Canada-Victoria Stafford FACTS and LINKS only

I think Tori needs a sub forum to keep all the info organized... any mods think so?

Mom says she's not behind abduction

Calgary Herald - ‎31 minutes ago‎
Victoria Stafford's mother, Tara McDonald, said she is tired of gossip and rumours that she is somehow involved in the disappearance of her child and urged ...

Parents of missing Ont. girl argue publicly

Canada.com - ‎35 minutes ago‎
Tara McDonald and Rodney Stafford, parents of missing eight-year-old Victoria Stafford. Minutes into the media conference, Rodney Stafford accused his ...

E Canada Now

New Suspicions, Few Leads in Search for Tori Stafford

E Canada Now - ‎1 hour ago‎
Toronto (ECN) - The mystery surrounding the disappearance of eight-year-old Victoria Stafford seems no closer to getting solved as more questions surface ...

Missing Girl's Mother Admits Oxycontin Addiction

CD98.9 - ‎2 hours ago‎

Canada.com - ‎35 minutes ago‎
Tara McDonald and Rodney Stafford, parents of missing eight-year-old Victoria Stafford. Minutes into the media conference, Rodney Stafford accused his ...

‎

(snipped)

This post belongs in the Rumors Thread, but I needed to quote PotatoHead's post and don't know how to carry it over.

I re-read this article and a couple of things jumped out at me:

TM - "If I didn't have the money to buy a pill, I didn't have the money to buy a pill."

Umm, what does this mean exactly? Nothing. It could very well imply almost any other method of obtaining a pill - beg, borrow, or steal. An addict qualifying for methadone doesn't just give up that easily, IMO. I don't believe that she did.

TM - "We have absolutely no drug debts whatsoever," McDonald said. "There was one situation that the police have spoken to the people and said you know, did this have anything to do with this, and it's nothing. Absolutely nothing."

What "situation"? I'd love to know. Anyone care to speculate?

Ok, now I'm really going to bed.

MCDONALD, S J Celebrating the life of S J McDonald, born on April 17, 1965, Woodstock, Ontario, went home to be with the Lord July 14, 2008, Calgary, Alberta.

More info at the link.

http://cgi.bowesonline.com/pedro.ph...onald&order_by=dateofdeath&=0&xid=48125#48125

Thanks to the member who found it.

[*] Early evening MTR & TLM on video at HD Guelph parking lot

Respectfully snipped by me.

I haven't read a report saying that they are on video at HD Guelph. Only that the car was said to be seen by people at HD in Guelph.

The video showing the car in the parking is not at HD in Guelph.

Respectfully snipped by me.

I haven't read a report saying that they are on video at HD Guelph. Only that the car was said to be seen by people at HD in Guelph.

The video showing the car in the parking is not at HD in Guelph.

TY.

Fixed here and on the time line in the current Tori thread #14

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE HELPED

Ongoing Edits to add dates/details - will add article links

Any FB/MS/Forum entries are paraphrased - not cut & paste posts from other sites, unless the FB post has been reported in the mass media & linked to a news article.

WIP TIME LINE:

April
April 17

---------

October

October 26

• Michael Thomas Rafferty - DOB (2009 said to be 5'10" & 180 lbs.)
----------

June

June 2

• TLM's DOB
-------------

-------------

------
1995 - '96

'95 to March '96

February '96

February 24

--------

----

-----
December

December 12

• TM's other Step-father, Robert Winters, passes away
-----

February

~~~
July

July - Unknown Date

July 14

~~~

December

-----

January

~~~
February

• (Approx) - TLM moves next-door to Craig R & Jessica M
~~~
March

Uknown Date

March 3 (approx)

~~~
April

April 1

April 6

April 8

April 9

• 12:00 a.m. - Police in other jurisdictions notified
  • 3:07 a.m. - LE sent Media notice out
  • 11:45 - police helicopter arrives to assist with search
  • 4:30 - Southside Pond search by Fire Dept
  • Cosmo (TM's dog) eats garbage - taken to vet
  • LE releases Video from High School of Abductor
  • Police say they are looking for a white woman, aged 19-25, about 120-125 pounds, with a black ponytail and who was wearing black jeans and a white puffy jacket.
  • Possible sighting in this video of TLM while Maitland is talking (standing behind her)
  • JJ arrives in Woodstock
  • LE Techs Obtain Surveillance Video from ESSO stn
Between April 8 - 12

April 10

April 11

April 12

April 13

April 14

• Police Defend Not Issuing Amber Alert
April 15

• TM Expresses that Tori's Disappearance Should be Treated as Abduction
  • TM states she 'has not done drugs since high school'
  • News comes out about James Goris 3rd Appearance in Court regarding Theft under $5,000 charge
April 16

• Woodstock Rally & Balloon Release
  • TM urges Police to Treat Case as an Abduction. 30 LE around the clock. 500 Tips so far
April 17

• OPP Take Lead in Case Investigation
April 19

• LE Reports >1,000 Tips To Date
  • Symbolic Walk on College St. Dozens of people
April 21

• Composite Sketch Released
  • Lie Detector Tests disclosed to media
April 22

April 23

• Mysterious Benefactor Limo Ride
April 24

• Daryn's 11th Birthday
  • [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXSRgJyPJQ0"]YouTube - 3-D Animated Model Sequence "Woman of Interest" - GTA's Most Wanted[/nomedia]
April 25

• AMW - Short Case Profile
April 27

• TM Releases News of Mysterious Benefactor & Limo Ride Publicly
April 28

• Oxford Police Announce $50,000 Reward
~~~
MAY

MAY 1

May 2

May 4

• LE Release VOI Images
  • JJ TM's brother returns to Alberta. (per TM press conf)
May 5

May 6

May 7

May 8

May 10 (Mother'sDay)

May 12

May 13

• Tara reads Tori Love Letter (debate - written on Mom's Day?)
May 14

May 15th

May 17

• Candlelight Vigil Victoria Park, London
May 18 (Victoria Day)

• Float Honouring Tori In Woodstock Victoria Day Parade
  • Vigil in Ingersoll at Memorial Park
May 19

May 20 (Day 1 of Remains Search) DAY 42

• Charged are: 18-year-old Terri-Lynn McClintic is charged with the following Criminal Code Charges:
    - Accessory After The Fact To Murder
    - Abduction Of A Person Under Sixteen
  • 28-year-old Michael Rafferty is charged with the following Criminal Code Charges:
    - First Degree Murder
    - Abduction Of A Person Under Sixteen
  • Arrested After Midnight
May 21 (Day 2 of Remains Search)

May 22 (Day 3 of Remains Search)

May 23 (Day 4 of Remains Search)
May 24 (Day 5 of Remains Search)

May 25 (Day 6 of Remains Search)

(National Missing Children's Day)

May 26

May 28

MR's Lawyer Harald (Hal) Mattson - no web site found:

Law Offices of Paul L. Seitz, Harald Mattson, and Clarke L. Melville
820-50 Queen St N
Kitchener, ON, N2H 6P4
519-579-8594

MR's other attorney - Brennan Smart - no web site found:

Smart J Brennan
130 Lancaster Street East
Kitchener, ON N2H 1N1
519-579-2924

OPP Update - Victoria Stafford Abduction - Major Development News Conference
WOODSTOCK, ON, May 20 /CNW/ - Members of the Oxford Community Police and
the OPP Criminal Investigation Branch will be holding a media conference at
3:00 p.m. Wednesday, the 20th of May 2009 at the CAW Hall located at 126 Beale
Street in the City of Woodstock.
Chief of Police Ron Fraser and OPP Detective Inspector William Renton
will be on hand to speak to the recent arrest of two suspects in connection to
the Abduction of Victoria Stafford.

Tori was ‘delightful contradiction’
Brenda Fitzmaurice, Tori’s former neighbour and a family friend, described Tori as a delightful contradiction: A girlie-girl who loved dresses and the colour purple, but had a quick tongue and a tomboy streak. Tori and her brother, Daryn, 11, were always together, she said, and often rode their bikes to the creek to look for tadpoles and turtles.

CANS Missing Endangered Alert Canceled for 8 Year Old Woodstock Girl
[FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL]Code Amber News Service (CANS) canceled this Missing Endangered person Alert after two individuals were arrested and charged with the murder of Victoria. Michael Thomas C.S. Rafferty, 28, has been charged with kidnapping and first-degree murder. Terri-Lynne McClintic, 18, is charged with kidnapping and being an accessory after the fact. As of today (05-20) authorities continue to search for Victoria's body. No Amber Alert was issued in this case. [/FONT]

Victoria Stafford's family reacts to news of her murder
Victoria Stafford's father says news of the girl's murder is hitting her 11-year-old brother hard. Rodney Stafford says the boy's first reaction was to ask: "I don't get to see her anymore?

Two arrests in Tori Stafford case - LFP
(inc. pics & video)
Terri-Lynn McClintic, 18, is charged with abducting Stafford from her parents Tara McDonald and Rodney Stafford. She was also read charges of assisting Michael Thomas C. S. Rafferty in escaping the area.

Police focus on finding Tori's body after arrests - CTV with video of suspects @ court
"Although the suspects know Victoria's parents, police don't believe they knew who their daughter was at the time she was kidnapped, Sgambati said.

"I think there's a lot of shock, even among law enforcement," said Sgambati. "
Police believe Victoria was abducted for "sexual purposes" and investigators are now looking for the child's body, Sgambati told CTV's Canada AM in an interview from Woodstock.

"At 10:01 a.m. he wrote 'Everything good is coming my way'," she said.

Tori Stafford's mother knew 1 of 2 suspects arrested in her killing
As police searched for Victoria Stafford's body Wednesday near Guelph, Ont., they said one of two suspects arrested in her killing is a young woman who was known to the girl's mother.

Murder charge laid in Ont. girl's abduction
Neighbours of the man charged with abducting and murdering eight-year-old Victoria "Tori" Stafford expressed shock and horror Wednesday at the prospect that their own children may have come so close to Michael Rafferty.

Report: Tori Stafford is in the Guelph area
Media reports suggest investigators in the Tori Stafford case are in the Guelph area gathering evidence.

CTV reports police are in the area, using a helicopter, searching for the body of the missing Woodstock girl with a female suspect in the case.

Michael Thomas Rafferty Charged With The Murder Of Tori Stafford (Story Updated)
Child May Have Been Kidnapped For Sexual Purposes

Police believe Victoria was abducted for "sexual purposes" which has left investigators and the community in shock.

Police believe that while the suspects may have known Victoria's parents they do not believe that they knew who their daughter was at the time of the kidnapping.

Search for Tori Stafford turns to grim hunt for her body
Police vowed Wednesday they won’t rest until they unite the eight-year-old girl’s body with her grieving parents.

“The most important mission we have yet to accomplish is to reunite Victoria with her loved ones,” Oxford Community police chief Ron Fraser said.

Two arrested in Woodstock abduction

Michael Thomas C.S. Rafferty, 28, and Terri-Lynne McClintic, 18, of Woodstock, were arrested last night.

They were taken in handcuffs into the Woodstock courthouse this morning, where they made brief appearances before being taken to Elgin-Middlesex Detention Centre in London.

Police search for Tori's body Courthouse Video Here
To aid in that search, the OPP brought in a helicopter, which spent yesterday afternoon scanning a sparsely populated swath covering hundreds of square kilometres around Rockwood, Eramosa and Fergus. The area lies north of Highway 401 about an hour's drive west of Toronto.

Six weeks after Tori Stafford goes missing, focus shifts to recovery

Court documents suggest that even before the massive volunteer searches and candlelight vigils, and before her smiling, innocent face was beamed into homes nationwide, the Grade 3 student, known as Tori to friends and family, was already dead.

Quotes from the case of missing eight-year-old Victoria Stafford
A selection of memorable quotes from the case of missing Ontario schoolgirl Victoria Stafford

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfYzab8Uw5A"]YouTube - Court scuffle[/ame]
You Tube video of the scuffle outside court

We Are Left With Hundreds Of Questions

We are satisfied at this point that we have the persons responsible and we do not expect any more arrests at this time."

When asked about possible motives, he would only say, "The matter is before the court and I cannot speak to that," an answer he repeated several times as reporters tried to learn more about the sinister case.

Arrests offer no relief to Tori's parents' nightmare
With details still sketchy, it appears Tori was snatched away in broad daylight outside her school and killed within hours. The suspects apparently abducted Tori for "nefarious" purposes, choosing her for no other reason than that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

POLICE UPDATE - First degree murder charges (multiple videos)
Police did say that one of the suspects was already in custody on another matter when the charges were laid.

Man caught up with Tori murder suspect
Rob McClintic is a man caught up in a storm he certainly didn’t see coming.
“I’m standing here right now still shaking,” said McClintic in a telephone interview.

Police vow to recover Tori's body
Police also said they don't believe they've found the crime scene yet, but he vowed to return Tori to her parents.

Police remained tight-lipped about the motive for the abduction and murder of the little girl, and said they're working hard to locate her body so Tori can be brought home to her parents.

Stafford case update: OPP search farmer's field near Guelph
The search for the body of eight-year-old Victoria Stafford has provincial police searching near a farm field northeast of Guelph.

Around 4 p.m., police converged on the field on Wellington Road 22, just east of Highway 6. Three officers and a canine unit appear to be searching a large pile of stones on the property.

Police search for body of missing Ontario girl Tori after murder charge laid
Although Renton would not say where that search would lead them, recovery efforts were apparently underway in a rural area outside of Guelph, known as Rockwood, about an hour east of Woodstock.

A police helicopter spent the afternoon criss-crossing a region marked with farmers' fields, ponds and wooded areas.

Rafferty's neighbours said he either lived with his mother or his parents. People in the surrounding houses didn't know them well, with most saying they kept to themselves.

Aaron Mabey, 20, lives next door and said he saw several police officers outside the house Tuesday night around 11 p.m.

Police expanding search for Tori's body.

The pair were arrested after midnight Wednesday at a rundown house in Woodstock - about 140 kilometres west of Toronto.

Police, using search dogs and helicopters searched farm land around Rockwood until about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday and were out again Thursday morning. Officials would not confirm the location where they are focusing their efforts.

Chronology of events in the disappearance of Tori Stafford

Arrest Gallery - LFP
(incs. many pictures added/updated after May 20th arrest)

WS discussion/reaction to arrests - Victoria Stafford Thread 11 beginning on Page 40

12/6

Terri-Lynne McClintic from a broken home
Her mother was a stripper, her adoptive father a long-distance trucker who last saw his daughter when she was about 6 years old.

Terri-Lynne McClintic, 18, accused of being the mysterious woman in the white puffy coat who lured Tori Stafford, 8, to her death, moved back to Woodstock three years ago with her mother, Carol, according to her grandmother, Nancy McClintic, and her adoptive father, Rob McClintic.

Picture Gallery of Arrest & Aftermath

Tori murder accused 'intelligent' and 'weird'
The picture former friends and acquaintances of Rafferty paint is of a man of contradictions. While most describe him as intelligent and even funny, "weird" and "odd" are also common adjectives. But the thought Rafferty could be capable of kidnapping and killing a little girl never existed. Until now.

Munger, a St. Thomas resident, says she first met Rafferty in Toronto in 2001 when he was living at a friend's house on Queen St. W.

Teen 'had tough life growing up'
"She (Terri) told me she was sexually assaulted when she was about 4 or 5," said Nikki Kayla, an 18-year-old student in Parry Sound who grew up with Terri-Lynne McClintic. "She would get very emotional and even angry when she talked about it. It doesn't excuse what she did but, you know, she had a tough life growing up."

The young woman had been in and out of juvenile homes for the past five years for numerous misdemeanours like fighting and aggression, Carol said. But when Terri-Lynne came home last July, she had changed. "We have been tighter than before," said Carol, who is battling intestinal cancer. "She changed, for the better."

'I am sorry every day'
"I am sorry every day and feel the pain of knowing that if I had done something different, then life as I know it would be filled with joy."

Rafferty worked for a Guelph, Ont., landscaper until late 2007 but quit to move to Woodstock, his former boss says.

Neighbours had suspicions
The mother of the woman accused of abducting Victoria 'Tori' Stafford told reporters yesterday she knew nothing about her daughter's involvement in the case.

"If I actually thought I knew what was going on, you actually think I'd let it go on?" an angry Carol McClintic said. "Now leave me alone."

TLM told neighbours she might have been on the video because of events the day before and the day of the abduction.

Neighbours' tip key to case

That began more than a month of detective work for McDonald, her friend Craig Racine, and another neighbour, who asked to be referred only by her first name, Tina.

On Friday, May 15, the three saw Michael Thomas Rafferty, 28, charged with abduction and murder, in the area.

They had only known him as Mike and didn't know where he lived. They noted his licence plate and e-mailed it to police.

Suspect 'cries all the time'
Michael Rafferty, accused in the murder of Victoria "Tori" Stafford, is being described by a former girlfriend as an unstable boyfriend who demanded constant attention.

The two-month relationship is said to have ended on April 1, one week before the eight-year-old Tori went missing.

Police tactics questioned

Eight people who contacted police about Terri-Lynne McClintic, charged with abduction and accessory to murder after the fact, said they don't understand why police had her in custody April 12 but didn't charge her until May 20.

Three of the accused woman's neighbours told The Free Press this week that McClintic herself said she had been near the school the day before the abduction with her dog and the day of the abduction talking to a little girl.

An acquaintance of McClintic said yesterday a mutual friend gave the woman a white puffy jacket similar to the one seen in the video. After seeing the video, he called police and told them about McClintic.

Vehicle used to abduct Tori Stafford could be the clue to finding her body

The blue Honda is now being scoured by a team of forensic investigators looking for clues.

Maitland said the car was spotted at a Home Depot near Guelph the evening Tori was abducted, with the suspects and Tori in the car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back