Cases from 1980-1989

Thankyou so much for your kind words and support.
Sadly, in 1997 I was on a 3rd date with a guy I really liked. We were supposed to go to dinner. He brought 2 friends. They drugged my pop and took me back to my apt and took turns all night long. That one was much harder for me to recover from because I trusted my date. I didn't call police due to how I was treated in TX. I had a nervous breakdown and got into intense counseling. Than I left the state to move to a rural area in the SE. My brother moved down the next year and bought a house just blocks from me. Than he had 3 strokes and after being in coma, going thru speech and PT, he was doing OK except walking was unsteady and his speech was bad.
In 2017, my brother got sick and ended up on life support an hour away. (Closest major hospitals). Squatters moved into his house and were doing and dealing crack and meth. They were selling all his furniture and belongings. I got POA over my brother so I could evict the squatters. I had to call the police here almost daily to report more of my brothers belongings missing and than call again to show the missing stuff for sale on FB marketplace. Police did nothing. The police treated me like a criminal. They said there was no way I could prove the stuff was my brothers. My brother got better and was placed in a facility for physical therapy. It took me 53 days to get the squatters out. When it was time for sheriff to come and throw them out, they refused to do it until my brother came back home. I had also gotten a restraining order against the main squatter at my brothers request. It was a nightmare. My brother was afraid to come home with them living in his house. I was PTSDing real bad from the way the police treated me and my brother. They told me to "go home yankee." and "You and your brother are not welcome here". I talked to Chief of Police. Nothing happened. Finally, on the 53rd day, only 2 squatters remained. They left to go to the store and I changed the locks. They had no belongings and the restraining order was in effect. They sold everything of my brothers. Including his hand urinal, underwear, coat, socks, clothes, pots and pans, silverware, antiques and furniture. They left behind bedbugs.
After we cleaned the house, debedbugged it, demethed it and got him a new bed, dishes, pots and pans, etc he was able to come home.
I had another nervous breakdown and could not find treatment. Than I got sick and have been in bed almost 6 years. My brother died of Covid in 2022.
I have almost constant PTSD issues and cannot find treatment that will take my insurance. I'm here alone with no family or friends and just want to move back home. But with my health, PTSD and SSD income, it's nearly impossible.
So...I was strong but now not as much. It has been a really hard. I don't trust the police here. The neighborhood has gotten bad. And I feel like a sitting duck.
Thankyou for your kind words and support.
I’m so very sorry to read this @JulianaMoon. I’m sorry to read about the loss of your brother who you took such great care of. Life is very very unfair at times. You have been dealt some poor cards and have picked yourself up and been strong again.
May your dear brother rest in peace. I’m sure you miss him greatly.
I’m so sorry to read that you were re-victimized by a date you trusted. Something similar happened to a girl I knew in college where he called a friend and raped her.
It’s unconscionable.
It happens regularly in colleges and elsewhere still and is usually not reported. There is a place in hell waiting for these monsters.
I’m really sorry about your nervous breakdowns- they are understandable based on what you encountered. That is the worst feeling - often you relive all the past pain when going through this. May God bless you.
I’m so very sad to hear that you were repeatedly victimized and it’s understandable about your trust issues when you have been treated poorly and disrespected.
I have the utmost respect for you.
I think you are even more amazing after what you have been through. You didn’t give up, you got the squatters out and rebuilt. They can take a lot from you but they can never ever take your dignity or strength or resolve. My own experience with the police is very positive but I have become friends with a female police officer I think is amazing and I was helped by a female police detective who listened to me. First I had to ask her what was needed though and I had to really listen and ask for her help to find what was needed. She came through in the most incredible way a lot of prayer and a lot of good luck later.
I do realize that not all police officers are nice people and I’m so sorry about your experiences. The vast majority of police officers though are good and decent and they have a calling to help us. We need to build trust in them and not allow the bad ones to skew our perception of them all. I can only say please don’t give up hope and maybe ask for a female officer or detective if/when needed so you can build trust. There are a lot of kind and empathetic male police officers as well but my own experience has been very positive through amazing female officers I have met.
I will share a video link that may not help you at all but has been a great help to me and many. I don’t know what your illness is or if this even applies but posting just in case. I will keep you in my prayers and lift you up in prayer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back