Casey Anthony’s Defense Misses Deadline-Blames prosecution

Hrmph...

My DD ignored an order by a judge one time...she spent 6 months in county lockup for contempt...

I wonder if AL wants to spend time w/KC in jail?

:snooty:

Ewwwwwwwwwieeeee, now that is a visual I can do without! But,you have a point there - the amazon is all over the student with hugs and that last hearing seeing G&C and JB & AL all hugging like it was a family reunion - ewwwwie.

AL has taught KC to poke her eye to produce a tear like look, wipe invisible tears and has anyone else besides me wondered if those tissues she hands KC all the time are sprayed with something to make her tear? Am I too cynical or realistically thinking, that with these characters anything is possible. Someone remind me to watch and see if those tissues are court provided or brought in by someone! Too bad the video never starts till KC is about to thunder in. (We need a local to go undercover! LOL)

Precisely!!!

The Defense are doing their standard....

• Don't look here, look over there
  • Don't blame us, blame them
  • We can't show you ours because we want you to show us yours
  • Distraction, distraction, distraction
  • Delay, delay, delay
  • Empty claim, claim, claim
..... stuff and getting away with it.

ETA: I think JB thought that the deadline was really 2015, when the trial is more likely to proceed. Did JS say Feb. 1, 2010?

Cyberborg -- is it not oddly ironic and sadly funny that they are turning the courtroom into a glorified playground argument. >>>>>>> Enter Judge, blowing whistle..........

Well here we go. So Tm says we have substantial evidence.
1: They now have witnesses sworn testimony that they searched that area and did not see the body. Not seeing the remains does not mean they were not there. By September there was no body only bones.
2: We also have Tes withholding evidence ordered by a Judge. Evidence that the defense needs to make their claim. Judge ordered release of 32 records and TES provided those records. The witnesses who searched were not searching for TES at the time they were on Suburban Drive.
3: Rk's description of the dump site in the 911 calls is not what I can see in the pictures. Furthermore he says he is only 50 percent sure that it was in the same place back in August. Where is the white board, where is the log that has been cut on, where is the mowed area beyond? End result is he is the one who found Caylee. If he was mistaken in August then clearly he did not put the body there. But it is a dump site, so things can change over a few months.

The Judge gave the defense until Feb 1st to produce evidence that the body was not there. He did not say prove it to the Prosecution. I think the Judge is satisfied with the defense's claim of substantial evidence. The Judge did not ask for proof, SA did. Proof could be defense's experts proving the body was not there until after KC was in jail. No expert has come forward with any statement claiming what defense stated in court. An expert is a lot easier to produce than a POI. They have not done so.

Also, a Judge can't really create a deadline and then give Tes a continuance, when he knows the Defense needs those records to make their claim. The Judge reset this discovery timeline and thats all there is to it. The deadline thing is dead and satisfied. Moo
But defense has been told by MN that they are welcome to come to his office and go through the records and they have not done so. It serves no purpose to release those records to the public with personal information. Their PI has no problem sitting in court instead of sitting in MN's office going over those records??????

I believe SA and the Judge are abiding by the rules of the court but defense just does not appear to get it. They have nothing and you can't spin gold out of straw. You can see that wheel spinning, just nothing coming out.

It's just so apparent they have nothing. JMO

Cyberborg -- is it not oddly ironic and sadly funny that they are turning the courtroom into a glorified playground argument. >>>>>>> Enter Judge, blowing whistle..........

If I was asked to describe the defense so far, I'd use the word "buffoon".

You can pick door #1, door #2 or door #3

1) a clown, a jester: a court buffoon

2) a person given to clowning or joking

3) a ludicrous or bumbling person

Which door would JS choose?

I can't help but wonder if the official "missing the deadline" was anticipated by the SA after their post hearing "pow wow". If the defense gave the SA enough info to "tide them over" then they may not formally complain until they have exhausted their work on the names that they have been given.

AL discusses in an article (see reference in the AL thread) when to "show your cards". I don't doubt that she will play them close to the vest until she is "forced" to give them up. It is all legal maneuvering and in essence a giant game of "chicken" with the Fl. courts being the one to make the call that "game's up".

I never expected to see any names by February 1st.......I suspect that the SA didn't either. JMO

I've started this post numerous times. Written things, then deleted, then wrote more. Deleted again.

And after all that back and forth I still have nothing to say, truly.

I'm flabbergasted.

And how ironic that for my 1000th post...I had nothing to say. :waitasec:

You're are not the only one SleuthyMama :blowkiss: :hug:

Sometimes I start off reading :read: a thread, then I start to post :eek:nline: then I stop :waitasec: :frown: and instead of posting :eek:nline: I go back to reading :book: :D There are times it's better that way KWIM ;)

Stalling stalling..I am not sure this trial will begin in June.

If I was asked to describe the defense so far, I'd use the word "buffoon".

You can pick door #1, door #2 or door #3

1) a clown, a jester: a court buffoon

2) a person given to clowning or joking

3) a ludicrous or bumbling person

Which door would JS choose?

I vote for door #4, which involves falling down the rabbit hole, encountering everything behind doors 1-3, and winding up with one giant UNETHICAL "lawyer". JMO.....

Is this not the second time the defense has been asked for evidence and failed to produce any? I recall earlier that they were asked and the defense said (after being pushed) they determined Casey's innocence based on the SA's evidence. Also didn't JB already produce one witness list that was an exact copy of the SA witness list?

I also think it's going to be very hard for the defenses expert's to give accurate opinions on the evidence once the SA show's that these expert's didn't even complete any of their investigations into the evidence.

BBM
Yes it is marspiter

First Motion from SA filed on Sept 10, 2009
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/10/08/reciprocal.to.compel1.pdf

Defense Response to motion filed on Sept 17, 2009

http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2009/1007/21230892.pdf

During the Hearing held on October 16, 2009

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...l-date-set-in-fraud-case-murder-charges-stand
Casey’s legal team was also given additional time to provide proof that someone else—besides Casey—placed 2-year-old Caylee Anthony’s body in the wooded area where her remains were discovered in Dec. 2008. Defense attorney Jose Baez said of the evidence, “There will be something. There definitely will be something.” The information must be given to the court by Feb. 1, 2010.

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2009/10/state-defense-spar-during-case.html
The Judge Stand Strickland ruled that the defense has to produce evidence specific to the claim made by Macaluso. They'll have until February 1st to do so, or explain why they can't.

Second Motion Filed by the SA filed on Dec 9, 2009

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/12/10/second.motion.to.compel.reciprocal.discovery.pdf

Casey Anthony Defense Team Misses Deadline
http://www.wftv.com/news/22415041/detail.html

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...thony-those-deadlines-arent-set-in-stone.html

1: They now have witnesses sworn testimony that they searched that area and did not see the body.
2: We also have Tes withholding evidence ordered by a Judge. Evidence that the defense needs to make their claim.
3: Rk's description of the dump site in the 911 calls is not what I can see in the pictures. Furthermore he says he is only 50 percent sure that it was in the same place back in August. Where is the white board, where is the log that has been cut on, where is the mowed area beyond?

The Judge gave the defense until Feb 1st to produce evidence that the body was not there. He did not say prove it to the Prosecution. I think the Judge is satisfied with the defense's claim of substantial evidence.

Also, a Judge can't really create a deadline and then give Tes a continuance, when he knows the Defense needs those records to make their claim. The Judge reset this discovery timeline and thats all there is to it. The deadline thing is dead and satisfied. Moo

Specifically: "We also have Tes withholding evidence ordered by a Judge. Evidence that the defense needs to make their claim."

Again, TM stated that there IS evidence supporting blah blah blah yada yada bologna bolgna..he didn't say we think we can prove this if TES has records we think they have but if they do and they say what we think they say then we can argue blah blah bla yada yada.

The worst part is they used this assertion as an argument to obtain records. So the decision made by the Judge could be argued to be null and void based on the fact that no such significant evidence has been produced.

If they had it they would have produced it the second they were asked for it. MHOO

1: They now have witnesses sworn testimony that they searched that area and did not see the body.
2: We also have Tes withholding evidence ordered by a Judge. Evidence that the defense needs to make their claim.
3: Rk's description of the dump site in the 911 calls is not what I can see in the pictures. Furthermore he says he is only 50 percent sure that it was in the same place back in August. Where is the white board, where is the log that has been cut on, where is the mowed area beyond?

The Judge gave the defense until Feb 1st to produce evidence that the body was not there. He did not say prove it to the Prosecution. I think the Judge is satisfied with the defense's claim of substantial evidence.

Regarding point 1, if the dump site looked like this, I could understand the fact that someone searched the area and nothing being there as having some merit:

207006.jpg

However, when the dump site looked like this, the fact that someone looked and didn't find anything doesn't mean that there wasn't anything there, especially given the factors of water, scattering of remains, and the fact that the body was skeletonized in a short period of time:

207063.jpg

207066.jpg

207069.jpg

207078.jpg

The fact that anything was found at all is, at least in my mind, one step short of a miracle. The fact that it was found within walking distance of the home is what I would have expected, given that the crime was likely committed by the mother. It has been stated numerous times that bodies are normally dumped close to home when the killer is the mother.

Let's be honest here, and take some of your own experiences into account. How many times have you lost your keys (cellphone, PDA, something) in your home, searched the home 4 times and then finding it in a place you had looked several times. I live alone, don't believe in ghosts, and have had that happen a number of times. And I knew exactly what I was looking for and what it looked like.

Regarding point 2, even the searchers who came forward and said they searched that area and didn't find anything stated they were searching on their own. What is TES responsible for documenting when they are not coordinating the search efforts of individuals?

Regarding point 3, it has been well documented that the body was in the same location where it was initially dumped, since there was a depression under the remains and there were several months of vegetation growing up through the skeleton. That's going to be difficult for the defense to overcome, since the body obviously was there long enough to make a depression before it decomposed, then it was there long enough for vegetation to grow through it AFTER decomposition had progressed enough for plants to start growing through it.

I would love to believe that a mother could not do this to her daughter. Personally, I think an accident happened and she tried to cover it up. However, now I think she has (pardon the expression!) hung herself, since there's no longer any evidence of that accident. Had she just come forward, told the truth from the beginning, and taken responsibility, she'd probably be out of jail already.

Could JB and AL just say that TM was an idiot who didn't know what he was talking about when he made that claim, and that they, as CA's lead defense, never supported him making that statement, and he's been released, so the deadline doesn't apply? It's a stretch I know, but I've known them to stretch a mile wide before.

Wait....Todd Macaluso has been released as a member of the defense team?:waitasec:

How did I miss this????

I think it is going to be pretty hard for defense to get enough experts to testify against the State's experts because there are so many of them. And we all know that not all of them could be wrong about the remains being there since June. With the bugs, the growth of plants, the bones being scattered, condition of her clothes, the condition and contents of the garbage bags, the truck of the car, it will not be easy to disprove. JMO

We are still waiting to hear from the defense what proof they have that Caylee's body was placed in the woods after Casey was jailed. Is there any news on this? In this video , Mr. Miller says definitely at the time TES was there, that area was under water!! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pei6GAlQ5AI[/ame]

We are still waiting to hear from the defense what proof they have that Caylee's body was placed in the woods after Casey was jailed. Is there any news on this? In this video , Mr. Miller says definitely at the time TES was there, that area was under water!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pei6GAlQ5AI

In my infamous "rereading" of documents yesterday (down the rabbit hole again) I read Yuri's summary of the case, which included information about RK's statements about see, finding the skull. RK clearly states that when he first saw the bag and possible skull in August it was in the water. In fact, one of the deputies who responded to his call (the LE who was rude to him) slipped on the bank in the mud and was mad.

Let's face it, if the defense had any proof that Casey did not kill her daughter then Casey would not be sitting in jail for over a year while the defense stalls as hard as they can. No innocent client is going to willingly allow her defense to take their time with her case so that said defense can get more air time. All this was was the defense running their mouths without thinking ahead and now they have once again proven to a large majority of the public that they know as well as most of us do that Casey is guilty.

notthatsmart, what does RK have to do with anything? What happened to the nanny? Are we just supposed to forget that ever happened? Is RK zanny? There is no link between KC and RK. Your arguments as well as the defense make absolutely no sense, I'm sorry.

In regards to the article. How is it the Pros fault that they can't obtain certain documents from the FBI? The pros and the Judge have told JB and defense how to go about obtaining them at least 3-4 times in open court. How many more times does the Judge have to address it before they understand? Has the defense team even attempted to contact FBI, Oakridge, etc..?
What do those agencies have to do with the defense missing their deadline when they stated in court that they already had evidence supposedly exonerating their client? Oh that's right... they don't have any.

What incompetence! I feel so sorry for the taxpayers of FL.

Wait....Todd Macaluso has been released as a member of the defense team?:waitasec:

How did I miss this????

oh no no no, I'm sooo sorry, I didn't mean it to come out that way. I said couldn't they just SAY that, you know to get them off the hook... but I'm so glad you caught that. I guess they couldn't just say he was released if no formal announcement were ever made. Although I don't think HL ever made an announcement either, he just didn't come back after lunch. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

oh no no no, I'm sooo sorry, I didn't mean it to come out that way. I said couldn't they just SAY that, you know to get them off the hook... but I'm so glad you caught that. I guess they couldn't just say he was released if no formal announcement were ever made. Although I don't think HL ever made an announcement either, he just didn't come back after lunch. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

:blowkiss:

Let's face it, if the defense had any proof that Casey did not kill her daughter then Casey would not be sitting in jail for over a year while the defense stalls as hard as they can. No innocent client is going to willingly allow her defense to take their time with her case so that said defense can get more air time. All this was was the defense running their mouths without thinking ahead and now they have once again proven to a large majority of the public that they know as well as most of us do that Casey is guilty.

-----------------
TorisMom, you said it all. Amen :woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname