about 5,000 members and is one of six in the Quebec City region

[FONT=&quot]from Cap-Rouge, Quebec.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He is studying anthropology and political science at Université Laval in Quebec City, and has been a student there since 2012.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] His last public post, on January 20, was a photo of a dog wearing a Dominos pizza delivery outfit, with the caption, “I want one! #fridayfeeling.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Other photos show him with family, with friends at parties and in a Halloween costume, as the killer from the movie “Scream.”

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]posted recently about discoveries on Pluto, camping and wanting to travel one day to Torngat Mountains National Park. He also shared a video last year about a brewery owned by members of the band Megadeth.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In November 2015, he posted a photo of medals he said belong to his grandfather.

likes the Facebook pages of U.S. President Donald Trump and French far-right leader Marine Le Pen, but he does not express support for them elsewhere on his page. Other likes include the Israel Defense Forces, United With Israel and Parti Québécois of Université Laval.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/alexa...-gunman-shooter-photos-pictures-video-motive/
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Hi

I have had trouble also which this far out is unique IMO

Maybe this is why.. Also to keep everyone safe maybe- in case others are involved and perhaps even to prevent retaliation ect. imo, speculation.Maybe a sort of cooling, soothing yogart to accompany a very hot dish.
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...ted-after-shooting-at-quebec-city-mosque.html

Both suspects have been arrested. At a press conference Monday morning police released little information about the alleged shooters — except to say they were men, were not known to police, and are in their 20s and 30s. Police refused to release their identities “out of respect for the judicial process.”
Quebec City newspaper Le Soleil also reported early Monday morning that investigators were executing search warrants at two residences. One home, which is reportedly linked to the suspect who fled after the shooting, was located on rue du Tracel in the neighbourhood of Cap-Rouge. Another search was conducted in an apartment building located just around the corner from the mosque.

Looks kinda nerdy?

[FONT=&quot]The fact that the attack was on a mosque strongly suggests that this was a hate crime and an act of terrorism.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A number of incidents of Islamophobia have been reported in Quebec in recent years.

[/FONT]
The pig and then

[FONT=&quot]A few weeks later a letter reading "What is the most serious: a pig's head or a genocide" was distributed in the neighbourhood.[/FONT]

Alexandre-Bissonnette.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Five people are considered to be in a critical condition.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] he "felt bad" due to his alleged role

[/FONT]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/first-picture-quebec-gunman-who-9722588

Just rambling -------(something I rarely do !!)

the guy was into a Chrisitan dude?

Am not sure which one called in to LE feeling a bit bad about shooting people praying.

Kinda getting the sense there was a leader and a follower

Looks very young in pic

He was the one who called the police.

Interesting hunch about the leader / follower situation! I wonder who was who and how that happened. And where they got the guns.

We need more info about the other one.

This is absurd. First they refuse to release their names and now all the attention is geared IN OVERDRIVE towards Bissonnette and NOTHING, NOTHING AT ALL about the other shooter.

Are we framing something, Canada?

Europe has some experience with Merkel and the EUSSR gagging the media, and we smell rats.

This is absurd. First they refuse to release their names and now all the attention is geared IN OVERDRIVE towards Bissonnette and NOTHING, NOTHING AT ALL about the other shooter.

Europe has some experience with Merkel and the EUSSR gagging the media, and we smell rats.

I share your skepticism. Someone may be desperate to frame this as a hate crime by a Christian extremist. My theory so far is that these two shared a mutual hatred toward this mosque and formed an odd alliance

Bisonette's FB page has been taken down. He was getting all the usual 'Burn in hell' posts. .

This may have been the unlikely pairing of an extremist Muslim who felt this mosque was teaching heresy, with an extremist Evangelical Christian who fell prey to some of the murderous ideas being taught by a few in that culture. I'd bet both went to the same college and probably met there.

Bisonete's FB page gives little clue to what my have been going on. He made one post sort of mocking the local Islamic Center, apart from that little else. Some indications of deep Christian belief.

I would place the probability of a joint moslem / evangelical terror team into the extremely unlikely category (though still possible in theory). In contrast, my guess is that Bissonette is going to be revealed to be a socially isolated individual who was "drifting" through life in many different ways and looking for an identity. One indication of this possible drifting is that he seems to be an older student.

In regards to religion, my guess is that Bissonette started out as at least nominally Catholic (most French Canadians are Catholic, with an emphasis on the nominal). Looking for a new identity, he then drifted briefly into an evangelical church and converted, but only in a sense as his social media does not indicate that he was an active believer.

A period of time later, and Bissonette is drifting again. This time, he drifts into Islam and as extreme Islam offers more of an identity, he became friends with the other shooter (Mohammed). He then drifts into a terror attack with out really thinking it out.
[FONT="]The fact that the attack was on a mosque strongly suggests that this was a hate crime and an act of terrorism.

My guess is that B's motives, probably like alot in his life, are going to be pretty garbled. The other shooter had been a member of the Mosque and had joined a break away faction after they deemed to mosque to be too liberal.

Maybe the other person has some aliases or something, or there is some other reason to be slow before releasing info. IDK. I'd rather it take a little longer and be sure it is the right person, ykwim?

Maybe the other person has some aliases or something, or there is some other reason to be slow before releasing info. IDK. I'd rather it take a little longer and be sure it is the right person, ykwim?

FB has 5 long pages filled with the same name. Lots of persons named Mohamed Khadir only. I did not look for Mohammed or Muhamed, but there are probably many more with a slightly different spelling.

One of two gunmen who shouted 'Allahu akbar!' as they opened fire at a mosque in Quebec City was of Moroccan origin, a witness and local media reported Monday, revealing the first details about the attackers in the massacre that killed six men.

The terror suspects were identified as Mohamed el Khadir and Alexandre Bissonnette, a court clerk told The Associated Press. The two men were arrested soon after the shooting at the Quebec Islamic Cultural Centre Sunday night and were expected to appear in court later Monday, police told reporters.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau condemned the attack, calling it a &#8220;terrorist attack on Muslims.&#8221; {<<<interesting---A terrorist attack on Muslims by a Muslim?]

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/01/30/at-least-five-killed-in-shooting-at-quebec-city-mosque.html

Jan 30
12:04
13m
Peter Goffin
Five things to know about the Quebec City mosque shooting as of noon:

-Six men between the ages of 35 and 70 are confirmed dead

-Two men were taken into custody Monday night but police now say one is merely a witness to the shooting. Police say they do not believe there are other suspects.

-Five victims remain in hospital, two in serious condition. All are expected to survive.

-PM Justin Trudeau called the shooting an act of terrorism.

-Donald Trump has spoken with PM Trudeau, expressing his condolences and offering assistance.

https://twitter.com/petergoffin?lang=en

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back