Found Deceased Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems plausible that Sara may have been in a relationship with ED ... which is why the family had their immediate suspicions.

They may have been hiding their relationship from her family, her ex-boyfriend, his girlfriend ... maybe they had a heated argument & he murdered her - most likely in a way that didn't wake anyone up or alert anyone.

I haven't followed that close to know or if it's been reported whose property it was she was found on Matou. But it's been reported ED had a home in the SkyView area.

It's pure speculation on my part, but I suspect how LE were able to find TM was whatever vehicle ED used to transport her in and then abandoned her little body, that vehicle perhaps had GPS (both vehicles look like recent models, IIRC SB's being a 2016 model) and LE were able to retrieve the information from it. MOO.

snip

I think it was more likely his cell phone pings that lead them out to that area, because on the CTV report that day they showed on the map a very large search area between Delacour and Chestermere, it encompassed many properties and roads, and a gps would have been able to pinpoint the spot more precisely.

Sorry I can't upload this photo from my device, but on the right hand side further down the page there's a photo of LE yesterday at the place she was found.
http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/calgary-man-charged-with-first-degree-murder-in-double-homicide-1.2988169

It's off the side of the road, not directly on the property. I have seen other photos, I can't find them now, showing tire tracks leading from the road to that line of trees. I belive that following the tire tracks are how she was discovered, otherwise it would have taken much much longer to search that very large region.

Anyone know if TK, the "godmother" of Taliyah Marsman has made any comment about the suspect's identity?

She initially stated that "the family...all has one obvious suspect in mind."
Everyone assumed she meant the father.

Her godmother said the family had some one in mind but after TM was found and ED's name released she and other family members said they had never heard of him.
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...d-before-we-even-got-involved-police-say.html

It seems plausible that Sara may have been in a relationship with ED ... which is why the family had their immediate suspicions.

They may have been hiding their relationship from her family, her ex-boyfriend, his girlfriend ... maybe they had a heated argument & he murdered her - most likely in a way that didn't wake anyone up or alert anyone.

Has it been discussed here yet about what the cake was for that SB had purchased at DQ on Sunday evening? Wasn't it said that she hadn't been seen since Sunday morning, until the DQ footage came out? Wondering if she had been going to a birthday dinner or just a bbq or something and bringing dessert? Perhaps with ED?

If SB and TM had attended a dinner party somewhere on Sunday night, I don't believe anyone had stepped forward to say that they were with them.... which would be unusual, unless there was a reason for them to NOT admit to that.

If the family didn't know ED ... then I would speculate that the family suspected CM, especially since there was a history of domestic abuse plus a recent custody issue.

The 'no contact order' is most interesting - especially as people are saying it's uncommon. How would someone being held for murder be able to contact the family (presumably CM) and WHY would the judge think this was even a possibility? These 2 men must know each other, despite CM saying he didn't know ED.

JMO

I don't think the no-contact order is that strange at all. This is copied from the website of the Department of Justice in Canada. It could be possible that it's as simple as ED having made threats towards CM. Also it is quite common (in the US anyway) to put no-contact orders on suspects who are in jail. That covers them making contact through third parties, and would also already be in place just in case they bail out.

http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/victims-victimes/factsheets-fiches/orders-ordonnances.html

Under What Circumstances is a No-Contact Order made?

[FONT=&amp]An accused will be placed under a no-contact order when:[/FONT]

• the victim is likely to be a witness against the accused at trial;
  • the accused is charged with an offence involving violence or threats against the victim; or
  • the victim expresses a concern based on reasonable grounds about being contacted by the accused.
[FONT=&amp]The prosecutor or the Court also takes many other factors into account, depending on the accused and the charges. Usually, the seriousness of the offence is an important factor in deciding whether to grant a no-contact order. For example, a no-contact condition would likely be ordered when an accused is charged with assault or uttering threats against a victim.[/FONT]

If the family didn't know ED ... then I would speculate that the family suspected CM, especially since there was a history of domestic abuse plus a recent custody issue.

The 'no contact order' is most interesting - especially as people are saying it's uncommon. How would someone being held for murder be able to contact the family (presumably CM) and WHY would the judge think this was even a possibility? These 2 men must know each other, despite CM saying he didn't know ED.

JMO
In the Bosma case, the suspect sent letters to someone on his no contact list, probably delivered via a family visitor.

The no contact doesn't necessarily mean they're known to each other, just that LE wants to be sure there's no contact. What if, for eg, they were related but never met, or had mutual friends, and ED wrote threatening letters referring to these connections.

I'm guessing ED was in some sort of relationship with SB...how else did the police identify him as a suspect.
They didn't pull him over just because he was black and driving a silver Charger...
Probably had cell phone records from SB's phone.
Even if ED was using a burner...he probably didn't get rid of it right away.

Hiding the body in the closet suggests panic...that, and still being there mid-morning.
I think he was in the habit of parking a couple blocks away so nobody would see his car at her place.

Has his wife/GF been arrested or questioned?
Where did she think he was all night?

The no contact order is most likely because CM will be a witness in some capacity at the trial and there may also be concerns that ED may try to contact CM (for what I can only guess would be to threaten/terrorize CM) *edit/add-on* via 3ed parties they may have in common.

It was CM's bday on this past weds, the vake was most likely for him :(

A friend who knew Sara told me that Sara had been trying to get sole custody for a long time, for the safety of the child. It makes sense that the entire family would suspect the father immediately based on that.

That, of course, does *not* mean the father had anything to do with this crime. It just explains the godmother's comment.

A friend who knew Sara told me that Sara had been trying to get sole custody for a long time, for the safety of the child. It makes sense that the entire family would suspect the father immediately based on that.

That, of course, does *not* mean the father had anything to do with this crime. It just explains the godmother's comment.

Did she say why she felt her daughters safety was an issue? I mean what was the father doing to make her concerned for her daughter being with him? Drug dealer? Gangs?

A new discussion thread is being prepared. This one has gotten long. Please be prepared to move to Thread #2

This one will close in ten minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members