CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this quote anyway, NBG, as there are pics here that I have not seen.

I notice in the pictures that Sonia's upper window is open in the picture, and also the garage door is open.

I wonder why there would be blood on the front step, assuming it is hers :-( , if her car was parked IN the garage (woudn't the perp rather HIDE what he was doing, by going in the garage, from the inside door to the garage?)???????

LE may have opened the garage door not necessarily the perp.

In my opinion the garage was too small for the perp to carry the body through the garage with the car parked inside there. I think he had no choice but to take her out the front door and place her in the trunk (assuming the car was parked in the garage frontward).

Did he take her keys from her purse? I wonder. I never know where my keys are - so maybe Sonia kept them in plain sight?

I am thinking the screams were such that he had to rush out of there before someone saw him and was messy and wasn't thinking.

:waitasec: Hmmm, is he saying that Sonia had her door unlocked?

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crime/article/858113

I think he is saying he doesn't know. But if this occurred at 3 a.m. as indicated by people who heard screams, I doubt she would have left her door unlocked at this hour. But, there is always the possibility that she left the door open earlier allowing access, or the person had a key to her home (Former boyfriend or maintenance worker who got their hands on a copy of the key). Maybe this is also why there are saying that the perp was familiar with Sonia.

Thanks for posting this quote anyway, NBG, as there are pics here that I have not seen.

I notice in the pictures that Sonia's upper window is open in the picture, and also the garage door is open.

I wonder why there would be blood on the front step, assuming it is hers :-( , if her car was parked IN the garage (woudn't the perp rather HIDE what he was doing, by going in the garage, from the inside door to the garage?)???????

Is there are door going into the house from the garage. My townhouse doesn't have one.

I can't help but think that they may have got a partial print on the gas/break pedal. If he took her out of the house and put her in her car and drove it, it seems likely that there certainly would have been some type of print on the pedals. Could they get a partial print even if he took the time to wipe it clean? I don't think he took much time to be careful but what do I know?

That, and realistically they likely had partial prints from all over the place, even if there was an attempt to clean up any one of the crime scenes.

Based on a bloody footprint left at one of three crime scenes

“We need anyone who knows someone who wears boots like these, who’s familiar with this area, came home on Aug. 30 with unexplained staining on their clothing or their boots, has since discarded these boots or does so after today’s announcement”

The man also might have purchased new boots since Aug. 30 to replace the blood-stained pair.

Read more: http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/09/09/fear-grips-orangeville-after-murder/#ixzz0z2wtGmqx

The print must not have left an imprint of the actual name. The souls look the same to me except one says Wind River or Dakota.

Can anyone remember Sonia's exact address. Thanks.

According to a Town of Orangeville meeting this condominum is associated with Dufferin Condominium Corporation 15 as of last September 28, 2009.

I thought maybe someone might be able to dig up some information on this or maintenance. I know it is a stretch but just putting it out there.

Is there are door going into the house from the garage. My townhouse doesn't have one.
My townhouse condo didn't have a inside door to the garage when I bought it but I've had one put in. I have noticed that most of my neighbours don't and have to go out the front door to go into their garage.

According to a Town of Orangeville meeting this condominum is associated with Dufferin Condominium Corporation 15 as of last September 28, 2009.

I thought maybe someone might be able to dig up some information on this or maintenance. I know it is a stretch but just putting it out there.

I did come across this while searching. Sonia and several others opposing some housing that was to be built.

Page 4 dated Sept /09

http://www.orangeville.ca/cms/documents/2865/09-09-28.pdf

I wonder if the drivers seat was still adjusted to the person's height, or if he remembered to put the seat back up to where Sonia would normally have it.

lol, okay I edited my post

I think LE wanted to include both brands, since they are so similar looking in appearance, and the treads themselves certainly appear to be identical. Maybe LE has the "wind river" stamp in their print(s) and maybe they don't. Perhaps they only have a partial, and of course, they wouldn't know what the upper looked like on the boot, unless they had forensic evidence from the material of the boot itself.

I wonder if LE can tell if the boot was new or well worn by the clarity of the print(s)?

BBM: I'm no CSI expert, though I'd think depending on how good the print is that they found, LE would be able to tell whether or the boot was new or old.

Dakota and WindRiver are exclusive brands to Mark's Work Wearhouse, so I suspect that is why they look similiar and have a very similiar tread pattern.

Brands
The chain has a number of exclusive brands, including Denver Hayes, WindRiver (casual), BluePine, Dakota (work/casual wear&work boots; formerly Mark's), WorkPro (work boots) and the new ladies collection, Ispiri. They still carry Levi's, Lee's, Carhartt, Point Zero, J. B. Goodhue, Sorel, Dickies and many other popular brands. The few franchise stores carry different brands such as Columbia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark's_Work_Wearhouse

I suspect that they found at least one print at the last crime scene (when they found Sonia) and that's why they are mentioning it now. It's possible that they found a print in her house (in the blood on the floor) and were keeping it to themselves, now that they have found another print that they can match they have decided to let the general public know - that's JMO

LE may have opened the garage door not necessarily the perp.

Yep, could be, I wondered this too, it's possible, depends when the pic was taken, I suppose. I think LE would leave everything intact as they found it, and considering the blood stains were not cleaned up, I presume that the door was indeed opened by the perp, and the window was open when LE arrived.

Based on a bloody footprint left at one of three crime scenes

“We need anyone who knows someone who wears boots like these, who’s familiar with this area, came home on Aug. 30 with unexplained staining on their clothing or their boots, has since discarded these boots or does so after today’s announcement”

The man also might have purchased new boots since Aug. 30 to replace the blood-stained pair.

Read more: http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/09/09/fear-grips-orangeville-after-murder/#ixzz0z2wtGmqx

From the quote above:

The *person* might have purchased new boots, new shoes, new-to-them boots, new-to-them shoes, or they also might have tucked the blood-stained boots away in a closet, and pulled out a *different* pair of boots.

Noticing any alteration in footwear by people in the general vicinity of Orangeville, would probably prove useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherriS