Case Review #1: Thread #13: LE Press Conference Press Release: August 11 2010

I can't get the feed to run for some reason. It was working fine earlier, darn it!

Noodlin notes and IMHO only:
1. Kyron definitely was taken from school in a vehicle. It could have been the truck or not, but SOMEONE was there to meet with Terri. The terrain searches ruled out Kyron leaving on foot with or w/o someone.
2. The reason Kaine still drives the truck is because nothing happened in the truck.
3. Something has given LE to believe that something happened at either one of the FM parking lots (hand-off?), and that's why they say they have no evidence to believe that he is no longer alive.
4. LE is still keeping this a local investigation for SOME reason.
5. There is more evidence to suggest what happened or otherwise, Desiree (especially) and Kaine would most certainly NOT be satisfied with the investigation.

They don't say anything about the white truck in regards to the south parking lot.

I stand corrected. Sorry, this is the quote I heard south side parking lot in.

Detective O'Donald(Donnell?)

“we are seeking to identify, uh, the identity of a witness who parked their vehicle between approximately 8:15 and 8:45 on June 4th, specifically on the south side of the parking lot immediately off NW Skyline blvd. As indicated in the photographs,
if you parked your vehicle described, (mumble), if you parked your vehicle in this area please contact the Multohnmah…..”

However, since the detective is referring to the picture of the truck and pointing behind him as he says this,does this not mean the picture of the truck is indeed on the south side of the school? Which if I recall, is the front?

I was thinking about the Carlie Brucia case (FL) where her abduction from the car wash was captured on surveillance tape. I don't recall all the details of the evidence that was used to convict Joseph Smith, but I think the surveillance footage was one of the major pieces, especially since poor little Carlie was easily identified in the footage being led away by Joe Smith.

So what I'm wondering is this: does LE have surveillance footage of the white pick-up in the FM parking lot, and perhaps even footage of what may look like some sort of hand-off occurring? But since the truck was parked a distance away from the entrance to the store, is it possible the footage isn't entirely clear (hence the need for witnesses)?

Thoughts on this, anyone?

I was thinking about the Carlie Brucia case (FL) where her abduction from the car wash was captured on surveillance tape. I don't recall all the details of the evidence that was used to convict Joseph Smith, but I think the surveillance footage was one of the major pieces, especially since poor little Carlie was easily identified in the footage being led away by Joe Smith.

So what I'm wondering is this: does LE have surveillance footage of the white pick-up in the FM parking lot, and perhaps even footage of what may look like some sort of hand-off occurring? But since the truck was parked a distance away from the entrance to the store, is it possible the footage isn't entirely clear (hence the need for witnesses)?

You know, I just can't believe someone trying to hide a kid, a body, anything else for that matter, would be dumb enough to do it in broad daylight in a Fred Meyer parking lot where there are tons of other much more hidden places to do so. I'm just wondering if they are just trying to see if she "met up" with anyone there, period. And maybe there is no surveillance video after all?, maybe the truck is placed in those locations because that's where TH said she parked? IDK, just trying to think out loud and make sense of this.

Good point, Billylee.

IF a *hand-off* occurred, there were many secluded places to have done so.

I'm reeeaaalllyyy starting to lean that way. Although I don't think it was obvious on the surveillance video. The truck is big. A car could easily park behind it (at least in view of surveillance cameras), and whatever happened didn't get caught on tape precisely, but a vehicle parking nearby would.

Remember, Terri (according to her FB) was good friends with someone at "Freddie's" and Terri frequented that store a lot (which store, I'm not sure). If you go someplace long enough locally, you get a feel for the surroundings and patterns of people/cameras/parking, etc.

A LOT depends on what exactly they found on the computers (searches...that's what fried Scott Peterson), what she bought at the FM stores, what she had at home for meds and on and on.

As it is Kyron's birthday, I will wait until tomorrow to explain my thoughts out of respect him and his parents.

I stand corrected. Sorry, this is the quote I heard south side parking lot in.

Detective O'Donald(Donnell?)

“we are seeking to identify, uh, the identity of a witness who parked their vehicle between approximately 8:15 and 8:45 on June 4th, specifically on the south side of the parking lot immediately off NW Skyline blvd. As indicated in the photographs,
if you parked your vehicle described, (mumble), if you parked your vehicle in this area please contact the Multohnmah…..”

However, since the detective is referring to the picture of the truck and pointing behind him as he says this,does this not mean the picture of the truck is indeed on the south side of the school? Which if I recall, is the front?

BBM. The truck in the pictures is on the access road, and on the road just off the access road (you can see the access road in front of the truck). The DA discusses the matters related to that.

If you listen to the detective in the Q&A session at the end, and look at what I transcribed above that he said, I think it may be clearer. He says he wants parents to call in and tell him the make, model, etc, of the car they parked in the south parking lot.

BBM. The truck in the pictures is on the access road, and on the road just off the access road (you can see the access road in front of the truck). The DA discusses the matters related to that.

If you listen to the detective in the Q&A session at the end, and look at what I transcribed above that he said, I think it may be clearer. He says he wants parents to call in and tell him the make, model, etc, of the car they parked in the south parking lot.

I guess I'm just confused. The detective's statement when he points up to the truck that I transcribed is about the south side of the parking lot. And this quote from your transcription:

"The parents, the guests, the staff only in the area that I have depict (sic) in the photograph. We'd like them to call the tip line."

Is there a picture of the south side of the parking lot that I'm missing? Which photograph is he using when he says the area he "depict" LOL? Just trying to figure out if they are saying the truck was in the south and the access road? (Or maybe he doesn't know his directions?) Isn't the access road on the west?

I guess I'm just confused. The detective's statement when he points up to the truck that I transcribed is about the south side of the parking lot. And this quote from your transcription:

"The parents, the guests, the staff only in the area that I have depict (sic) in the photograph. We'd like them to call the tip line."

Is there a picture of the south side of the parking lot that I'm missing? Which photograph is he using when he says the area he "depict" LOL? Just trying to figure out if they are saying the truck was in the south and the access road? (Or maybe he doesn't know his directions?) Isn't the access road on the west?

The portion of the access road on which the truck is parked is actually south of the school building, in front of the main entrance. Behind the truck, in the pictures, you'll see the playground, which is in the field in front of the main entrance. The main entrance is on the south side of the building.

What is referred to as the 'south side parking lot', I hate to say lol, is actually to the east side of the building. East of that playground area - not the area butting right up against the east face of the school building.

It's much easier if you look at the diagram of the school. It's very clear on that where the portion of the access road is that the truck is parked on, when you use the diagram plus the pics from this press conference. You can clearly see the south side parking lot - on the east side of the school. It's marked "Parking" on the diagram.

Unfortunately, I don't have the diagram handy. You could maybe ask in the locals thread for a link to it, or search through one of the school threads.

Well I can't find the diagram, but here's a picture:

School1.jpg

See the 2 white cars in the parking lot on the right side of the picture? That's the east side of the school, and that's the south side parking lot.

Now look down at the bottom middle of the picture. See where it says "NW Skyline Blvd"? See the gravel road going back through the grass to left (west)? That's the access road, and you can see the playground equipment (dark green) on the light tan patch of dirt behind it. That's sitting in front of the main entrance of the school, which is on the south face of the building.

Now if you take this picture, and then open the PDF from the press conference in another window, and go back and forth, you'll be able to place things better I think.

It's very confusing lol.

Found the diagram! "Play Struc" is the playground equipment on that light tan patch. "Parking" is the southside parking lot. The little white road going up from where it says "NW Skyline Blvd" at the bottom is the access road where the truck is parked.

floorplanofSkyline.jpg

Well I can't find the diagram, but here's a picture:

School1.jpg

See the 2 white cars in the parking lot on the right side of the picture? That's the east side of the school, and that's the south side parking lot.

Now look down at the bottom middle of the picture. See where it says "NW Skyline Blvd"? See the gravel road going back through the grass to left (west)? That's the access road, and you can see the playground equipment (dark green) on the light tan patch of dirt behind it. That's sitting in front of the main entrance of the school, which is on the south face of the building.

Now if you take this picture, and then open the PDF from the press conference in another window, and go back and forth, you'll be able to place things better I think.

It's very confusing lol.

Got it thank you!!! So they're asking about the truck being seen to the Southwest and people to come forward with the vehicle ID's who parked in the southeast lot. (I think??? LOL)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back