Case Against Darin?

cami said:
Me too, it does sound more like Darin then Karen.
It makes more sense for her to call out to Darin and I really think she did. I also think the plan might have been for Darin to go after the Neals but that got sidetracked because the police arrived so quickly. That might explain why Darin did go as soon as he could, even though their presence was not needed by then. He had a mindset to stick to the plan.

Jeana (DP) said:
Been there. Done that. My oldest turned 25 in March!!!! ;)
Well, you get to do it again! hahahahahahaha. Each one is more interesting.

Goody said:
Well, you get to do it again! hahahahahahaha. Each one is more interesting.

LOL I'm not even worried about my boys. They're both very calm, very sweet natured. ITS THE GIRL I'M WORRIED ABOUT. She's only 10 years old, but Saturday night I got a small taste of what I'm in for. She's the "curse" my mother put on me. I've always said that my mother, rest her soul, is probably smiling from ear to ear knowing that my precious little powder puff is going to show me first hand exactly what my sisters and I put our poor mother through. I'm not ready. I'm not nearly ready for this!!!!! Lord have mercy!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jeana (DP) said:
LOL I'm not even worried about my boys. They're both very calm, very sweet natured. ITS THE GIRL I'M WORRIED ABOUT. She's only 10 years old, but Saturday night I got a small taste of what I'm in for. She's the "curse" my mother put on me. I've always said that my mother, rest her soul, is probably smiling from ear to ear knowing that my precious little powder puff is going to show me first hand exactly what my sisters and I put our poor mother through. I'm not ready. I'm not nearly ready for this!!!!! Lord have mercy!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Girls are more scary, but boys can turn your hair white, too. Hahahahahaha! Are you watching the Princes of Beverly Hills? Forget which channel it is, but the stepfather is a music producer who tells them to go out and make some of their own money. They keep him ticked off. I haven't been watching it because I have so many other shows going right now, but people with teens and preteens might find it interesting. hahahahahah!

Goody said:
Girls are more scary, but boys can turn your hair white, too. Hahahahahaha! Are you watching the Princes of Beverly Hills? Forget which channel it is, but the stepfather is a music producer who tells them to go out and make some of their own money. They keep him ticked off. I haven't been watching it because I have so many other shows going right now, but people with teens and preteens might find it interesting. hahahahahah!

No, I haven't seen that one.

cami said:
Me too, it does sound more like Darin then Karen.
cami? where is this dang unidentified fingerprint that the creature on Court TV board is going on about? She won't answer me, wonder why? I think that's from the Darlies isn't it, or it wasn't bloody?

beesy said:
cami? where is this dang unidentified fingerprint that the creature on Court TV board is going on about? She won't answer me, wonder why? I think that's from the Darlies isn't it, or it wasn't bloody?
I didn't even know that there was an active Darlie forum at CTV. Now YOU have caused me to stop and read the entire thread. Thank You! Other than the stubborn, unreachable poster over there, I was caught up once again in idiocy of Darlie. Someone asked here why she would do or say a certain thing. IMO--JMO She isn't/wasn't very smart to begin with. IMO The coverage here in the Dallas area was right on. Her story didn't make sense, her actions unforgivable. Again thanks for the great explanations "over there" to you and to Cami!

texaslb218 said:
I didn't even know that there was an active Darlie forum at CTV. Now YOU have caused me to stop and read the entire thread. Thank You! Other than the stubborn, unreachable poster over there, I was caught up once again in idiocy of Darlie. Someone asked here why she would do or say a certain thing. IMO--JMO She isn't/wasn't very smart to begin with. IMO The coverage here in the Dallas area was right on. Her story didn't make sense, her actions unforgivable. Again thanks for the great explanations "over there" to you and to Cami!
Me either, Texas. I will have to beatfeet over there.

Goody said:
Me either, Texas. I will have to beatfeet over there.
Yes, please do! My fingers are getting cramped! :dance:

texaslb218 said:
thanks! I know they keep saying the don't believe she did it because they don't believe any mother could do it. It's not any mother we're worried about. It's Darlie! I haven't made it thru all the posts yet. I read for awhile, see something stupid and have to respond!

beesy said:
thanks! I know they keep saying the don't believe she did it because they don't believe any mother could do it. It's not any mother we're worried about. It's Darlie! I haven't made it thru all the posts yet. I read for awhile, see something stupid and have to respond!
Can someone post the URL for the forum there?

Ta :)

Darin Routier's Jeans
I am also having a problem with Darin's jeans.

Why was he wearing jeans?
Did he sleep in them?

If he was awakened by screams or glass breaking it doesn't make any sense he would take the time to put jeans on, does it?
He's involved somehow

Linda7NJ said:
Darin Routier's Jeans

Did he sleep in them?

If he was awakened by screams or glass breaking it doesn't make any sense he would take the time to put jeans on, does it?
He's involved somehow

In order to answer that question, I think we're going to need to find a third party in the "know" as its apparently obviously that the two of them (Darlie and Darin) can't seem to agree or tell the truth.

Linda7NJ said:
Darin Routier's Jeans

Did he sleep in them?

He's involved somehow
Darin claims he was sleeping in the nude when Darlie's screams woke him up. He got up, grabbed his glasses and reached for his jeans. That was his claim in Jan, 1997 at the trial, I believe. In June, 1996 right after the murders, in their police statements, Darlie and Darin tell two different stories about it. One has him coming downstairs in jeans and the other has him coming downstairs in the nude. When police arrived, he was wearing jeans and no shirt and was barefooted. So did he leave Devon to got back upstairs to put his pants on before police arrived or did he stop to put his pants on before responding to Darlie's screams? Or was he never upstairs in the first place? No one knows because there were no other witnesses and we have only their word for it. Not only do they not agree, but they both have motives to lie and indeed have been caught doing just that in this case.

I have wondered why it is taken as a given Darlie went to sleep on the couch.

Could she have went upstairs to bed with Darin and one of the boys downstairs angered her or Darin?
The couple may have wanted some private time only tro be interrupted by one of the children or by both.
An arguement may have ensued and Darlie went downstairs in anger to shut the boys or boy up. Perhaps she went into the kitchen to get one a drink of water or whatever and while ranting or angry grabbed the knife and stabbed them.
Darin could have been egging her own. He could have been yelling he was tired of the kids and their life chained down. Darlie may have finally cracked and figured she was too.
That would give reason for Darin to feel some obligation to stand behind her and tell some lies. Make him feel some responsibilty for "driving her to it".
He may have wanted then to get the boys help but also protect his wife. If the second child stabbed was sleeping he would have felt the boy didn't know what happened and wouldn't identify Darlie. But Darlie would make sure the boy didn't live.

Becba said:
I have wondered why it is taken as a given Darlie went to sleep on the couch.

Could she have went upstairs to bed with Darin and one of the boys downstairs angered her or Darin?
Anything is possible, I guess. We only have their word for what happened before the 911 call and the physical evidence in the crime scene. I don't think Darin was all that put out by the kids' death. Whatever grief was in him seemed to quickly evaporate. Maybe when he started weighing the pluses, his grief was replaced by profit and loss figures on book and movie deals. One author quoted the guy, who gave him that tattoo of Darlie and the boys, as saying their story was going to be "Big". The carnival atmosphere set by the family at the trial seems to live up to that expectation. It must have been traumatic when the bubble burst.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back