Cases That Haunt You

I don't know any one who was officially "murdered" but my sister and I were questioned in a case when we were 13 & 12.

We babysat for a family across the street and they had moved a few months before and their 1 1/2 year old baby boy walked 2 miles and "fell into the Missouri River."

The police wanted to know if we had ever seen anything while babysitting, but we hadn't as far as we knew.

When I think about it all these years later, I've often wondered if there was something we might have seen and not even noticed at that age and the police didn't know how to question us correctly. (This was back in the early 1970's).
Wow that is suspicious. I think it tends to stick with you when someone loses their life so tragically young. It really bothers me that the gun was never found in Kimberly's case when the suspect had it in his possession just days before. I wonder how that was explained away during the trials. This was also happening around the same time and area as The Santa Rosa Hitch Hiker Murders. Very suspicious....
Kimberly best is my aunt. We still are trying to get the murders solved.

If you remember a name than youshould speak up if you havent already. Also let police look at case with a new set of eyes.
I tried to contact the detective, got nothing from him. Others on here have been able to and they reported steve owens, who was the one I was speaking of, besides, he was already a suspect so contacting them wouldn't have mattered. I believe another who had lived there has named the landlord, I wonder if anything has happened with that.
I was wrong, I wasn't 14 at the time, I was 12, just wanted to make that clear because I don't like lying even when it's accidental. After I seen what steve was saying I talked to my mother about it, she cleared it up for me. Tiffany would have been 35 this year. I haven't seen that part of the family since the summer this happened. It makes me sick that they still haven't done anything about this. I hate to think about how many other children this "person" has had access to.

Convicted serial killer Peter Tobin once lived in a house in Windlesham Road, Brighton and the garden has never been searched as far as I am aware.
Another residence in Portslade was searched thoroughly and nothing found and a further property in Brighton.
There was speculation over the Polegate teenager Louise Kay in Brighton in the 1980’s.
At the time of Louise’s disappearance Tobin was living in Brighton but working as a hotel handyman 24 miles along the coast in Eastbourne – a mile or so from where the 18-year-old went missing.

Here is a photo of the garden. I am not sure if we are allowed to give the house number so I will leave this for people to sleuth.

There was an online petition to dig up places of interest including the house in the photo.
Sign the Petition

upload_2021-8-22_18-44-32.png

I live about 20 minutes from this location. I just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss. I hope Terry gets justice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
that’s because it was a inside job . How does the detectives just happen to loose all the evidence ? Two days from now will be 49 years and no justice . They could of easily used dna if they didn’t loose the evidence

Last edited:
Standried, funny you should mention that, yes the house was for sale through an agent and yes, there was a for sale sign in the front yard. There was a lot of speculation that the man might have told Terry he was a real estate agent, or as you suggested, someone interested in the house, because nobody could believe that Terry would let a stranger into the house. In fact, after Terry's murder, Willingboro banned the use of for sale signs in the entire township. That ban stayed on the books for many years, but was lifted at some point. I worked in a local department store the following year, only a few blocks from the neighborhood where Terry was killed and one of our security guys was a moonlighting cop. I talked to him about Terry's murder and he told me that they knew who did it, it was somebody local who was married and had two children, but they didn't had enough evidence to arrest him. I don't know if this was true or not as the guy was kind of a blowhard and I was never sure if he was just blowing smoke, LOL.
The murder occurred the summer between our junior and senior years of high school, I am 59 now and this murder still eats at me. Thank you for commenting!

Standried, funny you should mention that, yes the house was for sale through an agent and yes, there was a for sale sign in the front yard. There was a lot of speculation that the man might have told Terry he was a real estate agent, or as you suggested, someone interested in the house, because nobody could believe that Terry would let a stranger into the house. In fact, after Terry's murder, Willingboro banned the use of for sale signs in the entire township. That ban stayed on the books for many years, but was lifted at some point. I worked in a local department store the following year, only a few blocks from the neighborhood where Terry was killed and one of our security guys was a moonlighting cop. I talked to him about Terry's murder and he told me that they knew who did it, it was somebody local who was married and had two children, but they didn't had enough evidence to arrest him. I don't know if this was true or not as the guy was kind of a blowhard and I was never sure if he was just blowing smoke, LOL.
The murder occurred the summer between our junior and senior years of high school, I am 59 now and this murder still eats at me. Thank you for commenting!
Most likely true ! And the police were trying to cover him because they just happen to loose the evidence after all these years . If the police didn’t lose the evidence they could’ve easily use DNA when my cousins family moved to Maine my grandma was the only Caseiro in the area they called her July 24 th a year later if the day and said “do you know what today is “ and hung the phone up .

Greenirisheyez that sounds like quite the case! Is there a thread here for it? Was the uncle cleared? Just wondering as ive read before that its a common occurence that a perp will cover their victim if they are close to them.
Yes my grandfather was cleared and would never do anything to hurt anyone

"Few details are available in his/her case."

Both haunting and sad.

I can't find a link....it was a Dublin, CA girl, Eileen Mishaloff, I think I spelled her name wrong. She was an ice skater, she was walking I think home to or from the rink and she was never scene again. I was working in Dublin when this happened I can't even remember the year. I looked on www.missingkids.com and I couldn't find her missing poster. I think she was later thought to be a runaway and no one ever mentioned her again. She didn't take any of her stuff with her and she gave me the feeling that she wasn't a runaway................Does anyone else remember her? I still think about her.

Mystery Momma, Yes I know something about this case, I live in the area. Her name I believe is spelled Ilene Mischeloff. She was abducted walking between school/home and Dublin Iceland. She was never classified as a runaway. She is believed to be a victim of foul play. Her mother still holds candlelight vigils for her and her missing posters can still be found in a few storefronts in Dublin.
There was a murdering couple (James Daveggio & Michelle Michaud) just a couple of years ago that abducted and killed a Phillipino woman from Pleasanton walking on her way to work and dumped her body near Lake Tahoe. They grabbed her off the street and tortured her in their van. They are suspects in the disappearance of Ilene Mischeloff.:twocents:

I live in Dublin and I think about Ilene's case often. I was only 5 when her abduction took place so I don't particularly remember the occurrence or the town's atmosphere surrounding it. Unfortunately, both the 2021 and 2022 memorial walks/vigils were cancelled due to COVID. I know she will never be forgotten here.

The Netherland murders in Bardstown are bothersome. No one, as far as I am aware, has ever discovered a logical motive for the killings. We are left with the impression that the victims were targets of opportunity for a roving maniac. How many others has he killed?

The Netherland murders in Bardstown are bothersome. No one, as far as I am aware, has ever discovered a logical motive for the killings. We are left with the impression that the victims were targets of opportunity for a roving maniac. How many others has he killed?

That is an odd one:

One that often comes to mind is 13-year-old Tristan Brubach, who was ritualistically killed in Frankfurt, Germany. I'm surprised that, as far as I can see, there is no dedicated thread for it on WS? Anyway, there are so many disturbing details about it. The creepy underpass where the murder took place, the genital mutilation/cannibalism, the unsettling identikit of the killer, right down to small things like Tristan complaining of back pain (a sign of sexual abuse?).

Tristan's mother died from suicide when he was little, his own life was brutally cut short, and his father died in 2015, never knowing the truth of his son's murder, and someone even attempted to exhume Tristan's grave. What a tragic end for the Brubach family.

Not an unsolved one but a solved case documented by a true crime YouTuber by the name of evil intentions, he covered One of the sickest cases I’ve ever come across definitely haunts me.

A family of six was slain in a Spanish Harlem apartment.

Maria Rodriguez. Stabbed to death with a carving knife strangled with an electrical cord.

11 year old son billy. Strangled with an electrical cord with tremendous force.

5 year old daughter. Jennifer Beaten so bad kidneys and liver were ruptured and choked with a cord.

Linda. The Months old baby. Beaten to death a tennis racket.

Mother of Maria. Stabbed or beaten to death.

The boyfriend of the mother of Maria. Stabbed or beaten.

Maria and her children’s body’s were said to be placed on the bed beside each other.
The killer sometime afterwards set fire to the apartment.

Maria’s boyfriend Ramon conception was later charged with the slayings. It was said that after the murders he took a nap, watched television, and even went to a yankee game before returning to the apartment to set it on fire. The next day he went to his job as if nothing happened, when he got word that the family had been slain he tried to show remorse and act like he was devestated, it was said he even was one of the onlookers in the crowd gathered around the massive fire that firefighters were trying to extinguish, a fire that he himself was responsible for.

The cases that haunt me are:
Maura Murray
Jon Benet
Jenny Leuth and Diana Shawcroft. I went to school with them, and my cousin was best friends with Jenny's sister.
Peggy Hettrick
The Laci Peterson case
Denise Johnson the outer banks N.C.
Kendrick Johnson his case is weird.
Obviously there are many more but here is a handful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back