Carl Probyn, stepfather of Jaycee Dugard, has passed away!

mjm076

Reaction score
Carl Probyn, stepfather of Jaycee Dugard, and father of Shayna Probyn, Jaycee's half-sister, passed away on June 30th. Many might not know that he was originally from my country of Canada but moved to California at aged 8. He had one sister, named Margo (identified as "Aunt M" in Jaycee's book).

William Carl Probyn South Carolina Obituary

It's unfortunate that Carl was never reunited with Jaycee. :( However, I am relieved to see that he still had a relationship with Shayna up to the day of his death as I was concerned that since there was no mention of him being at Shayna's wedding (which Jaycee wrote about in her second book in 2016) that he and Shayna were estranged from each other. However, it says in the obituary that after his mothers death, Carl moved to South Carolina to be closer to Shayna so that's good to hear!

I'm also happy he died now rather than before Jaycee was found so he was able to be completely exonerated from being involved in Jaycee's abduction. I'm sure that gave him a great deal of peace!

Interestingly, it is not mentioned in the obituary that he is survived by Terry Probyn, Jaycee's mom, so that leads me to wonder if they eventually did formally divorce after being separated for many years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back