Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think it was weird...why do you think so, if you don't mind me asking?

I thought the mother seemed quite detached/ unemotional... That's coming from me though, I cried for days when my dog died and could barely speak to anyone, never mind give press interviews! :( Yeah, she'd probably still be in shock as it was so unexpected... Even when she cried on camera, though, her face wasn't all red and puffy and snotty like mine when I cry in grief.

that is what she is saying... could be true, but might not be. in the ember graham case, the couple were supposedly "reconciling" and jamie seemed to be by matthew's side until he ran when they found her pacifier, and was killed by the cops. then thye were "estranged". it is completely understandable to try to distance yourself from that.

i def am not saying mom had anything to do w DS but its possible.

I think it was weird, too, but for a different reason--it makes even less sense now that she's said they never dated and she hasn't even seen or talked to him in years.

Regarding the other murder, I am wondering if they're connected, too. It seems strange that two unrelated murders would happen in a place like the Pass within a week of each other. However, there is an incident that happened at a fast-food place down there that may be connected to the Coleman murder.

What is it with young people today? She dated Terry, she lived with him and she had a baby with him, yet she has no clue where he went to high school? I watch The First 24 Hours all the time and am amazed when cops are investigating someone and the mother of their children doesn't even know his last name! Very sad society.

I've been married for almost 8 years and while I think I know where my husband went to high school, I'm not 100% positive. Maybe it just never came up.

I didn't think it was weird, either. Just heartbreaking.

The situation is certainly heartbreaking. I'm not meaning to cast aspersions on the girl. I've said from the start of my posts I don't think she had anything to do with it. Nevertheless, I did find it a weird interview. I got the impression Cheyenne agreed to the press scrum less to talk about this tragedy that had occurred and more to control the narrative the MSM is building around this story. This is probably totally innocent, and she just doesn't want lies and half truths becoming received wisdom.

i have a friend who would always complain about her ex/childs father (they split before i had met her)... and then i found out who she was complaining about was an acquaintance. lol but i do live in a big city.

"Ms. Dunbar said Wednesday that she didn’t know her former partner, Mr. Blanchette, knew the man."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-in-alberta-amber-alert-case/article26378688/

It seems likely DS would have been aware of the connections between them.

What is it with young people today? She dated Terry, she lived with him and she had a baby with him, yet she has no clue where he went to high school? I watch The First 24 Hours all the time and am amazed when cops are investigating someone and the mother of their children doesn't even know his last name! Very sad society.

Seriously? Terry was 27 years old and they grew up in different places. WHO CARES where he went to HS. It was a stupid question and this poor lady had the grace to answer it honestly. If I had just recently learned that my daughter was murdered, I wouldn't even be able to tell you my name, never mind what high school my ex went to. Lots of people have children without getting married. Please refrain from passing moral judgements and making sweeping generaliztions.

But there is a large age gap between her and Terry. School gets less important the older you get. I am 28, and I can't remember the last time I talked about what school I went to.

As for the interview, its easy to think we would all be crying and inconsolable, but until you are faced with something of this magnitude none of us can truly say how we would react. Right now she is in shock, adrenaline is probably seeing her through. She is probably on the go, surrounded by people. IMO it won't sink in until a few days have passed, and the initial flurry dies down, and she has some private alone time. That is when it will hit her.

I also have to say, the fact that she spends two weeks without her daughter probably makes it a bit different in the short term. She is already used to Hailey not being around some of the time. I know that when my oldest goes to her dads I can rest easy as I am used to it, but when my youngest stays over at her grandparents I am constantly aware of her absence, because it is not a usual thing for her to be away from me. (She is only a month older than Hailey...this has been a really hard case to read.) Of course it doesn't make losing her child any easier, but that initial processing could be harder. I hope that makes sense.

All JMO.

I was so encouraged to see how highly Cheyenne spoke of TB. Their interactions over FB were the same - respectful, kind and gentle. That shows maturity many wouldn't have at such a young age.

No it wasn't weird. She's 20 years old and in shock because her baby and ex (whom she was on good terms with) were murdered! Twice she was asked about Hailey and started crying. If anything was weird, it was the innane questions they were asking her. What high school did DS go to? What high school did Terry go to? Geeze... who cares! Find out yourselves (I mean the reporters, not people here).

I agree!
What high school anyone went to has no bearing on this case!
This young lady just had her two year old and ex bf murdered, and the reporters want to know what schools everyone attended?!
Not important, IMO.

I may be a little all over the place here so bear with me...

EDIT: The link I gave had wrong info regarding the cleaning company. Disregard that please.

Is the murder of the elderly woman related? My guess is yes. Which hopefully makes more sense as to why suddenly CD is telling us she hasn't spoken to DS in years. It was random. Maybe he made a delivery to the elderly woman's home or she was a customer. Maybe TB and DS had words and DS couldn't move on about it. It is entirely possible that CD had nothing at all to do with this. I feel that maybe DS murdered Terry, then took the poor child and because she had to have been loud, he killed her as well.

It is horrible.

I think that article is wrong. My understanding is that the S******* family owns <modsnip>Cleaners, not the Blanchette family.

I looked up the Saretsky name when I first heard it and what came up was a post with the name of the owner, from long before any of this ever happened.

This story states that DS worked at the Blanchette family owned cleaners.

http://heavy.com/news/2015/09/derek-saretzky-hailey-dunbar-terry-blanchette-murder-suspect-facebook/

Somewhere I read that TB often brought Hailey to his place of business and they adored her; I might make an assumption that TB also brought her to the family owned cleaners from time to time and this is why the godmother stated &#8220;Bring her back. If you honestly love that little girl, and you took away her father, you don&#8217;t love her.&#8221; (and we all realize now that the whole town knew who drove the white van).

Is the murder of the elderly woman related? My guess is yes. Which hopefully makes more sense as to why suddenly CD is telling us she hasn't spoken to DS in years. It was random. Maybe he made a delivery to the elderly woman's home or she was a customer. Maybe TB and DS had words and DS couldn't move on about it. It is entirely possible that CD had nothing at all to do with this. I feel that maybe DS murdered Terry, then took the poor child and because she had to have been loud, he killed her as well.

It is horrible.

DS's family owned the dry cleaner. TB worked elsewhere.

This story states that DS worked at the Blanchette family owned cleaners.

http://heavy.com/news/2015/09/derek-saretzky-hailey-dunbar-terry-blanchette-murder-suspect-facebook/

Somewhere I read that TB often brought Hailey to his place of business and they adored her; I might make an assumption that TB also brought her to the family owned cleaners from time to time and this is why the godmother stated &#8220;Bring her back. If you honestly love that little girl, and you took away her father, you don&#8217;t love her.&#8221; (and we all realize now that the whole town knew who drove the white van).

It is horrible.

Ignore that crap mate, ****** editors over there. The dry cleaners is owned by the S******* family. You can search for details on the business, they've got another one in BC, also owned by a Saretzky. TB worked at a restaurant or something.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them. Any exception must first be approved by an administrator or a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK