CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police dismiss report nurse dismembered
Last Updated: September 2, 2010 6:12pm
“The investigators advise that these reports are erroneous and unsubstantiated,” the statement said.

In an interview minutes earlier, OPP spokesman Const. Peter Leon said several harmful “rumours and speculation” had been reported as fact.
“It’s a very large, largely agricultural area,” with large cornfields that require close examination,” Leon said. “There are also deeply forested and swampy areas.”

In addition to patrolling on foot, in cruisers and with all-terrain vehicles, police in an OPP helicopter equipped with forward-looking infrared, are covering wider areas and have scanned Orangeville’s only open body of water, a shallow lake.
Investigators appealed again for town and rural residents to “closely examine their properties for anything that may appear to be out of ordinary,” suspicious or out-of-place.

“If anything out of the ordinary is located, the police should be contacted immediately.”
Anyone with information was asked to call police at 519-941-2522 ext. 2211 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

read more: http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2010/09/01/15216436.html

By Wednesday, the investigation appeared to shift entirely to Unit 21, 5 Spring St., where two police officers were stationed on the street and the area was taped off. There was a command trailer and two cruisers at the scene, and one officer indicated the investigation was continuing inside.

http://www.citizen.on.ca/news/2010-09-02/Front_Page/Foul_play_seen_in_nurses_disappearance.html

5 Spring St, Orangeville, Ontario click on birds eye view

http://www.bing.com/maps/#JndoZXJlM...lMjEuMTc1NTc5MjU1MTA1NyU3ZS0xMTUuNzQ0MTQwNjI1

or this one click on orange man to walk around

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...Dufferin+County,+Ontario+L9W+2K3,+Canada&z=16

Valleyboy, just behind Spring St, on Townline Rd is that a water treatment plant?

Valleyboy, just behind Spring St, on Townline Rd is that a water treatment plant?

Not sure what it is but I sent my son an email to inquire about it be he may be gone away for the long weekend.

Not sure what it is but I sent my son an email to inquire about it be he may be gone away for the long weekend.

Okay, thanks. A lot of open spaces around that. I zoomed in on that place but can't find a name.

anyone know which property we're supposed to be looking at?

google maps pulled up 6 spring st. so would 5 spring st. be on the opposite side or is the address incorrect or what?

ETA: I just don't see anything on that short, dead-end street that would be a building with 21 units in it?

If you zoom in with the little man it takes you to 3 Spring st, so I walked to the next house but there is no way there is a unit 21 there. That is the address the newspaper gave, so no idea if it is incorrect or not.

ETA: Does she live on Spring st? Okay the maps are driving me crazy. lol Can anyone else figure this out?

I found a listing for 5 spring st.

(picture #29) 5 Spring St, L9W1M8
Orangeville Mono Ontario
INFORMATION: ID:W1880744, Listing Date:2010-05-27, Maintenance Cost:$112.0, Postal Code:L9W 1M8, Property Condition:Finan, Insp, Status, Ins, Property Features:park, Property Type:Condo...

3 bedrooms | 1 bathroom

http://property.trovit.ca/townhouse-orangeville-pictures

This is the map they show for the house.

http://property.trovit.ca/index.php...18/lat.43.917605/lng.-80.089113/ad_id.1203073

If you zoom in with the little man it takes you to 3 Spring st, so I walked to the next house but there is no way there is a unit 21 there. That is the address the newspaper gave, so no idea if it is incorrect or not.

I walked up & down that street & zoomed in on what house numbers I could find - wonder if it's supposed to be Spring Ave. or something ...

the lot at the end of the street with all the cars & various buildings is interesting though - perhaps a business could have a unit 21?

I walked up & down that street & zoomed in on what house numbers I could find - wonder if it's supposed to be Spring Ave. or something ...

the lot at the end of the street with all the cars & various buildings is interesting though - perhaps a business could have a unit 21?

Yes, I noticed all those cars. This murder seems like it was personal just by the way the crime scene is described. And it seems strange that her car was found with the front doors and trunk open. Why would the perp draw attention to it like that, plus abandon it in such a place that it would get discovered asap. I don't think the perp had time to take her very far. I think this was a spur of the moment crime, not thought out at all and the perp had to of been covered in blood as well.

I found that house ( 5 Spring St.) listed for sale back in May, I did an edit and put the info with my last post.

The answer I received from my son.

That is the water treatment plant for Orangeville. Takes up most of the corner as you drive Townline around the bend up to Broadway

http://www.680news.com/news/local/a...schin-disappearance-at-friday-news-conference

Police to update Sonia Varaschin disappearance at Friday news conference

ORANGEVILLE, Ont. - More details on the disappearance of an Orangeville, Ont., nurse may be released at a news conference late Friday morning.

The news conference will be held at 11 a.m.

Police said the evidence so far suggests 42-year-old Sonia Varaschin was not attacked by a stranger, but likely by someone she knew.

Ontario Provincial Police Det.-Insp. Mark Pritchard said investigators will continue the search, but they need help from the public.

The massive police team that has been combing Orangeville since Sunday includes cadaver dogs and experts in criminal profiling.

Varaschin's blood-splattered white Toyota Corolla was discovered abandoned in a laneway early Monday with the car's front doors and trunk wide open. More blood was found at her townhome.

Her friends are planning to hold a candlelight prayer vigil outside Orangeville's Town Hall Sunday night

http://www.680news.com/news/local/a...schin-disappearance-at-friday-news-conference

Police to update Sonia Varaschin disappearance at Friday news conference

ORANGEVILLE, Ont. - More details on the disappearance of an Orangeville, Ont., nurse may be released at a news conference late Friday morning.

The news conference will be held at 11 a.m.

Police said the evidence so far suggests 42-year-old Sonia Varaschin was not attacked by a stranger, but likely by someone she knew.

Ontario Provincial Police Det.-Insp. Mark Pritchard said investigators will continue the search, but they need help from the public.

The massive police team that has been combing Orangeville since Sunday includes cadaver dogs and experts in criminal profiling.

Varaschin's blood-splattered white Toyota Corolla was discovered abandoned in a laneway early Monday with the car's front doors and trunk wide open. More blood was found at her townhome.

Her friends are planning to hold a candlelight prayer vigil outside Orangeville's Town Hall Sunday night

Forgive me for being so graphic but... wouldn't blood "spatters" inside the car indicate that she might not have been deceased when placed in there and more violence occurred inside the car to perhaps "finish the job" so to speak? I would think if she were already deceased the description would likely be "pools" of blood rather than spatters.

I guess it could also mean the act started in the car and the perp finished her off in the townhouse then moved her back to the car for disposal. However, I think the first instance seems more likely.

IMO

Blood-soaked bed sheets were taken from Sonia Varaschin’s home and investigators believe they may have been used to conceal her body.

“We’re looking for a beige or cream-coloured fitted sheet and comforter,” Det. Insp. Mark Pritchard said at a news conference on Friday.

“The culprit left the scene covered in a significant amount of blood, both on his footwear and clothing,” Pritchard said.

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityn...nnection-with-sonia-varaschin-s-disappearance

I doubt they will find them, if the suspect is smart, he/she will have burned the sheets along with his/her clothing. I notice on one of the pictures previously posted showing the blood on her car, it looks like someone's hand smeared the blood on the back, so I'm going to assume that she was placed in the trunk - that's JMO

Blood-soaked bed sheets were taken from Sonia Varaschin’s home and investigators believe they may have been used to conceal her body.

“We’re looking for a beige or cream-coloured fitted sheet and comforter,” Det. Insp. Mark Pritchard said at a news conference on Friday.

“The culprit left the scene covered in a significant amount of blood, both on his footwear and clothing,” Pritchard said.

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityn...nnection-with-sonia-varaschin-s-disappearance

I doubt they will find them, if the suspect is smart, he/she will have burned the sheets along with his/her clothing. I notice on one of the pictures previously posted showing the blood on her car, it looks like someone's hand smeared the blood on the back, so I'm going to assume that she was placed in the trunk - that's JMO

After seeing the blood smears on the bumper I envisioned a blood soaked perp reaching into the trunk and his clothing (pants) touching the bumper and creating the blood smears. I am still confused about the blood "spatters" in the car however if she was deceased at her townhome first and wrapped in sheets then placed in the car.

After seeing the blood smears on the bumper I envisioned a blood soaked perp reaching into the trunk and his clothing (pants) touching the bumper and creating the blood smears. I am still confused about the blood "spatters" in the car however if she was deceased at her townhome first and wrapped in sheets then placed in the car.

TexasLil, that's a good point, it could have been clothing that caused the smear.

As for the blood "spatters", it could just be the media not reporting the information correctly, which tends to happen a lot. The only think I can think of for spatters in the car, if Sonia fought her attacker, and caused him/her to bleed, he/she might have left "drops of bloods" in the car, again, that's JMO.

Let's hope he left his DNA behind. They should have lots of evidence as this was a hurried crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA