Casey and George give just about identical descriptions of Caylee's clothes

Actually, I have always had my suspiscions with GA's statement about Caylee's clothing.

When that statement came out, I wondered about it so I did my own experiment. I asked my husband what was my grandaughter was wearing a week ago. He remembered. I asked him 2 weeks. He didn't remember. I asked him how about a month ago? He sure didn't remember at all.

I did the same thing with my daughter and her husband. They all could remember a week ago but not a month ago.

Anyone here could do the same experiment. So in my opinion, GA did not see Caylee that day.

Caylee had so many shoes, cothing and sunglasses there is no way he remembered exactly what she was wearing.

Actually, I have always had my suspiscions with GA's statement about Caylee's clothing.

When that statement came out, I wondered about it so I did my own experiment. I asked my husband what was my grandaughter was wearing a week ago. He remembered. I asked him 2 weeks. He didn't remember. I asked him how about a month ago? He sure didn't remember at all.

I did the same thing with my daughter and her husband. They all could remember a week ago but not a month ago.

Anyone here could do the same experiment. So in my opinion, GA did not see Caylee that day.

Caylee had so many shoes, cothing and sunglasses there is no way he remembered exactly what she was wearing.

Lol! If you blindfolded me, I couldn't tell you what I was wearing right now!

Exactly! And the important thing I noticed is he initially had the wrong date ~ along with CA and Casey. Yet, when talking with Greta, he was too precise even noting the time of day Casey & Caylee walked out the door. This is why I've never believed he saw them that day, 6/16. MOO

His tell tale pasted on smile (even while speaking) and head bobbing are pretty good signs he's lying (through his teeth, literally) too.

That's what I am thinking...he doesn't mention the clothes in his statement, which was written 3 hours before Casey wrote hers.

A description of the clothing is one of the standard questions in a missing person report (BTDT).

When writing a statement, it usually follows verbal Q and A, you are then asked to write down those answers in your own words.

When GA wrote his statement, he didn't mention clothing so it is unlikely that he remembered what she was wearing. This is not unusual given the time lapse.

The most peculiar thing about the clothing description is the addition of the ponytail ~ a hair style would fall into the physical description category. Height, weight, hair etc.
So the fact that they BOTH mention this 'additional' information suggests that GA is repeating KC's description.
Again ~ not odd, since they were compiling posters and NCMEC poster templates have an area for "last seen wearing".

It seems odd to us as GA appears to use the clothing to add weight to his seeing Caylee at 12.50pm. ( this is inconsistent with KC's statement saying she dropped Caylee of between 9am and 1pm. )

However the prosecutor will simply ask, "What was Caylee wearing when you saw her on the 16th?".

GA will respond.

SA will ask "And what was KC wearing that day?" (repeat for each person he saw that day).

GA won't recall.

SA will ask, "What was so significant about Caylees attire that you can recall it a month later?"

Lie exposed!

Lol! If you blindfolded me, I couldn't tell you what I was wearing right now!
The only explanation I have is if it was an outfit that Caylee wore a lot or was particularly cute. Maybe he liked that little outfit on her and it stuck in his mind. I can remember what my 26 yo son wore on his first day of kindergarten but not what he was wearing yesterday. I can remember this because he look so cute in his Superman shorts:)
I will say in George's defense that ya just never know why you remember some things. If we had to press our memories and really push to recall what someone was wearing as though their life depended on it, maybe we could all come up with the outfit also.
I think if my granddaughter were gone I could come up with what she was wearing when I last saw her. I just know I could.

I have some serious issues with the last time of GA's account of seeing Caylee that morning. He never mentions breakfast which he had said he usually had with her and there is just a gap of time as to what happened that morning but that is a whole different thread. As a former officer I would think the most important thing to remember is a description of clothing of what she was last seen wearing so it could be documented. As a grandfather you would replay in your mind the last time she walked out the door and what happened especially from not seeing her. It isn't so much as what his first account said but what is missing in it that lacks credibility.

I doubt I could give a truthful answer to what anyone was wearing the last time I saw them, but what I could give, and probably would, if badgered about the subject, is a description of one outfit that is typical of what they usually wear.

then I find myself falling into a 'defend that statement' sort of mindset, where I soon begain to believe it myself, and insist that is indeed what they were wearing last time I saw them. It is not so much that I am untruthful, as that I try to come up with an answer that is more or less truthful, or truthful enough, 'close enough to the truth' to please the questioner.
Then I conveniently forget that that that is what happened. It annoys me no end when I do this sort of thing, but it does seem a common enough fault. I know I am not the only one who does it. So I am not going to fault GA or anyone else who does the same thing, which is what I think he did.

I'm not sure I believe that George saw Caylee that morning like he says he did. But just to throw this possibility out there....

Maybe there is an explanation regarding the clothes:
Casey and George describe jeans shorts/skirt on Caylee when she was last seen.
However at the dump site there were white shorts with pink stripes.

I think we can agree that Casey's MO frequently was to pretend to go to work. But in reality she just waited until her parents had left the house. Then she came back home and spent the day there waiting until her friends got off work. Then she would drop Caylee off with Cindy.

Maybe on that last day George really did see Caylee leave with Casey in the clothes that he described. Maybe after Casy and Caylee had snuck back home, Caylee had a toilet training issue which required her to have a change of clothes. Hence different clothes were found at the dumpsite. Heck, maybe a toilet training incident is what set Casey off. (Although I think she had thought about "doing away with" Caylee for a long time.) The "soiled" clothes would have been left at the house and later washed (knowingly or not) by Cindy and folded up and put back in the room.

Just a thought. I'm not invested in this scenario by any means. :)

It would be useful to know on what date the descriptions were given?

If KC gave a description to the officer who came to the house, then George likely heard the description then.

As we get closer to the one year anniversary of Caylee's disappearance, I have to admit that I'm forgetting a lot of the small details that we talked about in the early days. While I don't remember the shorts/skirt, I do remember LE finding the pink shirt that said Big Trouble comes in Small Packages (or something to that affect).

Abscent minded Melanie.....

Glad this topic was brought up..... not for just the clothes but for the dead timeline George gave us for when caylee was last seen by family. I hands down, hands down suspect George and lee of knowing more ( more than cindy). People like him i read through, so much denial. KC is daddys lil girl he loves her as much as he did caylee. Funny how Kc had such a strained relationship with her dad b4 the arrest to him being the one she wants to talk to in Jail.

Actually I like your experiment because I wondered if men in general ever notice this kinda stuff :biglaugh:

however, you did miss one thing - it was the last time he ever saw caylee. Before 16 June 2008, KC and caylee pretty much always came home and he saw them pretty much every day. I think as the days passed GA remembered because it was unusual enough to stick out and time passed without another sighting ever overwriting that one, if that makes sense. Cause I can tell you for sure that I couldnt tell you what my baby was wearing a month ago but if him and his dad walked out and never came back, I would never forget.

Also, a little girl in florida wearing a pink t and a jeans skirt or shorts? probably par for the course - she likely wore some variation of this frequently - so not too had to think back and "remember" an archetype outfit, if you like.

I too am unsure if GA saw them that day or just thinks he did, I dont think he is lying deliberately. It always sounded fishy cause of this whole tv show thing. I dont think he remembers but desperately wants to.

Interesting the remains were found clothes off with white shorts. I dont even want to guess on that. She was being potty trained so maybe that's what happened. I hate to think all this misery could be caused by a potty emergency....I wont even go there...makes as much or as little sense as anything I guess...my point is, my little 2 year old (a boy, not potty training yet) is very particular, a drip of water or speck of dust and he needs new clothes :biglaugh: so maybe it isnt so sinister and she was wearing a pink t and jeans skirt and then had to change.

I cant imagine any possible way KC would forget what she was wearing. I know how we all think of her but she was human enough to know it was exactly 31 days. I know she didnt forget what caylee was wearing that day. I expect she left out the white shorts for a reason.

I doubt I could give a truthful answer to what anyone was wearing the last time I saw them, but what I could give, and probably would, if badgered about the subject, is a description of one outfit that is typical of what they usually wear.

then I find myself falling into a 'defend that statement' sort of mindset, where I soon begain to believe it myself, and insist that is indeed what they were wearing last time I saw them. It is not so much that I am untruthful, as that I try to come up with an answer that is more or less truthful, or truthful enough, 'close enough to the truth' to please the questioner.
Then I conveniently forget that that that is what happened. It annoys me no end when I do this sort of thing, but it does seem a common enough fault. I know I am not the only one who does it. So I am not going to fault GA or anyone else who does the same thing, which is what I think he did.

and this is why witness testimony is notoriously unreliable...there goes direct evidence vs circumstantial :biglaugh:

Very suspicious...you would think that he would want to include the clothes Caylee was wearing when he last saw her in his official written statement...?

His statement was IMO one of the oddest things I have read. Not one word about the car, or any physical description of Caylee, like she's three feet tall, etc. Just my spouse called my cellphone, I called my landline, I got voice mail...:eek:

I still have a hard time knowing that KC killed her baby and CA/GA are willing to lie about when they were last with that sweet lil gurl. Knowing all the while she was laying out in the swamp---rotting. I'm sorry but this is way beyond dysfunctional. H3ll, I am dysfunctional and so is my family------so don't tell me about dysfunctional---this crap in Fla. is Evil.

They don't even fit in with the group ove us who are dysfunctional---there should be a study into this family. Fer real. Not joking around here. Am dead serious. Not "ranting" either. Nope. And you wanna know somethin else????? There are more families in this "Evil Category". They just are good at hiding it from the public. Scary huh?
I understand how you feel, and I have to remind myself
no matter how many times I have seen CA and GA, listen to them, and roll my eyes at them, I do not know them. I have never met them and have no more knowledge of what they are really like or what they do behind closed doors. I see this crime and their willful cover-up through my own sensibilities and that can be a hindering thing.

I am glad to see this thread. I think going back to the beginning is key in figuring out this family plan.

If the Anthony's are found to be helping casey with the cover up of her murder after the fact by lying..etc. Does that make them accessories to murder? Could they be seriously charged if they are found spewing mistruths?

I am positive he said a jeans skirt...still looking for the interview.

George described Caylee's clothing in his interview with LE on August 4, 2008 - page 10 http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/georgeanthony aug4.pdf

He said, "And I know she was dressed in her little uh, blue jean skirt, the white tennis shoes, um" and "She had a pinkish color top. One of those uh, one has a sleeve on it. She had her little sunglasses on, they was white rim sunglasses. Her hair was in a ponytail that day; I remember that very, very well."

So far I don't think LE has any plans to arrest them and charge them with anything. Maybe if they found out that George and Cindy have known all along that Casey murdered Caylee and they knew where she was all of the time that she lay out in those woods in the water and brush they just might change their minds and charge them with something. I would hope so anyway.
Maybe they would be charged for covering up a crime but the charge wouldn't be murder because they didn't have anything to do with that. I do wonder if they haven't known all of this time that Casey did it and where Caylee was all of that time. We will probably never know the truth.

PLEASE stay on the topic of this thread -

Casey and George give just about identical descriptions of Caylee's clothes

There was some discussion about the shorts Caylee was wearing in the video at the nursing home. IIRC they were white with stripes. Isnt that how they described the shorts found at the site? She was wearing a blue/green top in the video. What color top was found at the site?

Woop, I found it....
Clothes etc“Within the bag”
- Pooh blanket
-Shirt Size 3T. Colour not given
-Shorts Size “24 months” White with vertical stripes. Stripe colour not given-Small cloth Letters. Iron on type. Quantity and precise description not given.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back