Found Deceased Canada - Zabia Afzal, 30, Toronto, 10 May 2018

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/zabia-afzal-missing-1.4662291
[h=1]Police divers end search with no sign of missing Toronto woman Zabia Afzal[/h][h=2]York University student and community activist Afzal has been missing since May 10[/h]Ilina Ghosh · CBC News · Posted: May 14, 2018 4:40 PM ET | Last Updated: an hour ago
toronto-police-divers.jpg

Police will be continuing their efforts on the ground, in the water and in the air with helicopters searching the area again tomorrow, Zubair Afzal said.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/...rt-to-find-phd-student-in-toronto_a_23434551/
TORONTO — The brother of a woman missing in Toronto says a widespread community search for his sister is helping his family get through a difficult time.

Zubair Afzal said more than 100 people have joined the effort to find his younger sister, 30-year-old Zabia Afzal, a PhD student who has been missing since Thursday.

Afzal's family is heartened to know there are so many people concerned about her, the woman's brother said.

"It's the one thing that keeps us going," he said Monday. "Looking at the friends, looking at the community that's come out with support. We're trying to have positive thoughts."
VIDEO
https://www.cp24.com/
More than 150 people search for Vaughan woman

Family and friends of a missing Vaughan woman are in the Woodbine Beach area continuing their search.

Afzal, 30, had just had breakfast with her brother Zubair Afzal before heading to work at her family's real estate business Thursday morning. She traveled about five minutes to her office, where she spoke with co-workers, before leaving without telling anyone where she was going
cache.php

cache.php

Authorities were able to track her phone to the Ashbridges area in Toronto, which is about 26 miles from her job. Her phone was found in the Ashbridges along with her other possessions, Zubair said. Afzal is a beloved activist in her community
'Building on the thorough canvassing of downtown Friday and Saturday, today we had three major search events at Thorncliffe Park, Center Island, and Scarborough Bluffs, as well as campaigns in High Park and other areas of Toronto and North York,' a tweet from the account read on Sunday.

The volunteers also plastered missing person fliers throughout the areas they searched.
cache.php

Worried family members and friends have created social media accounts and the hashtag '#FindZabia' in attempt to reach anyone who may have seen her in the Ashbridges area. Dozens of people (pictured) have volunteered to help find Afzal within the last four days

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/zabia-afzal-1-week-missing-1.4666553
May 17 2018
[h=1]'Please reach out to us': Zabia Afzal's family still hopeful as search enters 7th day[/h]
"I want you to be safe out there; please reach out to us."

That's the message Zubair Afzal says he wants to pass on to his sister.

"We absolutely love you."
"We have sat down various number of times within the family and also with some of the friends as well, trying to brainstorm a little bit on what might have happened," he said. "We have not been able to pinpoint anything specifically."
He added that police were expected to continue their search efforts on the ground, in the water and in the air with helicopters searching the area.

This is speculation, but if she left her *family business* where she worked, after speaking with co-workers and not telling anyone where she was headed, *SOMETHING* had to have transpired that affected her negatively for her to leave without telling anyone where she was going.

I get that some people will say, "I'm stepping out to run some errands". That's technically 'not telling someone where you are going', and being vague about it.

Something happened. Something triggered her disappearance and I believe it's voluntary. Whatever was said at the office where she works, made her want to leave, head to Ashbridges Bay, leave her belongings there, and disappear.

Speculation tells me she'd had enough, and chose to end her life.

I noticed that fresh posters have been put up along the Danforth yesterday. Forgive this utterly sad and gruesome question, but if Zabia had gone into the lake around the time her belongings were found, wouldn’t it be likely she’d be seen by now? I am completely ignorant of currents, etc, but I would not expect her to be swept away from the Woodbine beach area like perhaps one would be in other bodies of water. I am thinking about the gentleman (first name Mark, I believe) who entered and was later found in the water near there.

This is speculation, but if she left her *family business* where she worked, after speaking with co-workers and not telling anyone where she was headed, *SOMETHING* had to have transpired that affected her negatively for her to leave without telling anyone where she was going.

I get that some people will say, "I'm stepping out to run some errands". That's technically 'not telling someone where you are going', and being vague about it.

Something happened. Something triggered her disappearance and I believe it's voluntary. Whatever was said at the office where she works, made her want to leave, head to Ashbridges Bay, leave her belongings there, and disappear.

Speculation tells me she'd had enough, and chose to end her life.
Or she could have gotten a troubling phone call.

There's a heavy police presence on the beach again this morning. This time there's also an ambulance. I don't have confirmation that it's related to Zabia but that's what folks around here are saying :(

There's a heavy police presence on the beach again this morning. This time there's also an ambulance. I don't have confirmation that it's related to Zabia but that's what folks around here are saying :(
Whereabouts, Ava? TIA

Authorities have also launched a recovery mission for that young gentleman who went overboard a few days ago near the Bluffs. Could be him as well.

Body of missing York University student Zafia Afzal found
Body of missing York University student Zafia Afzal found

"On Tuesday, York Regional Police said they were notified on Friday around 2 p.m. by Niagara Regional Police that a body had been found “in its marine boundaries.”
A post-mortem concluded the body was Afzal.Police say her death is not suspicious."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sheepranch
Back