CANADA Canada - Toronto, WhtFem, 60-75, wht hair, found on road ramp, Don Valley Parkway/Dundas, Jul' 20

dotr

Reaction score
Case #: 2020-1323799
''On Friday, July 17, 2020, at approximately 2:10 a.m., police responded to an incident in the Don Valley Parkway and Gerrard Street East area.

It is reported that:

- a woman was found on the northbound on ramp to the Don Valley Parkway from Dundas Street east.

- the woman succumbed to her injuries at the scene.

- a vehicle was northbound the DVP on ramp from Dundas Street East and struck the woman.

Police are looking for any information that would assist in identifying the woman. She is described as a white, 60-75 years of age, with white hair. She was wearing a blue and white t-shirt, blue shorts and white flip flops.

The vehicle that struck the woman, may not be aware that they struck the woman. Investigators are asking for this person to contact police.

Members from Traffic Services are investigating and are asking that witnesses, local residents, businesses, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.''

July 18 2020
Toronto Police Service :: News Release #47619
''On Friday, July 17, 2020, at approximately 2:10 a.m., police responded to an incident in the Don Valley Parkway and Gerrard Street East area.

Investigators have now deemed that there was no vehicle involved.

Police are still looking for any information that would assist in identifying the woman. She is described as a white, 60-75 years of age, with white hair. She was wearing a blue and white t-shirt, blue shorts and white flip flops.

Members from Traffic Services are investigating and are asking that witnesses, local residents, businesses, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.''

Toronto Police Service

Toronto.com
Toronto.com
Toronto Police Service :: News Release #47749
''August 5, 2020
Missing Persons Unit
416-808-7411
Case #: 2020-1323799
The Toronto Police is requesting the public’s assistance in identifying a deceased woman.

On Friday, July 17, 2020, the body of a woman was recovered from the area of the Don Valley Parkway and Gerrard Street East.

The woman's lifestyle circumstances are unknown at this time and investigators are working to establish how she came to be in the area. It may be that she was recently living a transient lifestyle or was confused and disoriented, and left her home going unnoticed.

Recently the Ontario Forensic Pathology Service, with the assistance of the O.P.P., created an artist's rendition of the woman. It is hoped someone recognizes the image and can help bring some resolution to both her family and the investigation.

Images of her clothing have also been released.

Police are not providing any further description of the woman. other than the fact she is white, so that people look solely at the images. Officers want to avoid 'tunnel vision' and anyone dismissing someone that they may think of because they feel they may not have the right descriptive features such as age, height and weight.

Investigators are encouraging people to check on their neighbours, tenants, friends that live alone and those who you have not seen for some time.''
Home

MISSING.jpg

NR.47749.1596549998.jpg

Catherine Rath, 66, was last seen on Sunday on December 24, 2017, in the downtown core area.
Toronto Police seeking missing woman

She was wearing a loose navy tank top with horizontal white stripes, navy-coloured men's Champion brand jogging shorts with a white stripe down the sides, and tan flip flops.

Authorities have updated this case with an artists sketch, and request that the public not use the image to not call in a missing person match

_1unidentified.jpg

" 'Officers want to avoid ‘tunnel vision’ and anyone dismissing someone that they may think of because they feel they may not have the right descriptive features such as age, height and weight' police said. "

Toronto police release sketch in hopes of identifying woman found dead near DVP

She was wearing a loose navy tank top with horizontal white stripes, navy-coloured men's Champion brand jogging shorts with a white stripe down the sides, and tan flip flops.

Authorities have updated this case with an artists sketch, and request that the public not use the image to not call in a missing person match

_1unidentified.jpg

" 'Officers want to avoid ‘tunnel vision’ and anyone dismissing someone that they may think of because they feel they may not have the right descriptive features such as age, height and weight' police said. "

rbbm
Even though i pay for home delivery of the TStar, cannot access the full article at the moment, in particular- interested in the part where they say something about not suggesting matches or photos??

“ Authorities have updated this case with an artists sketch, and request that the public not use the image to not call in a missing person match“

Snipped from the above post.

This didn’t make sense on first reading, but I think is clarified in the paragraph below the artist’s impression.

What they’re basically trying to say is, don’t hold back from making a tip, just because the artist’s impression doesn’t look like the person you are suggesting.

“ Authorities have updated this case with an artists sketch, and request that the public not use the image to not call in a missing person match“

Snipped from the above post.

This didn’t make sense on first reading, but I think is clarified in the paragraph below the artist’s impression.

What they’re basically trying to say is, don’t hold back from making a tip, just because the artist’s impression doesn’t look like the person you are suggesting.
Maybe the woman's appearance now, is different from the way she presented in the past? speculation, imo.

_1unidentified.jpg

Strange wording about not using the image to not call in etc. I think they mean only use/go by the image, they are not given the other stats, to prevent tunnelview. Not given the stats will prevent people to rule somebody in or out because of that and they don't want that.

MISSING.jpg

NR.47749.1596549998.jpg

Catherine Rath, 66, was last seen on Sunday on December 24, 2017, in the downtown core area.
Toronto Police seeking missing woman

Catherine Rath, 66, was initially missing and last seen on Sunday on December 24, 2017, in the downtown core area and went missing again
Case #: 2018-1009676 The Toronto Police Service is requesting assistance locating a missing woman. Catherine Rath, 67, was last seen on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at the Orillia bus station, at 150 Front Street South, Orillia. She is believed to be in the Toronto area.

I did send a PM to the Toronto Police Service through Facebook August 5, 2020 but they don't react and it seems they don't read the message. I asked for confirmation today. Time and time again it's seems hard to send in a tip or get in contact with Canadian police units. Why is it so hard to reach them; channels are not transparent or not working and why is it so hard for them to communicate with the public.

For tips one of the channels is this Tip Form Tell me were in this form you can report a tip about an unidentified person and a possible match......

rbbm
Even though i pay for home delivery of the TStar, cannot access the full article at the moment, in particular- interested in the part where they say something about not suggesting matches or photos??
I relayed all of the relevant information from that article so what you've seen in my post is actually longer than the blip itself- it's VERY brief :(

It seems that their concern is that anyone in the public would 'rule out' a potential missing person based on the artists rendering. That they want as many possibilities as can be forwarded. This concern of theirs toward finding this womans' identity and home is touching.

On the missing and homeless Facebook site they are discussing the possibility this Jane Doe being missing homeless woman Cloudia Leslie Wells. Her daughter reached out to the Toronto police. She sees some resemblances between the sketch of this missing woman, made 9 years ago and the sketch of the found woman.

Cloudia Leslie Wells – The Charley Project

117112531_2634747473465419_7262389829107737979_n.jpg

117522921_2634747496798750_3269573812069107328_n.jpg

On the missing and homeless Facebook site they are discussing the possibility this Jane Doe being missing homeless woman Cloudia Leslie Wells. Her daughter reached out to the Toronto police. She sees some resemblances between the sketch of this missing woman, made 9 years ago and the sketch of the found woman.

Cloudia Leslie Wells – The Charley Project

117112531_2634747473465419_7262389829107737979_n.jpg

117522921_2634747496798750_3269573812069107328_n.jpg
Wow! It sounds like this could be a big lead for this case. I hope it brings answers to Cloudia's family. Thanks for sharing this info.

For tips one of the channels is this Tip Form Tell me were in this form you can report a tip about an unidentified person and a possible match......
Do you still need this info, @Bit of hope? For me, it opens up as a e-form. There are a series of tabs requesting specific information. The "general" tab has a large description box which seems a good place to start. The "location and social media/website" tabs might be helpful too.

Do you still need this info, @Bit of hope? For me, it opens up as a e-form. There are a series of tabs requesting specific information. The "general" tab has a large description box which seems a good place to start. The "location and social media/website" tabs might be helpful too.

It's ok. It looks different now?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back